Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's all laugh at Oxford  (Read 32159 times)
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, September 20, 2008, 20:09:03 »

Why?

Id love to see Oxford win back to back promotions find themselves in League One then get beat about 4-1 by us at the Kassam.

Playing Rovers, Cheltenham & Hereford isnt the same.

Agreed DV, good post

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, September 20, 2008, 20:10:25 »

As long as they are worse than us and finish below us. I'd rather it was in the same league so we got to play them...
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #47 on: Saturday, September 20, 2008, 20:22:40 »

Why?

Id love to see Oxford win back to back promotions find themselves in League One then get beat about 4-1 by us at the Kassam.

What he said innit. Keep the rivalry.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Saturday, September 20, 2008, 20:26:41 »

Why?

Being in a league with City, Rovers, Cheltenham, Yeovil and the yellow lot would make for a very interesting season! Don't see it happening any time soon though unfortunately.
Spencer_White

« Reply #49 on: Saturday, September 20, 2008, 20:31:28 »

Not interested in Cheltenham and especially not the Poddington Peas (Yeovil). At least Cheltenham is good drinking.

Rovers are proper, it has to be said, but we will never be a rivalry as intense as those on their doorstep. I think our rivalry with them has some more distance left to run. They think they can take the piss down here.

For a small club, Hereford also punch well above their weight, it has to be said.

As for Oxford, we were all sure of victory in 2002, and look what happened there. If it happens then great, we'll be up for it. But if it doesnt then it doesnt.

Despite everything we could still play a league game against them next season. Things happen fast sometimes in football.
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 20, 2008, 20:33:55 by Spencer_White » Logged
flammableBen

« Reply #50 on: Saturday, September 20, 2008, 20:33:12 »

Being in a league with City, Rovers, Cheltenham, Yeovil and the yellow lot would make for a very interesting season! Don't see it happening any time soon though unfortunately.

Didn't we have Oxford, City, Rovers and Reading in 00/01? Good season.
Spencer_White

« Reply #51 on: Saturday, September 20, 2008, 20:35:36 »

Didn't we have Oxford, City, Rovers and Reading in 00/01? Good season.

And we won at City 3 games into the season, then beat Oxford a couple of games after that.

I remmember thinking, this div 2 lark is well alright. 4 years later the same league was 80 per cent northern teams, it was shit.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Saturday, September 20, 2008, 20:50:28 »

I keep getting stick from the OUFC fans at work, all I reply is who have you got on t'weekend?

They think they're in the blue square world premier division...fookin losers.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
flammableBen

« Reply #53 on: Saturday, September 20, 2008, 20:51:41 »

I went to lots of games that season. City away was 1-0 wan't it. Reeves scored? We had Exeter home and then away in a replay early on in the league cup. Errr.. remember oxford obviously. Lost 2-0 away at reading? Was that the season where we beat Colchester 1-0 away with the Route 1 Reddy goal or was the year after?

My memories not so good anymore.

It's amazing that it was 8 years ago. Yeovil, Cheltenham and Hereford are  definitely poor replacements for City, Oxford and Reading.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Saturday, September 20, 2008, 20:56:17 »

I went to lots of games that season. City away was 1-0 wan't it. Reeves scored?
Can't remember if it was that season, but I do have fond memories of that Reeves winner!!!
flammableBen

« Reply #55 on: Saturday, September 20, 2008, 20:58:53 »

It might have been the season after.

I remember him jumping into the crowd though.
Spencer_White

« Reply #56 on: Saturday, September 20, 2008, 21:01:44 »

And Rovers as well, who finnished a point behind us and were relegated.

Yeah, it turned out to be a vintage season of its kind. Survival against all odds. To be honest I was a 15 games a season man before that season, but I must have been to 90% of our games that season. It was pretty crappy at the start, couldnt believe the shit Todd had bought, but the fans rallied fantastic around King.

Reddys goal at Colchester was a Massive 3 points.

We got the better of City and the Scum. Reeves 1-0 was that season, we didnt get another result at Trashton for 4 years after that. For the home game, There was once a picture of Reddy sliding on his knees in front of miserable soaked shit heads on the bank on the Adver site, fucking brilliant. Not to mention Turbo.  Grin

The first game at the Madjeski was dissapointing, but at least we smashed as many things up as we could. The home defeat was an absolute gut wrencher. Devastated.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Saturday, September 20, 2008, 21:07:18 »

Our first game at the madjeski I ended up in the first aid room cos some bastard had put the bus window through!!

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
flammableBen

« Reply #58 on: Saturday, September 20, 2008, 21:24:21 »

It was a vintage season. Wiltshire Sound even did live commentary for the Rovers vs. Wycombe game which kept us up didn't they? I remember listening to it, a fair few of my mates went, not sure why I didn't.

Seemed to be a bit more spirit behind the team from the fans, maybe it's just that I'm not so involved any more.

Ooh I'm getting some memories through the hazy mist... the Colchester away game was one which was rearranged from a mid week game which was called off really late wasn't it? I only went to the rearranged fixture but they were handing out free tickets to everyone on the coach so I got in free anyway.

We did have some crap players that season. Marco Tuamola(sp?), Kim Heiselburg, Martin Williams (I can't even remember if that was his name, the crap striker who soon drifted back into non-leagues), Mark Robertson (the Australian who I remember getting subbed at half time for being fucking shit), and probably a few others which I've forgotten.

Oh and not a Todd signing, but Adrian Bakali in the squad on a non-contract basis for most the second half of the season before making a token appearance away at Stoke on the last day of the season. He could barely waddle outside of the centre circle. Classic. Didn't help that the rest of the players looked like they may have been hung over.

Spencer_White

« Reply #59 on: Saturday, September 20, 2008, 21:37:14 »

No, the spirit and togetherness of the fans was fantastic that season. We would shout red army for 30 minutes without a second thought. I think most people remmembered the double relegation of 94-95 and the pain spurred us on. Maybe it helped that so many of our local rivals were in the same league, every other game was a bit personal. Definately a lot of nostalgia for that season. The Invincible 92nd minute winner v Peterborough sealed the deal.

But a few old faces dropped out after that season.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: