Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ady Williams  (Read 5408 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 21:05:52 »

I do not think Fitton is the messiah. He saved our club, lets remember that but he is also responsible for the appointment of Malpas. He hired him so he must fire him.

And then do what? Bring another manager in who'll want to play the game a different way, with his own players? That costs £££ and even super rich mega clubs like ourselves are being hit hard by the state of the economy!

Malpas should be given the season, if we are really, really struggling then maybe it's time for him to go but he's got a good squad and we are capable of playing excellent football. We will batter teams this season, and we will have off games and lose. If, come May, we have not progressed I am sure Fitton will be having words.

Have faith my tediously pessimistic brother, things will work out for us soon.
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 21:06:26 »

Why is it laughable?
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 21:06:41 »

"He hired him so he must fire him" what a strange comment.  Sounds like a tag line to some shit american "movie".

**deep voiced voice over man**

The townsfolk didn't know him....  they said he had no personality.....  But one man believed....he hired him......now....he must fire him.  Blind Faith, The Maurice Malpas story, showing on the big screen outside House fo Fraser now.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 21:06:46 »

I do not think Fitton is the messiah. He saved our club, lets remember that but he is also responsible for the appointment of Malpas. He hired him so he must fire him.

Fair enough and yes you state the obvious well. However, you give the unfounded excuse that Sturrock advised our chairman. Fitton said this wasn't the case, why would he lie? He interviewed several candidates and he aced the interview.

What makes you think Fitton would, in your opinion, get it right a second time?
JPC82

« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 21:10:34 »

whether Fitton admits it to the fans or not Sturrock did have a hand in Malpas getting the job, doesnt matter a fuck what we think if Fitton thinks Malpas is still the right man for the job then he will be sticking around whether we like it or not.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 21:11:45 »

Who hired Fitton?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 21:13:15 »

Who hired Fitton?

Mike Diamandis.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 21:15:56 »

"He hired him so he must fire him" what a strange comment.  Sounds like a tag line to some shit american "movie".

**deep voiced voice over man**

The townsfolk didn't know him....  they said he had no personality.....  But one man believed....he hired him......now....he must fire him.  Blind Faith, The Maurice Malpas story, showing on the big screen outside House fo Fraser now.
Brilliant work jan. That's half my coffee sprayed across the table.

We are nailed on for relegation in exactly the same way as Hull fans should be dashing straight down to the travel agents now to book early for next season because they're currently in a UEFA Cup spot.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 21:17:43 »

whether Fitton admits it to the fans or not Sturrock did have a hand in Malpas getting the job, doesnt matter a fuck what we think if Fitton thinks Malpas is still the right man for the job then he will be sticking around whether we like it or not.

Well, as you know all, I might aswell stop going down that route Cheesy but the latter point is quite right.

I'm sick to death of managers turning up and buggering off, we cannot force Fitton to get rid of Malpas at this stage. There hasn't been consistancy behind the scenes at Swindon for far too long.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 21:20:02 »

Brilliant work jan. That's half my coffee sprayed across the table.

I think there could be quite a lucrative follow up. "Blind Faith 2, The Right Winger Returns" for when the next little known manager is appointed.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 23:50:40 »

I know this post is pointless ar Bart ignores any questions asked of him and his opinions but who would you replace him with?

He's hear for the season, it would take an Andy King style run of 8 defeats for Malpas to go. Whats the point in sacking him now? New manager comes in, new manager brings his own staff in, new manager wants his own team due to the transfer window that cant happen right away.

So we'll have to wait for ages for him to turn the set up into his....when he finally has unless he wins every game Bart will be making the same points anyway.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 08:04:53 »

I know this post is pointless ar Bart ignores any questions asked of him and his opinions but who would you replace him with?

He's hear for the season, it would take an Andy King style run of 8 defeats for Malpas to go. Whats the point in sacking him now? New manager comes in, new manager brings his own staff in, new manager wants his own team due to the transfer window that cant happen right away.

So we'll have to wait for ages for him to turn the set up into his....when he finally has unless he wins every game Bart will be making the same points anyway.
I beg to differ, Fwiw i would replace him with Ian holloway
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 20:33:07 »

I beg to differ, Fwiw i would replace him with Ian holloway

Fishing.

Surely, you're fishing?!  I'll take the bait.  Holloway was fucking clueless at Leicester and managed to do what no-one else (not even a solicitor) had ever done and got them relegated.  Holloway would be a disaster.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
JPC82

« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 20:36:31 »

Fishing.

Surely, you're fishing?!  I'll take the bait.  Holloway was fucking clueless at Leicester and managed to do what no-one else (not even a solicitor) had ever done and got them relegated.  Holloway would be a disaster.

I'd be happy with Holloway here
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 20:50:16 »

I wouldn't, unless it was solely to give post match interviews of course.

There's the rub, you'll never please everyone, so why bother trying.  Fitton can get on with the job he's doing without worrying what the "majority" want, because the "majority" never fucking know what they want anyway.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: