Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Please appoint Danny Wilson  (Read 13786 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 10:49:36 »

IMO I think that the manager situation here is only 10% of the problem the other 90% is the shit that turns up every week to play.

So the shit has to be replaced, unfortunately this is not easy when the club wont pay the going rate...think back to the summer and the lad Jones from ManUre....he had a choice of here or Hpool under Wilson...did he choose them because of DW. Of course not, they pay more.

BTW this isn't a criticism of the Board...there's no point in us ending up not being able to paybthe players again.

In order to stay up, it might be necessary to cash in on Cox and use some of the money to strengthen in a couple of other areas.
Dozno9

« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 10:58:13 »

Using your views though we sell Cox and the money will go to waste as we aren't paying the going rate. We would then just be in perpetual downturn. I think we do pay the going rate, maybe not compared to Man Utd reserves but certainly when you look at Cox, Macnamee, Timlin, Aljofree who all were now doubt on good money and we have signed those players. We miss the ability to spot a good player and that has been missing since Kingy left.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 11:01:28 »

He looked at home as a visitor...

[url width=395 height=449]http://d.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/empics/4361973[/url]

Wink

P.S.

Who takes their seat THAT early?
Dozno9

« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 11:03:11 »

Don't like the brown belt though.
lambourn red

« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 11:03:26 »

Lets face it Harold Fucking Wilson would be better than Dave Byrne and Adi Williams we just need a manager quickly if it is an ex Brizzle Shitty manager then so be it, other than Oxford  I dont care where any manager has been before. Although I do partly agree with the fact that during some of our most successfull years we have appointed untried big names so a Sheringham or Shearer would be superb but the difference now is these guys have made so much money that managing a div 3 side looking like getting relegated is not really an attractive proposition.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 11:04:01 »

Everybody's talkin' about Wilson, Ward, and Money
All we are sayin', give Ollie a chance
All we are sayin', give Ollie a chance....
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 11:10:00 »

Using your views though we sell Cox and the money will go to waste as we aren't paying the going rate. We would then just be in perpetual downturn. I think we do pay the going rate, maybe not compared to Man Utd reserves but certainly when you look at Cox, Macnamee, Timlin, Aljofree who all were now doubt on good money and we have signed those players. We miss the ability to spot a good player and that has been missing since Kingy left.

Aljofree was signed by the previous regime...Timlin probably didn't have too many options...Macca and Cox clearly have been paid the going rate, as headline signings, but the budget doesn't stretch to similar quality in the rest of the squad.

Kingy for all his qualities as a scout, never managed to get us a real steal, by which I mean the likes of Martin, Dykes, Opara...who came from non league.

As things stand we need a goalkeeper, centre half and midfield general type.

For all his quality we can live without Coxy, esp if Bazza can get up to speed.

Rich Pullen

« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 11:32:11 »

Look at swindonweb and their exclusives, bless.

History repeating?

Is Ken Bates about to nick Wilson from under Town's nose?

SwindonWeb understands that the Town board have offered former Hartlepool boss Danny Wilson the Swindon job - but Leeds United, who sacked Gary McAllister on Saturday, have also targeted him to potentially take over at Elland Road.

It is believed Wilson has slept on the Swindon offer and will be making a decision today based on a formal approach from the Yorkshire side.

If Wilson is snatched from Town's grasp by Bates, it will be the second time Swindon have lost out to Leeds in recent years, after management duo Dennis Wise and Gus Poyet were persuaded by Bates to join Leeds in October 2006.

It is understood, the financial package on offer at Leeds is more than double that at Swindon.

Leeds United announced profits of £4.5 million pounds for the past season on 27 November 2008.

http://www.swindonweb.com/?m=133&s=638&ss=639&c=4559&t=History+repeating%3F
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 11:35:06 »

HELP!  We need somebody
HELP! Not just anybody
HELP! You know we need somebody NOW!!!!

When we were better, so much better than today,
we attracted Hoddle, and Ossie down our way,
but now those days are gone, our supporters are getting bored
It feels like ages since someone else than Coxy scored

Help me if you can, We're going down
And we need to get more supporters in the ground,
Won't you listen to matches on Wiltshire Sound
Won't you please, please help STFC?

We need a manager, and not anyone will do,
Someone to get rid of Dave Byrne and his crew,
That Granville fella seems so wrong that he gets his pay
Won't Fitton just decide to employ Ian Holloway,

Help me if you can, We're going down
And we need to get more supporters in the ground,
Won't you listen to matches on Wiltshire Sound
Won't you please, please help STFC?

(okay the Coxy bit was a bit of poetic license)
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 12:02:49 »

Very good Jan, Quiet day then?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 12:06:03 »

Leeds appoint Simon Grayson.

http://www.leedsunited.com/page/LatestNewsDetail/0,,10273~1497634,00.html
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 12:12:50 »

So if Wilson has been offered the job then he's more than likely to take it you would have thought?
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 12:15:32 »

Very good Jan, Quiet day then?

It only took a couple of minutes BR, but yeah, it's pretty quiet on the work front!
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 12:19:14 »

So if Wilson has been offered the job then he's more than likely to take it you would have thought?

Or the story from SwindonWeb could be complete bullshit. Which I think it mostly likely is.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 12:21:38 »

Or the story from SwindonWeb could be complete bullshit. Which I think it mostly likely is.

I would think so.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: