Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ady Williams  (Read 5407 times)
STFC_Gazzza

« on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 07:20:52 »

Not sure if its just me really but for the last few seasons our defence has been great for the most part NOW its the worst part of our team despite having the same players pretty much as last season. Perhaps its just me or whatever but perhaps Ady Williams is one of the root causes for our defensive woes this season, time for him to be replaced? I dont think replacing Malpas is the answer as he put out a decent team and is making substitutions at the right times, ie bringing on Marshall yesterday. I am starting to think we need a good defensive coach to give them a kick up the back side?
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 07:22:57 »

"Williams out!" says Gaz!

Not sure if he is the problem or not but they certainly need a hand back there.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 07:26:13 »

Gazza, malpas was a international defender who amazingly seems to have appeared to make every defender worse. Aljofree has more say in our team than williams
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 07:29:49 »

Gazza, malpas was a international defender who amazingly seems to have appeared to make every defender worse. Aljofree has more say in our team than williams

True however is Aljofree and Williams spending time say with the defenders and Malpas working with the strikes and midfield to manufacture more goals from midfield etc???
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 07:32:02 »

Well if he is he is more of a cock than i thought.
Spencer_White

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 07:32:56 »

Its a good shout Gazza. I thought Williams was a real Rolls Royce of a defender but it has to be said we are glaringly deficient at the back now.

I said to someone yesterday, Id take Matty Heywood back from Grimsby. Never thought Id say that.

Weve now shipped 3 at home to QPR, Colchester and Leeds. 3 out of 4 home games. Were not going anywhere with this defence.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 12:04:20 »

I think we got a little carried away with our one season in a very shit Division 4.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 12:49:11 »

Our defence is looking quite bad. That said, I think Aljofree had a better game yesterday and I like the way Amankwaah plays. He's quite vocal too.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 13:30:32 »

The last time our defence looked proper solid was when Adie Williams was bloody playing in it.

We miss Vincent.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 13:43:38 »

Did not think i would say but it appears that is true dv
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 14:05:15 »

Under Sturrock we had an old head who was an experienced defensive coach ( Sloop ?) and that is all he ever done was work with the defence.  I agree that our defence seems to have gone backwards, but technically this is the same back 3 out of 4 that we had last season.

You have to question what role everyone takes in training Williams, Malpas & Byrne, do they overlap with different ideas ? - it does seem that most games this season we have gifted teams goals through perhaps a lack of concentration,  but it is not as is Smith, Aljofee & Ifil are youngsters learning the ropes, there must be something that is at the route cause of this, nobody but the coaching staff and players know what happens on the training ground though.....
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 14:17:23 »

do the players still train at wanbrough and can you go and watch them?
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 14:18:39 »

Yeah they do
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 14:19:53 »

Although apparenty we are looking for a new training ground!
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 14:21:53 »

do the players still train at wanbrough and can you go and watch them?

What you going to do Dan?  Go down there and try and tell Malpas how its done? Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: