Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Managers rumour thread  (Read 40898 times)
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #180 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 18:20:53 »

are thousands going to return to watching the Town now, or do we have a new excuse yet?
Did thousands not turn up with Malpas then??
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 18:25:09 »

I thought they were all not paying for their 2nd instalments as they were so dejected?
Spud

« Reply #182 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 18:25:56 »

All I'd like to see in the very immediate future is that we actually back whoever is appointed. And yes Byrne and Williams while they're in caretaker charge. I think one of the things that has dismayed me most today has been the number of "Oh, no, not that tosser" type comments re Byrne being in charge for tomorrow's game. Because if we go into that game with the same kind of negativity directed at Byrne that we've had directed at Malpas for so many months we WILL lose it. Whereas if we unite behind the team AND the caretaker managers we, erm, will probably still lose it, but we'll at least have a fighting chance. And personally I'd quite like to enjoy watching my football again - you know, where we have a great atmosphere and lift the players instead of spending the whole game listening to people complaining

I'm pretty sure we got behind the team before and during the Oldham game.

I haven't paid for my 2nd installment simply because at the time i could not afford to.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #183 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 18:30:52 »

I thought they were all not paying for their 2nd instalments as they were so dejected?
nah you dreamed all of that
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 18:32:48 »

I'm pretty sure we got behind the team before and during the Oldham game.
Yes we did, but it was one of the few home games we have done (collectively) this season. And we played well and won. So let's try doing it again starting tomorrow.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #185 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 18:39:08 »

I wonder if Holloway will be in the Town End again Wink Leicester fans would make him feel welcome I'm sure.

Was the reason behind Holloway's appearance scouting? If he was there to make his intentions known it was most sneaky and I don't think Fitton was impressed.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 18:59:43 »

One form leftfield - Alex Inglethorpe. Proven, albeit at a lower level, with Exeter a few years back. Really impressed with the way he conducted himself. Spurs spotted his potential and took him there with a view to filtering him through the ranks. With various shake-ups there now,not sure thats still the case.

He's young, he's a brilliant prospect and proven enough to be given a fair go, without being that proven that we're waiting for someone to come and snaffle him.

If not him, then Steve Cotterill.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #187 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 19:18:54 »

The likes of Alex Inglethorpe and Richard Money are on Premiership gravy trains and don't need to move on.

When we asked this question a month or so ago I argued in the case of Paul Tisdale, the man who did everything Inglethorpe was supposed to do.

Inglethorpe had the luck of drawing Manchester United away in the FA Cup - and to be even more fortunate to get a draw thus securing Exeter's future.

Tisdale has since signed a new deal.
flammableBen

« Reply #188 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 19:22:36 »

I reckon we should go for Maurice Malpas. Has experience at this level, and although not overly successful seems to be a bloke with his feet on the ground. Bit of experience in Scotland too.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #189 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 19:23:22 »

I reckon we should go for Maurice Malpas. Has experience at this level, and although not overly successful seems to be a bloke with his feet on the ground. Bit of experience in Scotland too.

Who?
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 19:23:30 »

He'd need to bring someone experienced in as number two though, Barry Hunter maybe?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #191 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 20:02:06 »

I think it'll be Ian Holloway - which will benefit Lillian Nalis I'm sure. Could be worse, I'm not a mega fan but you cannot question his passion. I saw his Plymouth team play many times and they never played the sexiest football but they grinded out good results. He also brought in some decent players like Ebanks-Blake, Halmosi and Buzsaky (along with some not-so-good)

I guess Tim Breacker and his best mate Gary Penrice would come in aswell leaving Byrne and Williams redundant.

First game in charge? Bristol Rovers at the Memorial Stadium. Interesting.
« Last Edit: Friday, November 14, 2008, 20:05:16 by Rich Pullen » Logged
bootsie

« Reply #192 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 20:07:13 »

Digby wants Olly as new boss
http://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/sport/swindontown/news/3847931.Digby_tips_Holloway_for_Town_hot_seat/

reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 20:11:53 »

Sevral of these articles have already been posted in the other thread
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 20:21:26 »

I would be very happy with Holloway. It would give the club and the fans a massive lift and get things kick started on the pitch.

I haven't trawled though the pages and pages of stuff that has been written but do people think Boothroyd is out of the question? What were the circumstances of him leaving Watford? How did the fans react to him going?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: