Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon - northampton matchday thread  (Read 21675 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 10:16:03 »

I enjoyed the Dutch Tv crew they were my best bits of the night

I am illegal, i shouldnt be on tv as i shouldnt be here!
You fucking nutter.

Highlight for me was having a piss in the merlin and your standing in front of the mirror giving it all this "im a sexy cunt" bollocks.

Met Dell too, top bloke
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 10:22:05 »

I enjoyed the Dutch Tv crew they were my best bits of the night

Weren't they German?
dell boy

« Reply #257 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 10:45:40 »

I am illegal, i shouldnt be on tv as i shouldnt be here!
You fucking nutter.

Highlight for me was having a piss in the merlin and your standing in front of the mirror giving it all this "im a sexy cunt" bollocks.

Met Dell too, top bloke

Not in the loo in front of the mirror I might add.

It was nice to meet you too Tans.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 11:04:22 »

Hmm, I watched a different game last night because I thought Pook was average at best.  We absolutely deserved a win, and by more, but there were still clear signs of problems at the back and lack of ability to get on the ball and control it when we were in front.  Aljofree is really beginning to annoy me now because Peacock had to take on the responsibility for rallying the troops when needed, or to dish out some organisational advice when that was needed - often to the back 4.
Nice to feel like a win was always on the cards though.
dell boy

« Reply #259 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 11:07:44 »

Hmm, I watched a different game last night because I thought Pook was average at best.  We absolutely deserved a win, and by more, but there were still clear signs of problems at the back and lack of ability to get on the ball and control it when we were in front.  Aljofree is really beginning to annoy me now because Peacock had to take on the responsibility for rallying the troops when needed, or to dish out some organisational advice when that was needed - often to the back 4.
Nice to feel like a win was always on the cards though.
Rob I  agree about Aljofree, he is not captain, cant agree about Pook, we haven't had a midfielder who has been prepared to roll up his sleeves all season, every successful team has a battler, do you remember Nobby Styles?
Loads of work to do I agree, but after five home defeats it was one hell of an improvement and on the very optimistic side, lady luck has still not come to our aide yet this season, with a bit of luck it could have been five, soon an opposing keeper will drop a bollock and those shots that keep hitting the woodwork will go in.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #260 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 11:14:38 »

Hang on... I don't recall Pook being anywhere close to being a 'battler' before last night.

Pook is in last chance saloon at Swindon, with all respect he has to roll his sleeves up because no other fucker wanted/wants him!

He's done well and I applaud him... But let's not pretend he was an essential cog in the midfield in the past.

Oh and Happy Birthday Michael Pook!
dell boy

« Reply #261 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 11:16:53 »

Hang on... I don't recall Pook being anywhere close to being a 'battler' before last night.

Pook is in last chance saloon at Swindon, with all respect he has to roll his sleeves up because no other fucker wanted/wants him!

He's done well and I applaud him... But let's not pretend he was an essential cog in the midfield in the past.
Not getting carried away with him, but last night he was not average ... he has done exceptionally well to come out and play after not being involved, not even on the bench for 12 games this season.
Maybe the kick up the arse he needed, heres hoping he continues in the same form.

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 11:21:09 »

pooks always been a battler.just the passing going astray and dwelling in possession of the ball has let him down in the past.
i deffo think he is a bit underated by some fans but am not convinced either that he is an upper div 1 quality player.at the moment we aint that so good for him to have played well last night.
he's too good for non league imo.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #263 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 11:52:08 »

Who scored then? Can't be arsed to trawl back through the thread.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 11:52:43 »

Cox & Paynter.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #265 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 11:53:18 »

Giles Coke for Northampton right at the end.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #266 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 11:55:45 »

Oh. Good lads.

Except for that Giles numpty.

Cheers.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 12:03:36 »

I thought that it came off Jack Smith's left boot? Well it seemed to from were I was sat in the DR stand - that and the look on Smith's face as he turned away. Suppose I'll have to sit through 15 minutes of cat/tree filler on Points West to find out for sure.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 12:03:47 »

Hmm, I watched a different game last night because I thought Pook was average at best. 

He got some good, important tackles in and has a good engine. We aren't kidding ourselves, we know his limitations in playing the ball. But credit where credit is due.

I'd give Timlin MOM though.

because Peacock had to take on the responsibility for rallying the troops when needed, or to dish out some organisational advice when that was needed - often to the back 4.

Agreed, he and JPM did all the talking/organising. They did the captains job one might say.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #269 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 12:11:50 »

Good to hear that Timlin did well at LB.

Credit must surely go to MM for this as it seems as smart move from him.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: