Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 57   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Is The Recession Affecting You?  (Read 80611 times)
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #570 on: Sunday, July 26, 2009, 14:32:55 »

Just fuck off and go
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #571 on: Sunday, July 26, 2009, 14:51:02 »

Ok i lied....

I have just checked for abuse..

Clems Army!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #572 on: Sunday, July 26, 2009, 18:09:30 »

However, don't leave your job without having something to go to - there are vast quanities of unemployed part qualifieds out there as there is a general move for companies to do away with that level of resource - short sighted I know, but that seems to be the case.

I've done Internal Audit before for our firm, though on an ad-hoc basis in quiter periods. It's boring and shit. My firm is contracted in so at least the audits aren't on departments with mates in.

I wouldn't quit without something lined up. Latest is that it's actually a 4 month secondment and I might be mad and commute it so I get the mileage money until I find something else this side of the border.

I want money to change my car insurance policy though as I don't have enough business miles on it do allow this. If my employer refuses to give me extra money to update the policy then they will be breaching the law by allowing me to go to work without valid insurance so I'm hoping they play ball in this respect.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #573 on: Sunday, July 26, 2009, 19:24:04 »

I want money to change my car insurance policy though as I don't have enough business miles on it do allow this. If my employer refuses to give me extra money to update the policy then they will be breaching the law by allowing me to go to work without valid insurance so I'm hoping they play ball in this respect.

Clearly, I don't have detailed knowledge of your company's employment T&C's but in most cases a mileage allowance is meant to include elements of fuel, depreciation insurance and maintenance, so I don't see how a 'breach of the law' would occur

Putting that number of miles on your car won't half cost you in the long run as well.

Just an observation like..

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #574 on: Sunday, July 26, 2009, 19:35:29 »

No but if I'm not insured to drive to clients then I will not be covered by their own insurance. Well, that's what they told us the other month, some sort of health and safety requirement.

I don't have the money now to update my policy, mainly because I've had to take so muchtime off unpaid for studies. I have costed this out at a couple of hundred quid. If they don't pay for this I'm pretty buggered.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #575 on: Sunday, July 26, 2009, 21:40:42 »

Si

I have a load of shizzle on it mate

are you going Tuesday night ?
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #576 on: Monday, July 27, 2009, 10:58:01 »

Si

According to HMRC advice booklet (link attached) AMAP's are to include all expenses incurred, including insurance, wear and tear and even depreciation.

Chapter 16 mate

www.hmrc.gov.uk/guidance/480.pdf

Thought it would be easier to put up here rather than you trekking over to my gaff tonight
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #577 on: Monday, July 27, 2009, 11:25:31 »

Cheers Fred. I'm not disputing that fact. I just don't have the money to sit around and wait for my expenses to come through to update the insurance:

Expenses are paid on the 20th of the month if you submit them by the 2nd of the month. So for example September expenses will be paid on the 20th of October as I can only submit these by the 2nd October.

This means I won't be able to commute as I'd go over my policy's business mileage by then. I suppose they'll just make me live in a hotel until the mileage payments allow me to update my policy. Goodbye any chance of a social life. Sigh.

There's a chance I will have to go to Bridgend as well so I could be fashionable and top myself there Smiley
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #578 on: Monday, July 27, 2009, 11:26:58 »

could you not ask for a float, seems reasonable to me mate
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #579 on: Monday, July 27, 2009, 11:36:21 »

I'm just going to live in a hotel, they never seem to get the advances right and I can't afford to risk them deducting out of my salary 3 months running when I've already paid it back. As you may be able to tell, my employer is a bit of a shit when it comes to any organisation! I shouldn't moan too much, at least I have a job even if it is in fucking Wales.

How's the job hunt going for you Frederick/others?
Sussex

« Reply #580 on: Monday, July 27, 2009, 14:37:21 »

Shit. But thanks for asking.  Smiley
nochee

« Reply #581 on: Monday, July 27, 2009, 14:48:16 »

Still waiting to hear back from a place in Italy, i hate the waiting  Angry
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #582 on: Monday, July 27, 2009, 15:00:11 »

Rather than drag up my nerves thread (as it served it's purpose), I'll ask here: When should I follow up on a job application? And what should I say? I have a general idea, but I read somewhere to wait a week - 10 days to follow up an application by phone, but the interview is on the 30th of this month so I'm not sure there would be much point waiting til after then! It's an admin assistant position at an adult education centre, which would involve some degree of helping run the courses as well as doing admin-y types of things. Closing date was friday just gone. I've never followed up a job application before but a few people have suggested it might benefit me!

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #583 on: Monday, July 27, 2009, 15:04:14 »

If the closing date was only Friday then I'd give them a day or two yet.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #584 on: Monday, July 27, 2009, 15:20:54 »

Ok cool. It'll have to be tomorrow I think as I'm working wednesday day, and thursday would be too late I reckon.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 57   Go Up
Print
Jump to: