Pages: 1 ... 300 301 302 [303] 304 305 306 ... 340   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 'Who's snuffed it now?'  (Read 1369605 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #4530 on: Friday, March 3, 2023, 17:07:41 »

What happened all those years ago did they actually fall out?
When they were at the absolute pinnacle of their popularity (we're talking, everything they released going straight to number 1), Weller decided he had had enough, wanted to do his own thing and left the band...it was all pretty sudden, I think it was announced in October 82 and they played their last gig in December that year...If Buckler or even Foxton had left, they probably would have carried on but as it was, Weller was the driving, creative force so that was the end of the band. As you can imagine, Foxton and Buckler were not terribly happy...
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #4531 on: Friday, March 3, 2023, 17:08:57 »

Are you saying that he needs to start apologising for the things he's never done?
I think he's saying exactly that, because time is short and life is cruel...
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #4532 on: Friday, March 3, 2023, 17:15:22 »

He has foxton join him on stage a couple of times and is still good friends with Mick talbot who joins him and also still records with him on occassions.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #4533 on: Friday, March 3, 2023, 17:20:28 »

He has foxton join him on stage a couple of times and is still good friends with Mick talbot who joins him and also still records with him on occassions.
Do you know why Steve White doesn't play in the band any more?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #4534 on: Friday, March 3, 2023, 17:40:26 »

When they were at the absolute pinnacle of their popularity (we're talking, everything they released going straight to number 1), Weller decided he had had enough, wanted to do his own thing and left the band...it was all pretty sudden, I think it was announced in October 82 and they played their last gig in December that year...If Buckler or even Foxton had left, they probably would have carried on but as it was, Weller was the driving, creative force so that was the end of the band. As you can imagine, Foxton and Buckler were not terribly happy...

Cheers Shaun I never knew what happened but remember buying my Thsts Entertainment Album from Kempsters when it came out!

So, give no fucks
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #4535 on: Friday, March 3, 2023, 17:57:59 »

What happened all those years ago did they actually fall out?

Think Rick was just very bitter about it all ending as far as I can tell.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #4536 on: Friday, March 3, 2023, 17:58:40 »

Are you saying that he needs to start apologising for the things he's never done?

Time is short and life is cruel, so why not.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #4537 on: Friday, March 3, 2023, 18:02:17 »

I used to work for Paul Weller 30 years ago, he's far from miserable. Bloke's hilarious.

He is constantly being creative and writing and releasing music and pushing himself. He's not short of a few bob so why bother doing something from 40 plus years ago? If he was just sitting around not producing new music then id get it. But he doesnt fucking stop writing and releasing stuff.

I stayed at his house a few times and i remember a few of us all pissed up talking to him about getting the jam back together one night and he swore he'd never do it. I remember walking to the shop in the morning and buying a daily mirror and reading how the jam were getting back together. fucking idiots.

I completely understand why he might not want to do it. I just mean his attutudes towards other bands getting back together is a bit pompous for me.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/noel-gallagher-164-1218462
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #4538 on: Friday, March 3, 2023, 18:06:58 »

I think he's saying exactly that, because time is short and life is cruel...

Damn it
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #4539 on: Friday, March 3, 2023, 18:08:50 »

Do you know why Steve White doesn't play in the band any more?

Brother is the best of the Oasis drummers, in my opinion as well.

Alan White
Chris Sharrock
Zak Starkey
Tony McCarroll

In that order.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #4540 on: Friday, March 3, 2023, 18:09:10 »

Damn it
You snooze, you loose Smiley
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #4541 on: Friday, March 3, 2023, 23:09:16 »

Think Rick was just very bitter about it all ending as far as I can tell.

I can understand why. I don't think any spoke to each other for a long time, Bruce Foxton was with Stiff Little Fingers for Ages.

Rick Buckler was in the band "The Gift" playing Jam songs, Bruce Foxton joined them, and then they renamed as "From The Jam".

I think it was around that time that Paul Weller contacted him as Bruce's wife was ill, Paul's Dad was also ill at the time. They both sadly passed away and it brought them closer together.

Not too long after Rick Buckler left "From The Jam", by e-mail. My guess is he didn't like it that Paul and Bruce were friends again, only my view though.

So, whilst i'd pay stupid money to see them together just once, it's never going to happen.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #4542 on: Saturday, March 4, 2023, 01:33:06 »

Story longer than time in the music industry and in bands it happens a lot. One of many reasons why so many talented folk don't even make it because when you have two strong creative influences coupled with most likely some big egos or egos that like to be massaged, then there is only ever going to be one that 'wins' so to speak; ultimately one leaves the band.

It's why we see splits or folk stop working together. Sometimes it's not even a maturity thing.

See Roger Waters and Dave Gilmour for a fine example of two great musicians who could never end up working together any more - well except for Live8.

At least it was one modern tragedy that Shakespeare didn't get to write.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #4543 on: Saturday, March 4, 2023, 08:42:00 »

Sorry to derail the thread….

Tom Sizemore

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #4544 on: Saturday, March 4, 2023, 10:11:27 »

Sorry to derail the thread….

Tom Sizemore
Nice to get back on track in the thread, not a name I know and when I googled him still none the wiser and never seen a film with him in.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 302 [303] 304 305 306 ... 340   Go Up
Print
Jump to: