Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Jonathan Ross  (Read 22566 times)
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 17:03:58 »

No it isn't. Internally the BBC Trust will be investigating. Externally OFCOM are rightly investigating. That's the end of it in my book.

Oh come off it Batch, Ofcom are only investigating because of the furore generated by newspapers, as for the BBC Trust, this is another Quango that shouldn't need to be there if the BBC was subjected to market forces. (as you say 'internally' yes we all know how that works)

As for Lumps, I think he's got a little bit too excited.  Wink

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Barry Scott

« Reply #91 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 17:15:58 »

The papers are just as out of order on a daily basis, likewise without any foundation. What they said, disgusting or not, matters not one iota in my mind. The whole saga looks like little more than a tabloid fuelled joke against our holier then thou society. Fuck it, it doesn't matter and i couldn't care less what Brand and Ross did, the reaction is thousand times more stupid.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #92 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 17:20:58 »

Fuck it, it doesn't matter and i couldn't care less what Brand and Ross did, the reaction is thousand times more stupid.

Agreed.

Now I look forward to years of the Sachs family on reality TV shows and magazine articles.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #93 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 17:27:44 »

I think this interviews proves that Sach's really doesn't give a shite and that this is about the press going mental.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7696714.stm

Looks like a bunch of journalists hounding a 78 year old man to me.
Barry Scott

« Reply #94 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 17:38:30 »

I think this interviews proves that Sach's really doesn't give a shite and that this is about the press going mental.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7696714.stm

Looks like a bunch of journalists hounding a 78 year old man to me.

Nail. Head. Hit. He doesn't look particularly annoyed and he says he's not collecting apologies. I suspect the constant interview requests and the hounding he now receives is more stressful than the actual messages he received.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 17:48:40 »

Brands resigned from his show.

Hope he does another one with another station, I love that show  Angry

/
W56196272
Rich Pullen

« Reply #96 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 17:51:35 »

Brands resigned from his show.

Hope he does another one with another station, I love that show  Angry

He'll probably go full-time in the U.S. now.

I doubt this will effect Brand a great deal.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 17:56:54 »

No it wont effect his career at all.

Hes already upset the religous right in America now hes done  Daily Mail readers it will just reinforce his career if anything.

/
W56196272
Rich Pullen

« Reply #98 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 17:58:54 »

Tomorrow's headlines?

"Mission Accomplished"

Or maybe they won't rest until Ross is gone too.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #99 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 18:11:03 »

Fair play to sachs very dignified,maybe his grandaughter should keep her legs shut. See on her website she states she is a swinger also did weird toples shoots and is in a group called satanic sluts,i would think offended sachs more than brand/ross did
Lumps

« Reply #100 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 18:30:48 »

Oh come off it Batch, Ofcom are only investigating because of the furore generated by newspapers, as for the BBC Trust, this is another Quango that shouldn't need to be there if the BBC was subjected to market forces. (as you say 'internally' yes we all know how that works)

As for Lumps, I think he's got a little bit too excited.  Wink

What because I'm offended that what I listen to is being morally policed by the like of Kelvin Mckenzie?

As far subjecting the Beeb to market forces what a fucking great idea, because ITV is just fucking great isn't it? Bingo Night Live, yeah that's what I want more of. Hasn't the last couple of months taught you that market forces aren't some sort of magic solution to all ills?
sonic youth

« Reply #101 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 18:34:47 »

the mail will be delighted.

yeovil - jupitus got forced out of his 6music show  and is now recording his own podcast which they're releasing independently on itunes...it's great, primarily because there is no brain to mouth filter.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 19:10:35 »

the mail will be delighted.

yeovil - jupitus got forced out of his 6music show  and is now recording his own podcast which they're releasing independently on itunes...it's great, primarily because there is no brain to mouth filter.

Same thing with 6 Music spawned the Collins and Herring Podcast, which I  love.

/
W56196272
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 19:52:38 »

They went right over the top...surely you can think of better jokes than that when your earning 18 million of our dosh...prize pricks the pair of them.but of course unlike me and you they are sitting pretty with money so getting the sack wont hurt them.
Lumps

« Reply #104 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 22:00:56 »

They went right over the top...surely you can think of better jokes than that when your earning 18 million of our dosh...prize pricks the pair of them.but of course unlike me and you they are sitting pretty with money so getting the sack wont hurt them.

Do you even listen to the show?

At the time I couldn't help but laugh at them. We've all phoned a number expecting to talk to a person, got an answerphone and blurted out something stupid. They kept phoning back with the intention of apologising and smoothing things over, but would repeatedly sabotage each other and collapse in giggles. It was funny.

What's right over the top is the leaders of the two main political parties in this country wasting theit time with this nonsense, it being the lead story on the fucking news, and 10,000 old grannies phoning up to complain about being offended by something they didn't even listen to.

Andrew Sachs seems quite relaxed about the whole thing, why the fuck so many of you have got a wasp up your arse about it I don't know.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: