Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon - northampton matchday thread  (Read 21645 times)
dell boy

« Reply #225 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2008, 23:01:18 »

if you ignore the moany parts of bart's post and the fact he wrote it, there's a point in there somewhere. i didn't go tonight but one win doesn't mean a jot unless we continue in the same vein.

Difference tonight Sonic, you could see the players were up for it, so so difference from previous home games, Malpas showed he was the man definitely in charge on the bench. I believe this is a major turning point in the season.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2008, 23:07:49 »

no-one's denying it Paul, but there's a time and a place and immediately after our second home win of the season isn't it.

I'm still not cnvinced by Mo Mo myself eithe, but we won, so lets enjoy. It's the first thing we've had to be positive about in ages, so I'm clinging to it for dear life!
I'd agree with all that to be fair and having read your post after mine, not for the first time thought "Yeah, that's what I thought". Equally, though, people (including me) are too quick to jump down Bart's throat even when he does have a point. But tonight will keep me happy till the weekend - a win and another performance like that on Saturday and I'll go all happy clappy!
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2008, 23:13:24 »

dell: not sure about that, Saturday will tell us if you're right, but Oldham will be better than Northampton.

Pauld: I was dreading going tonight, thinking I couldn't stomach another shite game. But I'm glad I did - even if I did miss the first goal - it's games like tonight that no matter how bad it gets, it makes it worthwhile.

Passionate, half decent performance with players that give a shit, that's all I ask for.

If we lose Saturday we're back to square one, but we're better off now than we were this time five hours ago.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2008, 23:16:54 »

I also agree that sometimes people jump on Bart too quickly, but tonight his ramble is not substantiated. Similarly, while we're sometimes too quick to criticise him, he's too quick to criticise the club.

It doesn't matter if you think Malpas is worse than Andy King, Kim Heiselberg and Richard Dryden put together, we did well tonight. He needs to ackowlegde that.

He bores me, if I'm honest. It's too easy to critise, why not be constructive once in a while? He must be one unhappy son of a bitch.

I'll probably join him Saturday night, but not now.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2008, 23:20:48 »

Pauld: I was dreading going tonight, thinking I couldn't stomach another shite game. But I'm glad I did - even if I did miss the first goal - it's games like tonight that no matter how bad it gets, it makes it worthwhile.

Passionate, half decent performance with players that give a shit, that's all I ask for.

If we lose Saturday we're back to square one, but we're better off now than we were this time five hours ago.
Bizarrely, I was looking forward to the game tonight - don't know why other than I always enjoy the anticipation of midweek games, and the slightly odd experience tonight of doing a conference call meeting on the M4 on the way to the game (full hands-free, before the road safety crew kick in). Apart from that, agree with all the above, especially the bit in bold
deltaincline

« Reply #230 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2008, 23:21:06 »

Much better performance tonight. The main difference for me was the players were not hiding like they have been guilty of in the past. Each of them stood up and put in a ballsy performance. The crowd respected that and everything else fell into place.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #231 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2008, 23:33:55 »

Much better performance tonight. The main difference for me was the players were not hiding like they have been guilty of in the past. Each of them stood up and put in a ballsy performance. The crowd respected that and everything else fell into place.

Yup exactly. Was saying to bhaji boy on the way home that if the players do that and we lose to a better side, sure, we'll be unhappy at the result but at least the opposition would have deserved their win.

We've gifted some teams who have looked average to poor at our place with all 3 points. Stop doing that by playing the way we did today and things will get better, in the stands and on the pitch.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 00:23:16 »

meh! we know tonight means fuck all ,but still...

slag em tomorrow ffs,tonight evreything briefly felt better and I found renewed interest..

/
W56196272
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 01:15:19 »

I dont buy all this if we lose Saturday we're back square one stuff.

Oldham are a decent side and probably better than us, sure we beat them last season but they had all their strikers injured and had a midfield up front who didnt understand the offside rule.

If on Saturday, we lose, play shite, make sloppy mistakes and gift Oldham goals we'll be back to square one

If on Saturday we lose, play well, put the effort in and make Oldham play bloody well to get their win that to me will still be alright.

Sure we need to the points dont get me wrong but we arent going to win every game and I think deep down we all know and accept that. I just want to compete in all the games and at least give it go.

Although I only listened on the radio to the Southend match what made me feel good about tonight was at Southend we gave a good account of ourselves and we were always in the match. At 1-0 down we were always likely to score and we did. At 2-1 down we were still giving it a go and creating chances.

If some teams come here play well and out play us for their 3 points fair enough. As longs as we show the commitment, desire and effort we did tonight
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 07:18:37 »

fucking cheer up you miserable sod, lets worry about Oldham on saturday.

Hahaha, that's rich coming from you.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 07:22:29 »

Oldham will be the acid test.

Aciiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid. *insert raving smiley*

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 07:36:53 »

1 comment after the report on the match on the thisis site.  Can you guess what it is?  Yes the old classic 'Malpas Out'.

I really do think some people on that site sit at home completly obssessing about STFC switching between that site, playing football manager where they've 'scored more point than malpas has' so clearly they know better and wanking.  Is that a life?

Never knowingly overstated.
fatbury

« Reply #237 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 07:52:49 »

Now the Rock is back and cooking Oldham wont know whats hit them --- COME ON YOU REDSSSS
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 08:04:34 »

Pook played well but is still a cunt.

Did you knock one off when you got home?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 08:19:59 »

Pook played well but is still a cunt.

Did you knock one off when you got home?

I doubt he waited Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: