Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Luggy's return  (Read 14478 times)
Weasel

Ignore
« on: Monday, August 4, 2008, 06:08:23 »

Obviously he'll get a good reception - always seemed a nice bloke, plus the recent revelations about his illness etc - but i hope we don't sing his name. He still buggered off and left us afterall.

'We are Malpas red and white army'..... anyone?!
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, August 4, 2008, 06:14:06 »

if i was going he wouldnt get a good reception from me, solely for not keeping his fat gob shut concerning diamandis and co. He really didnt need to say anything and i tend to think if he had kept stum they may have gone that little bit sooner.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, August 4, 2008, 06:40:08 »

He won't get a good reception from me either.

He dumped us at the 1st opportunity. Just like Wise, only his escape route  came a little later in his tenure. He's just the same as everyone else, look after #1. Fine, but don't shout off about loyalty and lock ins.

At least he took us up I suppose.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, August 4, 2008, 06:46:21 »

He's gone. He wasn't around long enough to be a leg-end.

He'll get the same reception from me as all managers of visiting clubs get (Unless they're Martin Allen) which is fuck all.................

It's All Good..............
Barry Scott

« Reply #4 on: Monday, August 4, 2008, 06:49:35 »

Couldn't give a fuck about him personally, certainly won't get any sort of nice reception, because as far as i'm concerned he doesn't deserve one. I can't say i particularly liked the bloke anyway.
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #5 on: Monday, August 4, 2008, 07:17:35 »

He won't get a good reception from me either.

He dumped us at the 1st opportunity. Just like Wise, only his escape route  came a little later in his tenure. He's just the same as everyone else, look after #1. Fine, but don't shout off about loyalty and lock ins.

At least he took us up I suppose.

Sturrock didn't dump us at the first opportunity. He could have gone to Leicester. He still left but to his 2nd favourite club (other being Dundee ofcourse) If someone offered Colin Calderwood the Swindon job I'd expect he would do the same.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, August 4, 2008, 07:23:37 »

He could have gone to Leicester.

Was he definitely offered that job then?

Calderwood would be the biggest idiot ever to leave Forest fr us,
« Last Edit: Monday, August 4, 2008, 07:25:40 by Batch » Logged
dell boy

« Reply #7 on: Monday, August 4, 2008, 07:24:26 »

Really rated Sturrock, thought he was a much better option than Wise.
He didn't show loyalty when the chips were down and as Mex says 'he should have kept out of the politics and kept his mouth shut, lost a lot of support with his backing of the old board', when he left we went into freefall for a while which I blame him for the unrest he caused - saying that I wish him good luck in the future, but I wont applaud him, he's not Swindon anymore simple as that.
Weasel

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, August 4, 2008, 07:29:27 »

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/display.var.2416304.0.aljofree_treat_luggy_like_a_hero.php

Looks like Hasney'll be clapping on his own then..
dell boy

« Reply #9 on: Monday, August 4, 2008, 07:32:40 »

Aljofree is a new boy here, he didn't really know the real dark days ... he should shut up as well.
fatbury

« Reply #10 on: Monday, August 4, 2008, 07:37:36 »

I wasnt Sturrocks biggest fan ... but he got results ... hence he will get a well earned applause from me
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, August 4, 2008, 07:39:08 »

I'm having a one man protest by staying at home.
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #12 on: Monday, August 4, 2008, 08:08:44 »

I cant afford to go. I would neither boo or clap sturrock if I was there. I dont blame him for leaving the crap he had to deal with, Perhaps some was brought on by himself but hey ho...
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, August 4, 2008, 08:22:20 »

Sturrock got us promoted out of the hell that is League 2, and for that I am grateful. That he managed to bring some players to us against the backdrop of the board/finances etc is testimony to his personal reputation. He should be greeted well for doing this club a great service.

However, I am pleased we have a manager now who is trying to get us to play decent football. Whether it will work this far down the leagues (as opposed to Luggy's more direct approach) will become apparent very soon.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, August 4, 2008, 08:23:49 »

I ain't going but if I did I give him a clap and a warm welcome back.  The bloke never did us any harm, and despite some average football, he did get us up!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: