Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Managers rumour thread  (Read 40864 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 13:25:12 »

Don't need to pay him if it was mutual consent.

I'd imagine we do or he'd never have agreed to walk.
fatbury

« Reply #91 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 13:26:41 »

It'll be Byrne and Williams.

Doubt we've got the spare cash to pay off Malpas and bring in a new manager.

Although Mr Fitton and his backers - rightly so - dont want to throw money at the club and want to become self sufficient - I think for emergencies money is available - this is without doubt one of those emergency times

Emergencies basically involve asking Mr Arbib for a bit of extra dosh ... but without taking the mick so to speak

I think Fitton was right to go down the self sufficient route .. and Im sure it was hard for him to admit defeat over Malpas ... he believed in Sturrocks recommendation but it proved the wrong one ...

Im confident of a new exciting period of actually having a top board with a top manager real soon!!

As a result id recommend anyone who hasnt got a 2nd part of their season ticket (I got mine a month ago!) to do so now .. Cos we are ON THE UP!

COME ON YOU REDS!! Lets start with 3 points tomorrow
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 13:28:58 »

Why would he sack Malpas and appoint them though........

£££££

If he was planning on bringing in a manager wouldnt he have got rid of Byrne and Williams to?

I dont know, prove me wrong Fitton
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 13:30:35 »

£££££

If he was planning on bringing in a manager wouldnt he have got rid of Byrne and Williams to?
Not immediately. Unless you've got someone directly lined up, you need caretakers until you appoint someone. Come on, DV, I'm not saying anything you don't already know here
glos_robin

« Reply #94 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 13:32:36 »

£££££

I dont know, prove me wrong Fitton

Lets be honest though we know they have money.....yes they want the club to be self sufficient but part of the formula to become self sufficient is to have the right manager in charge. Therefore I would imagine they have decided to take the financial hit now in order to increase the chances of self suffiency in the long term.
flammableBen

« Reply #95 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 13:33:34 »

Although Mr Fitton and his backers - rightly so - dont want to throw money at the club and want to become self sufficient - I think for emergencies money is available - this is without doubt one of those emergency times

Emergencies basically involve asking Mr Arbib for a bit of extra dosh ... but without taking the mick so to speak

I think Fitton was right to go down the self sufficient route .. and Im sure it was hard for him to admit defeat over Malpas ... he believed in Sturrocks recommendation but it proved the wrong one ...

Im confident of a new exciting period of actually having a top board with a top manager real soon!!

As a result id recommend anyone who hasnt got a 2nd part of their season ticket (I got mine a month ago!) to do so now .. Cos we are ON THE UP!

COME ON YOU REDS!! Lets start with 3 points tomorrow

This is where I worry about expectations and stuff. I'm not convinced it's possible for swindon to have a sustained stint in the league above whilst staying self sustained, not without some real major changes anyway. I'd argue that kicking about in the division we're in with the occasional promotion/relegation is naturally our level. I'm quite happy with that as well.

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 13:35:30 »

fitton invested in stfc and got his manager appointment wrong.to protect his investment he will have to throw some more of his money at the club to get the ball rolling again.i'm sure he accepts this.managers come and go.someone who knows what they are doing will have prepared for it.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #97 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 13:41:42 »

they will re-employ malpas in a shock turn of events

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 13:42:06 »

I would love Ady Boothroyd and he would still be close enough to London for his family - but wasn't he rumoured to have rejected Huddersfield as he didn't want back into the game quickly.

I think above all else we need someone high profile who has a reputation in the game so he can go to these premier clubs and get loan players, and get's tipped off about players available.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 13:44:07 »

From what the Huddersfield fans say Aidy Boothroyd is off to Austrailia to study different coaching methods, how much truth their is in that I dont know
flammableBen

« Reply #100 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 13:44:27 »

fitton invested in stfc and got his manager appointment wrong.to protect his investment he will have to throw some more of his money at the club to get the ball rolling again.i'm sure he accepts this.managers come and go.someone who knows what they are doing will have prepared for it.

Does he though? His investment and Swindon's financial stability isn't dependent on promotion. In fact would it be that much more difficult to run the club at a minimum loss from League Two?
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 13:48:35 »

I'd imagine we do or he'd never have agreed to walk.

He'll probably get a year's payoff, I'm sure AF will have come to an arrangement.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 13:49:59 »

From what the Huddersfield fans say Aidy Boothroyd is off to Austrailia to study different coaching methods, how much truth their is in that I dont know

I read that somewhere, but I suppose if Fitton speaks to him and gives him a chance to come to a club, it's on the up with new owners, a bit of money to spend, the club has ambition...he may be swayed and of course we're not that far from London so he dosen't have to move done here....

Listening to Fitton's interview I think he knows who he wants, not all he has to do is to convince that person.

I'd rather someone got the job because they was impressed with what's on offer than because they just need a job.

There's always Curbishley though as well...,..
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 13:50:30 »

in Australia? The towering giant of world football Australia? seems a bit bizarre to me, unless he's off to learn about Aussie Rules.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 13:50:38 »

Does he though? His investment and Swindon's financial stability isn't dependent on promotion. In fact would it be that much more difficult to run the club at a minimum loss from League Two?

If we were at the top end of League Two and winning every week we'd probably bring in more money from ticket sales.

Plus, with being top of that league we'd be more likely to get our mugs on TV as well.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: