Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Jebus  (Read 15032 times)
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 15:22:16 »

i'm a jedi too.
 batch, god is taught as a fact to kids in british schools from the age of 4.

Us Jedi's will have the respect that we deserve soon arriba, because the Large Hydron Collider is going to find the Higgs Boson which after investigation turns out to be 'the force', therefore proving that jedianity is fact.

It will also make others aware of The dastardly Sith and their evil wiley ways, after which the likes of you and I will be called upon to defend our feeble non-Jedi brethren from the Sith.

May the force be with you.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 16:00:20 »

Christianity: The belief that a Jewish cosmic zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh, drink his blood and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat fruit from a magical tree.

Granny's Garden...?? No wonder JFW loves it
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 16:41:29 »

You should get down to Portsmouth - they've just opened up a creationist museum.

Only took them 7 days apparently.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 16:42:11 »

Wasn't Higgs the Bosun on the Bounty ?

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
sonic youth

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 17:35:18 »

Hmm, religion, my previously favourite ranting subject.

Meh, i barely feel it worthy of debate to be honest.

But yeah, creationsim is fucking dumb. The coolest question is (as sonic will know having recommended a book to me), who created God?

did i?

if god is morrissey, then mr and mrs morrissey created god
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 17:35:59 »

Only took them 7 days apparently.

Six, Nev, they put their feet up on the seventh day.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 17:37:03 »

Hmm, religion, my previously favourite ranting subject.

Meh, i barely feel it worthy of debate to be honest.

But yeah, creationsim is fucking dumb. The coolest question is (as sonic will know having recommended a book to me), who created God?

Humans.  To make sense of a world they did not understand.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 17:46:39 »

As I've already said before on here, I'm a Christian. I expect you'll all be wanting me to bite to this thread and go nuts, so I won't  Smiley

I can see why people find creationism crazy, I'll admit it took me ages to accept and obviously, like pretty much every other Christian I know, I realise that there are unanswered questions surrounding it. Sounds like I'm digging a hole for myself here!

The reason I believe in it is that I believe that Jesus rose from the dead, and pretty much every other part of having faith as a Christian has to come from that point. Either he did or he didn't. If he did rise, as he predicted, he was surely the fulfilment of many an Old Testament prophecy and all the other things he promised can be taken as truth. And he said he was the son of God - th God who created the earth.

Obviously, if he didn't rise then he was wrong in predicting his own resurrection and therefore cannot be trusted with anything else he said.

I await your angry mobbish "I'm right you're wrong" responses  Smiley

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 17:51:10 »

fiar play reeves.the fact is that nothing can 100% be proven for any of the theories of our existance.it's just that the god one gets more far fetched as time goes by with discoveries that are being made.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 17:58:19 »

As I've already said before on here, I'm a Christian. I expect you'll all be wanting me to bite to this thread and go nuts, so I won't  Smiley

I can see why people find creationism crazy, I'll admit it took me ages to accept and obviously, like pretty much every other Christian I know, I realise that there are unanswered questions surrounding it. Sounds like I'm digging a hole for myself here!

The reason I believe in it is that I believe that Jesus rose from the dead, and pretty much every other part of having faith as a Christian has to come from that point. Either he did or he didn't. If he did rise, as he predicted, he was surely the fulfilment of many an Old Testament prophecy and all the other things he promised can be taken as truth. And he said he was the son of God - th God who created the earth.

Obviously, if he didn't rise then he was wrong in predicting his own resurrection and therefore cannot be trusted with anything else he said.

I have always been envious of people with a faith r4e, and so you wont find me slating you.

but let me ask you a question: Do you seriously and 100% not believe in evolution?

What about science in general and what do you feel about the LHC?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 18:02:34 »

I asked an asian scotsman what his religous beliefs were,he replied ima Hindu.....and whats a Hindu i asked
Lay eggs was his reply.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 18:05:08 »

On a serious note,while not a very religious person i often go to churches for some tranquility while on my travels.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 18:08:36 »

Most Christians don't take The Old Testament literally and don't believe in The Creation as it is written.

Religion, for me, is man made. That doesn't mean that God doesn't exist though.

It's All Good..............
Rich Pullen

« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 18:08:52 »

My mum is big ol' Christian but she never forced her religion on her children. I've no issues with those with faith, each to their own... However ....

Are there any Scientologists on TEF?

It's an organisation/cult I simply cannot tolerate. I'm fascinated by the whole thing because it's, well, just so wrong.

If there are any on TEF, I have one question RE: your faith.....

Why?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 18:19:21 »

People are free to think as they wish....but your reasoning seems so flawed, as to make absolutely no sense whatsoever.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: