Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Jebus  (Read 15235 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 18:22:10 »

I don't usually get involved in the religion debate nowadays. I think it can offer good life guidance to some people whilst others take it out of its original context - most religions strive for some sort of reward at the end and this is usually achieved by fulfilling certain goals.

A higher being is more probably a way to get people to obey such rules, which is where I think religion is open to abuse (e.g. extremists).

I'm quite content to plod along in life and do things my way. I'm also quite content to leave alone others who are religious and clearly not doing any harm.

I think sometime after I formed these conclusions, I decided I wasn't interested in religion at all.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 18:26:14 »

As I've already said before on here, I'm a Christian. I expect you'll all be wanting me to bite to this thread and go nuts, so I won't  Smiley

I can see why people find creationism crazy, I'll admit it took me ages to accept and obviously, like pretty much every other Christian I know, I realise that there are unanswered questions surrounding it. Sounds like I'm digging a hole for myself here!

The reason I believe in it is that I believe that Jesus rose from the dead, and pretty much every other part of having faith as a Christian has to come from that point. Either he did or he didn't. If he did rise, as he predicted, he was surely the fulfilment of many an Old Testament prophecy and all the other things he promised can be taken as truth. And he said he was the son of God - th God who created the earth.

Obviously, if he didn't rise then he was wrong in predicting his own resurrection and therefore cannot be trusted with anything else he said.

I await your angry mobbish "I'm right you're wrong" responses  Smiley

You are wrong and I am right, but that's not what it's about, it's a faith issue and no amount of fossils will persuade the devout Christian otherwise.

I have no issue with reevesy as I've never known him to push his beliefs on anyone else. I wish I could say the same for myself.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 18:28:16 »

Yeah, you're going to hell axs.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 18:31:48 »

Yeah, you're going to hell axs.

where's that?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 18:33:50 »

Oxford.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 18:34:01 »

Get on the A420 and head north..........

It's All Good..............
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 18:34:47 »

thats not so bad, it has bars and a nice park and a river.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 18:34:53 »

where's that?

Stockport
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 18:35:20 »

Stockport

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagghhhh.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 18:37:02 »

Blackbird Leys.

Wearing a Swindon shirt.

It's All Good..............
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 18:38:09 »

Blackbird Leys.

Wearing a Swindon shirt.

meh, i'm dead already.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 18:42:56 »

People are free to think as they wish....but your reasoning seems so flawed, as to make absolutely no sense whatsoever.
I'm not sure why you say my reasoning doesn't make sense, but then I suppose no non-Christian on here will follow my way of thinking anyway! To me it makes sense, and has done for maybe three years now

I have always been envious of people with a faith r4e, and so you wont find me slating you.
but let me ask you a question: Do you seriously and 100% not believe in evolution?
What about science in general and what do you feel about the LHC?
Interesting. I don't completely disregard the theory of evolution at all. I could just come out with a load of "God moves in mysterious ways" crap but we both know that's not an answer! I won't say evolution doesn't occur because that would be a bit of a blinkered, biased and thoughtless statement, but I do find it hard to understand how non-living matter became living-matter, which became a countless array of animals, plants, birds, fish and various other lifeforms.

Science in general? I think it's great. I think it's amazing that we can learn to understand all about ourselves, the world around us, and the universe beyond it. A lot of the time people say that science throws doubt on the existence of God, and often it does seem to challenge it, but I think a lot of strange ideas come from people taking one explanation of something and disregarding others because they don't seem quite as likely. As for the LHC, I have no problem with it other than the vast amount of money that it cost! It is plain to see that the universe is based upon physical and chemical forces, and if we were to find out the "missing link" by using the LHC it would be great

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 18:46:22 »

all religions think their god is the one.that is impossible so surely only one could be right if any at all.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 18:55:23 »

all religions think their god is the one.that is impossible so surely only one could be right if any at all.
Correct...

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 18:57:40 »

so millions of people are wasting their time worshipping gods that dont exist.i'll stick to being a jedi
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: