Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's all laugh at Oxford  (Read 32039 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Saturday, September 20, 2008, 21:39:45 »

Its odd that we're thinking about times when we were actually shitter than we are now yet seemed happier.
Spencer_White

« Reply #61 on: Saturday, September 20, 2008, 21:57:53 »

But that was a god awful shit team that kept us up.

Now weve got good players going nowhere. Bottling all the big games.

Look at Steve Robinson. 5 years, a poor player. But come a crunch relegation MUST WIN game against the scum, what did he do? Two amazing volleys. Crap player, but a winners mentality. Producing his best form when it mattered most.
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 20, 2008, 22:00:05 by Spencer_White » Logged
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Saturday, September 20, 2008, 22:05:27 »

Turbo was the last cup winner on our playing staff. Not including Paul Ince.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #63 on: Saturday, September 20, 2008, 22:20:44 »

Never forget it kids. Watch your backs when they are around, especially with England. Their cuntishness knows no bounds with us.
I've experienced this. Luckilly we were on the piss with Plymouth and Middlesborough so when 2 of us went outiside the pub and were followed by a dozen Scummers and were jumped the others had seen it and the Scummers got a good hiding. They are true cunts of the highest order.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Saturday, September 20, 2008, 22:59:38 »

But that was a god awful shit team that kept us up.

Now weve got good players going nowhere. Bottling all the big games.

Look at Steve Robinson. 5 years, a poor player. But come a crunch relegation MUST WIN game against the scum, what did he do? Two amazing volleys. Crap player, but a winners mentality. Producing his best form when it mattered most.

I once had a chat with Turbo about that game...he didn't even realise O*frod were rivals, for him they were just a shit team in a shit ground with small crowds...not something to get too worked up about.  He was quite surprised to learn his brace in the final game at the Manor gave him some sort of legendary status.
Spencer_White

« Reply #65 on: Sunday, September 21, 2008, 09:58:23 »

Interesting.

But it was still a game we had to win if we wanted to stay up.

So the point stands that Turbo refused to bottle the big game.

You have to wonder how fucking thick some of these footballers are. We sing songs every week about Oxford, and they still aint got a clue. Tommy 'I had no idea' Mooney.
STFC Village

« Reply #66 on: Sunday, September 21, 2008, 12:17:28 »

I take great pleasure in them being shit. Laughing at them is something i could never get bored of and cheers me up greatly. I actually look forward to having Mondays Poxford Mail delivered, so i can have a giggle at their back page headline  Cheesy
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Sunday, September 21, 2008, 13:38:47 »

Interesting.

But it was still a game we had to win if we wanted to stay up.

So the point stands that Turbo refused to bottle the big game.

You have to wonder how fucking thick some of these footballers are. We sing songs every week about Oxford, and they still aint got a clue. Tommy 'I had no idea' Mooney.

It's not so much footballers are thick, just that they have a completely different perspective than fans...whilst for us fans it's an all consuming passion for them it's a job.

Turbo's passion was the property he owned in Spain.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Sunday, September 21, 2008, 15:30:27 »

[url width=420 height=284]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/Reg__Smeeton/scummer.jpg[/url]
Spencer_White

« Reply #69 on: Sunday, September 21, 2008, 15:39:25 »

It's not so much footballers are thick, just that they have a completely different perspective than fans...whilst for us fans it's an all consuming passion for them it's a job.

Turbo's passion was the property he owned in Spain.

Reg, me old mate.

If I work for Travis Perkins, and I hadnt picked up that Jewsons, Buildbase and Build Center are our rivals, I wouldnt be very good at my job would I? Wouldnt have been paying attention.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Sunday, September 21, 2008, 15:46:47 »

Robinson was a Notts County fan too, so you'd think he'd have an inkling of what it was to be a lower league football fan?!

He always seemed a decent bloke when I chatted to him, one of the boys. Heard from another player that Turbo and King didn't see eye-to-eye and he wouldn't be afraid to stand up in the dressing room and give a bit back. Not the most talented player by any means but always gave everything. Remember a lung-busting run from our own box all the way to the corner flag v Wigan when they walked the league. Brilliant.
sonic youth

« Reply #71 on: Sunday, September 21, 2008, 15:48:38 »

there have been times in recent seasons we coul do with a turbo in midfield. fuck all talent but by god his work ethic was off the scale.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Sunday, September 21, 2008, 15:49:14 »

Reg, me old mate.

If I work for Travis Perkins, and I hadnt picked up that Jewsons, Buildbase and Build Center are our rivals, I wouldnt be very good at my job would I? Wouldnt have been paying attention.

To a player all clubs are rivals of a sort....Mr Timlin for example considers Leeds to be more of a rival than Hereford....not something that DRS would agree with.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Sunday, September 21, 2008, 15:50:41 »

We have one in Easton don't we? Proper box-to-box midfielder, better footballer than Turbo as well.
dell boy

« Reply #74 on: Sunday, September 21, 2008, 16:29:42 »

[url width=420 height=284]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/Reg__Smeeton/scummer.jpg[/url]
I love that picture, should be posted every week on here!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: