Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lets all laugh at oxford.  (Read 58282 times)
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #15 on: Sunday, January 11, 2009, 19:50:47 »

Surely we wouldn't want them to go out of business.
Suffer yes, stay in non-league yes, but nothing worse.

I miss the little yellow twats.

Dont want them to go bust. slipping down the leagues and being drip fed but staying alive. With their stadium (if it is 3 sides) they still pay massive rent, slipping into Blue Square South would see them screwed. attendances would drop of course and they cannot get out of their stadium lease.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #16 on: Sunday, January 11, 2009, 20:44:17 »

N'ah to hell with them. Let them go bust and reform as AFC Oxford United and drop down the pyriamid.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #17 on: Sunday, January 11, 2009, 23:31:32 »

I do miss them but it would be fucking great if they were in the same division as Supermarine. Just like the old days but fuck the segregation. Survival of the fittrest.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, January 12, 2009, 00:45:29 »

They won't get much of a punishment I don't think, they'll certainly survive even if one is put in place.

I'd quite like them back to be honest, if only to make up for that cup defeat. We all know we're superior but it'd be nice to humiliate them as we always used to at the CG just to give them a quick reminder. Actually let them rot and we'll do 'em in a cup game...
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, January 12, 2009, 08:21:46 »

I got some very strange looks whilst I was reading this news and chortling to myself in the non-league (should I have emphasized that bit?) paper in Sainsbury's yesterday afternoon......mostly from the armchair ManUre and Chelski shirters filling up with their 24 pack of skippy piss in readiness for a bit of Sky'ing......

I don't want them to go out of business until we extract our revenge for that FA Cup defeat. Long may they continue to suffer and continue to spiral downwards through the leagues though.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, January 12, 2009, 12:36:40 »

I saw the headline on the front page of the Non League paper and just laughed.

It'll be funny if they get a 11 point penalty and then they get another 10 point one for going into admin. They are becoming the laughing stock of football.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, January 12, 2009, 12:58:30 »

woot!!!!!!!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, January 12, 2009, 12:59:15 »

Oxford a laughing stock? They're too insignificant. They're the laughing stock of us.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, January 12, 2009, 13:17:42 »

Aren't the conference rules different to league rules on admin, didn't them demote Boston for going into Admin ?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, January 12, 2009, 15:17:57 »

I dont think it was for being in admin necesserily, i dont think the conference liked the way boston tried to get around it

Things get better but they never get good
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, January 12, 2009, 15:40:17 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/o/oxford_utd/7818952.stm

-5, not too bad. i was prepared for -11.

the £500 fine could put us under though.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, January 12, 2009, 15:42:46 »

Any chance they might move Supermarine vs Oxford next season to the County Ground?  Just a thought.
matty

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, January 12, 2009, 16:53:54 »

Docked 5 points.  haha
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, January 12, 2009, 17:09:48 »

might just be me on this one, but I'd much rather have oxford in league one so we can play em than see em go down the leagues. What's the point of having a rival if you can;t play em and beat em?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, January 12, 2009, 17:13:42 »

might just be me on this one, but I'd much rather have oxford in league one so we can play em than see em go down the leagues. What's the point of having a rival if you can;t play em and beat em?

Totally agree.....in a shit season like this the home and away fixture ref Oxford becomes the big match of the year.......all we have is Rovers.......not the same..

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: