Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: fourfourtwo  (Read 10117 times)
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, January 15, 2009, 22:17:16 »

Who needs Kaka - we've got cack
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, January 15, 2009, 23:25:43 »

what can you write about a poor team going nowhere that's safe off the field? we're probably one of the most unremarkable teams in the country. we're the new rochdale.

You make a good point, we're not exactly newsworthy, but why bother at all then? I thought (potentially misguidedly) that this was an opportunity to get an insight into the behind the scenes goings on at the club?

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, January 16, 2009, 08:30:23 »

But surely the sacking of the manager, the appointment of DW, DB's time as caretaker, the hunt for new players, the hunt for a new manager - the trials and tribulations of a fl club

These are all writeable stories that would show what goes on in the background of a normal football league club which is why I thought they took up the sponsorship in the first place so they could get these type of stories.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, January 16, 2009, 08:44:13 »

That'll be the economic crisis that will. Not enough ink to write up all those stories.

We had more ink (and better weather) under the tories!
Spencer_White

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, January 18, 2009, 22:49:06 »

We only need a play off worthy team and then we are worth writing about. Our fans get excited.

But this season has been a bag of shit. Barry Corr against Rovers one of the few highs.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, January 18, 2009, 22:50:34 »

Tranny at home was good.....then nothing.
Spencer_White

« Reply #21 on: Sunday, January 18, 2009, 22:52:40 »

See I got to be honest. I thought Tranmere was crap. I think everyone was suprised, but I dont think many people genuinely believed we were that good. I say that because it was the worst opening game atmosphere I have ever experienced at the county ground.

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, January 18, 2009, 22:53:43 »

fittons season ticket balls up is to blame for that.the leicester game was good.thats about it
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #23 on: Sunday, January 18, 2009, 22:53:44 »

The only good thing about this season has been Simon Cox and even he has been off the boil for some time.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, January 18, 2009, 22:54:42 »

I know..Tranmere should have got a draw....but a good result and something to cling on to.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, January 18, 2009, 23:22:03 »

See I got to be honest. I thought Tranmere was crap. I think everyone was suprised, but I dont think many people genuinely believed we were that good. I say that because it was the worst opening game atmosphere I have ever experienced at the county ground.

That was the first game with everyone in their new seats, I think most people realised after that that the town end had lost half it's noisy patrons to the DRS.

For it needs to be remedied next season, the TE has not been good this year.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, January 18, 2009, 23:28:04 »

Fair point...but then nor has the football....the Leicester fans on there forums said we were the loudest fans theyve heard away....basicly the footys been so shit no one can be bothered anymore..it gets to the point ware the players need to stir the fans and against Leicester it was a stirring performance.
Spencer_White

« Reply #27 on: Sunday, January 18, 2009, 23:35:11 »

axs, I think its a bad excuse and people are making too much of it.

In the late 90's the south stand used to be loud. It projects sound a lot better than the Town End and we really used to see off quite a lot of good away supports even though the team were crap.

I think the Town End actually lost most of its noisy patrons about 3 years ago. Whenever I went in there I stood in around the same place, like a terrace, but first game against Luton 3 years ago this woman started shouting that she had bought 3 seats for her kids there. She was right, and we moved. But I didnt go back for a long time after that. Im not going to get a season ticket next year so il be in there a few games (hopefully!). I know a lot of others who felt that sort of thing was the last straw for the Town End.
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 18, 2009, 23:37:25 by Spencer_White » Logged
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, January 18, 2009, 23:37:45 »

Didn't we go about 10 years without having home fans in the Town End, or parts of that period where it was a family stand?  Not sure how all of a sudden the season ticket deal is to blame, we managed to be a tad noisier then than we are now.  I just think everyone has been drained over the past 3/4 years and it's finally hit a few people, that even with sound back office chaps, we are a bit shit right now.  The clubs been dragged through the coals and it seems it's going to take a while for us to recover - reputation clearly goes a long way and ours has been a bad one, culminating in last seasons near implosion.  Probably quite a few agents and clubs got burned by us, and even with new owners, mud sticks.  Until people beign seeing something resembling half decent football, it's going to be an odd ground to be at I think.  It's a shame that we can't just get on with being fans, but we have probably got too many people who by necessity had to get to close to what was going on at the club.  I suppose that helps drain the lifeblood by making everyone skeptical and too quick to focus on the bad.
Spencer_White

« Reply #29 on: Sunday, January 18, 2009, 23:47:21 »

I agree 100%. End of last season it was pretty obvious the way things were going.

People thought we would get good signings, but they never came. Deep down most fans could see a struggle. But its been the effort from the players thats really killed it.

Nottingham Forest, Malpas' first game. 11 players running their socks off, resulted in a great atmosphere. Never got near it since.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: