Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Jonathan Ross  (Read 22330 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, October 28, 2008, 11:56:39 »

His cheeky chappy routine used to be quite amusing, especially when he was embarrassing puritanical American guests on his chat show.  But now he's heading towards middle age, am I alone in thinking he's

(a) not that funny any more; and
(b) a dirty old man?

£18 million over 3 years?!  Not worth it, in my view.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2008, 12:01:00 »

Jonathan Ross is vastly overrated on television. The Yanks are good value on his show because they're simply not used to swearing or anything remotely considered controversial mentioned in interviews.
STFC Village

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2008, 12:07:05 »

I only watch he Friday night with JR because of the calibre of guests he gets on there. He's an awful interviewer, constantly making some dirty joke or relating everything back to himself. Tit.

Bring back The Frank Skinner Show!
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2008, 12:08:36 »

I'm a great admirer of Ricky Gervais, but him and Wossy together makes me want to vomit.

Good shout on Skinner, did anyone else see him on HIGNFY?

It's All Good..............
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2008, 12:08:49 »

Johnathon Ross is brilliant worth every penny of what he gets paid.

I guess this was sparked by the Russell Brand incident?

/
W56196272
Rich Pullen

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2008, 12:09:41 »

I only watch he Friday night with JR because of the calibre of guests he gets on there. He's an awful interviewer, constantly making some dirty joke or relating everything back to himself. Tit.

Yep, alot of guests tend to sit there and nod/look confused.

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2008, 12:10:28 »

I've never found him funny and some of his gags have been really offensive to disabled people. He hasn't had the good grace to apologise when he's gone over the top. Basically, if he was off the air the world would not be a worse place.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2008, 12:11:09 »

Johnathon Ross is brilliant worth every penny of what he gets paid.
I guess this was sparked by the Russell Brand incident?

I cannot believe the amount of fuss this has generated.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2008, 12:12:00 »

Have I missed something?

It's All Good..............
Rich Pullen

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2008, 12:12:22 »

Have I missed something?

Not really.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2008, 12:13:12 »

I like jonathan ross, especially his radio show (that I don't listen to often enough).  His tv show's okay but don't often see that either because of the time it's on.

Brand is very good.

However I didn't enjoy listening to the Andrew Sachs voicemail messages they left, didn't find them funny at all.  An apology should suffice here though, no sackings, just move on.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2008, 12:13:19 »

I've never found him funny and some of his gags have been really offensive to disabled people. He hasn't had the good grace to apologise when he's gone over the top. Basically, if he was off the air the world would not be a worse place.

My world would be a much worse place without Ross and Brand whos radios shows are both essential listening.

/
W56196272
STFC Village

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2008, 12:15:12 »

I do enjoy Russell Brand, reading his book at the moment, really funny
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2008, 12:17:46 »

I like jonathan ross, especially his radio show (that I don't listen to often enough).  His tv show's okay but don't often see that either because of the time it's on.

Brand is very good.

However I didn't enjoy listening to the Andrew Sachs voicemail messages they left, didn't find them funny at all.  An apology should suffice here though, no sackings, just move on.

It was a little bit over the top but I was impressed with Russels song of apology.It was just two comics trying to out do each other.

5000 people have complained about it,I wonder how many listened to the show and how many read about it in the Daily Mail and became outraged.Did the Daily Mail mention that Manuels Granddaughter is in a performance thingy called "The Suicide Sluts"?

/
W56196272
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2008, 12:17:52 »

Is that his first book you're reading, read that on holiday, brilliant, proper laugh out loud in some places.

I've heard his second book will be out in time for Christmas (or maybe it is already) will be getting that too!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: