Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Please appoint Danny Wilson  (Read 13776 times)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 12:22:46 »

Or the story from SwindonWeb could be complete bullshit. Which I think it mostly likely is.

Yup or that. The Adver is surprisingly quiet today actually. 

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 12:23:52 »

wilson is an ok manager i suppose, but doesn't really excite.
Dozno9

« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 17:10:21 »

Aljofree was signed by the previous regime...Timlin probably didn't have too many options...Macca and Cox clearly have been paid the going rate, as headline signings, but the budget doesn't stretch to similar quality in the rest of the squad.

Kingy for all his qualities as a scout, never managed to get us a real steal, by which I mean the likes of Martin, Dykes, Opara...who came from non league.

As things stand we need a goalkeeper, centre half and midfield general type.

For all his quality we can live without Coxy, esp if Bazza can get up to speed.

Without Cox we would go down, no question. Corr is a waste of space who needs shifting asap. The squad is shite with a few shining lights. How many of our team, let alone squad would get in other league one teams, very few. We need more than a few signings we need wholesale changes.

Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 17:20:20 »

Corr should have gone in the summer. He's been useless.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 17:31:49 »

Corr should have gone in the summer. He's been useless.
Who would have taken him off us though?!
JPC82

« Reply #65 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 17:36:27 »

we turned down bids for Corr last january, how things change in football over a year!
Dozno9

« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 17:37:52 »

BUPA, for him to undergo sports injury research.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 17:37:59 »

I don't know and i don't care. Should have just terminated his contract in all honestly.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 17:41:30 »

I quite like Barry Corr. I know he has his injury problems but I'd certainly say he was worth the risk (Obviously I don't know what his wage is like but I'd say we have a strong bargaining position). I thought he was our best player against Bristol Rovers.
JPC82

« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 17:42:18 »

he worth the risk cos he was the best player in 1 game that we didnt even win? and hes on a decent wedge
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 17:43:58 »

he worth the risk cos he was the best player in 1 game that we didnt even win? and hes on a decent wedge
If you stretch back far enough, there was a time when Barry Corr was seen by many as our greatest hope as we got promoted out of League 2. He's not become a bad player, he;s just never available. Whether he's worth the risk is debatable
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 17:49:49 »

No, that was an example that he still has some of what he certainly had when he first came here.

While his wages are probably pretty high now I'd wager if he wants a new contract he'll have to come down a bit as his injury record will scare off a number of clubs in the current climate. I'd rather have a Corr than a Sturrock for example, although I'm sure wage wise they don't compare.

Whether the risk is worth it depends on what the outlook is for him injury wise and how well he plays for the rest of the season, but he certainly isn't the first player we need to get out of the door.
Dozno9

« Reply #72 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 17:54:24 »

Why is it a choice between the two, bye bye to both.
JPC82

« Reply #73 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 17:55:23 »

No, that was an example that he still has some of what he certainly had when he first came here.

While his wages are probably pretty high now I'd wager if he wants a new contract he'll have to come down a bit as his injury record will scare off a number of clubs in the current climate. I'd rather have a Corr than a Sturrock for example, although I'm sure wage wise they don't compare.

Whether the risk is worth it depends on what the outlook is for him injury wise and how well he plays for the rest of the season, but he certainly isn't the first player we need to get out of the door.

but once he plays a game hes injured for the next 4 games!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 17:57:14 »

but once he plays a game hes injured for the next 4 games!

And Jamie Vincent who hasn't played all season seems to have been deified by some on here. Corr's record is poor yes, but if he can get fit for a while he is a damn good player. Hopefully once he gets a run he can put the injuries behind him.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: