Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Managers rumour thread  (Read 40845 times)

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 13:53:25 »

Does he though? His investment and Swindon's financial stability isn't dependent on promotion. In fact would it be that much more difficult to run the club at a minimum loss from League Two?

fitton has stated he wants us in the championship.maybe stabilty isn't a problem but a club should be ambitious.fitton is from what i've read and heard
glos_robin

« Reply #106 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 13:55:00 »

If we were at the top end of League Two and winning every week we'd probably bring in more money from ticket sales.

Plus, with being top of that league we'd be more likely to get our mugs on TV as well.

The novelty would soon wear off and attendances drop after a season in there though. Trips to Morcambe, Acc Stanley, Macclesfield etc on a regular basis are hardly appealing.  The amount of away fans at the CG would be appalling as well so think we'd make more money in this league especially with the odd big team such as Leeds and Leicester bumping up attendances.
flammableBen

« Reply #107 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 14:03:06 »

fitton has stated he wants us in the championship.maybe stabilty isn't a problem but a club should be ambitious.fitton is from what i've read and heard

I agree with the ambition but I don't think there has to be a race to get there. Malpas didn't work out, but I don't think that suddenly means it's time to desperately buy our way up the leagues.

Stable success might mean taking more punts on Malpas style cheap managers until one works, or at least until things are in order off the pitch.

There's a lot to sort out at the club on and off the pitch, things haven't worked out for with Malpas but that doesn't mean the last 10 months have been a waste of time. Even if you do put a time limit on the promotion plan (3 years), then getting the team right is something you do at the end of that plan. It would have been nice if it had have worked out of course, but it's not the end of the world.

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 14:08:21 »

I agree with the ambition but I don't think there has to be a race to get there. Malpas didn't work out, but I don't think that suddenly means it's time to desperately buy our way up the leagues.

Stable success might mean taking more punts on Malpas style cheap managers until one works, or at least until things are in order off the pitch.

There's a lot to sort out at the club on and off the pitch, things haven't worked out for with Malpas but that doesn't mean the last 10 months have been a waste of time. Even if you do put a time limit on the promotion plan (3 years), then getting the team right is something you do at the end of that plan. It would have been nice if it had have worked out of course, but it's not the end of the world.

i'd be happy with steady progression year by year.i didn't mean throw huge sums of money at it either.but whatever he chooses he has lost money as malpas will be paid something,and the new man will be earning.
not its not the end of the world but we are at square 1 again.
flammableBen

« Reply #109 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 14:10:29 »

We're not at square 1 though, well presuming that Fitton really has been sorting out the behind the scenes mess. The backroom stuff may be hidden, but it makes success on the pitch more likely.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 14:11:12 »

I've heard it could be Big Ron.

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 14:18:09 »

We're not at square 1 though, well presuming that Fitton really has been sorting out the behind the scenes mess. The backroom stuff may be hidden, but it makes success on the pitch more likely.

whats on offer on the pitch aint progressed thats what i meant by square 1.look at malpas's signings,poor.
league postion,poor.cup progress,poor.
key players form,poor.
we now need to find a new boss as malpas has failed in his job.

the foundations within the club are stronger than they have been for years.the team is as poor as it's been since iffy's reign.
luckily the squad is stronger now.the right boss can help acheive the potential the club now has
« Last Edit: Friday, November 14, 2008, 14:24:30 by arriba » Logged
glos_robin

« Reply #112 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 14:18:12 »

I've heard it could be Big Ron.
haha
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 14:18:26 »

Spot on fb. What the hell's happened to you today, the sensible non-manatee-related posts are just flowing out of you?
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 14:28:32 »

Its Graham Taylor, he was seen in the CGH ten mins ago....
glos_robin

« Reply #115 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 14:32:03 »

It's going to be a long few days.....
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 14:36:42 »

I've just seen Alan Curbishley at the train station...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 14:37:12 »

It's going to be a long few days.....
Cheesy

he was necking a pint of cider, mumbling somthing about calming nerves before an interview, so unless Burdens are recruiting again....
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 14:37:40 »

He's going to not like the colour of the managers office walls.
Maurice Malpas

« Reply #119 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 14:39:05 »

Aye this good fellas, keep up the good work.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: