Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's all laugh at Pox  (Read 14104 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Wednesday, August 13, 2008, 10:19:23 »

To be fair Reg I dont think most people realised he ever played for the pox.

Although thats another reason to laugh at them, because i thought he looked quite handy last night

Exactly my point...if people cared they'd know this stuff.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Wednesday, August 13, 2008, 10:57:01 »

All just goes to show that rivalries are a generational thing, though.  I just don't buy the argument that Oxford 'hating' is hardwired in to the DNA of all Swindon supporters.  It wasn't in the early 1950s, because they didn't even exist.  (And I can't imagine the STFC/Headington United rivalry was one that got the pulses racing.)

Our generation (and, by that, I mean anyone from Reg's age down to people now in their 20s) still 'hates'/ridicules/bothers about Oxford, to a greater or lesser extent, because we all remember the misery of losing to them at their rusting internment camp of a ground, or the joy of watching us thrash them 4-1 at home.  Some of us are even lucky enough to have seen us win at the Manor.

But to the majority of our fans below the age of 20, Oxford is nothing.  Give it time.  If they don't win their way back to the League soon, there will be an ever dwindling band of old codgers who care about what they're up to.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Wednesday, August 13, 2008, 11:11:58 »

I'm under 20 and saw both 4-1's, the 3-0 defeat at the manor and the Turbo double!

I think I'm one a few for my age that saw all of that though.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Wednesday, August 13, 2008, 11:20:55 »

Well my 5 year old niece is already singing the "if I had the wings of a sparrow, and I had the bum of a crow" song (not in front of her mum and dad though).  She's well up for a bit of Oxford bashing, "we hate oxford" that's another one she likes.  But not as much as "Swindon, yeah, yeah, yeah" which she made up.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Wednesday, August 13, 2008, 13:55:05 »

When my lad (4 last Sunday) wants to wind me up he either tells me he doesn't like Swindon any more, he likes Oxford and Bristol City. Or he gets his goal out and says "I'm Peter Brezovan, you're Oxford".  Always with a cheeky grin on his face. A swift reminder I can take his season ticket/shirt back does the trick.

I'm hopeful the dislike of the yellow scum can be passed from father to son/daughter, but if they don't sort themselves out in 10 years they could end up being the equivalent of Gillingham . You know some of the older fans don't like them, you just don't know why.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Thursday, August 21, 2008, 19:41:01 »

They really are shit, aren't they?

I'm beginning to 'PITY THE FOOLS' (In my best Mr T voice)

It's All Good..............
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Thursday, August 21, 2008, 19:42:00 »

no pity from me, just pure fucking vitriol. fucking uselss cunts.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Thursday, August 21, 2008, 20:12:23 »

I asked my Company to book me a hotel room in Oxford as I have a two day course up there shortly. Asked them to book a nice little hotel down by the river, near to a nice pub.....and what do the cunts do?Huh?Huh???

Yes, they book me into the Holiday Inn Express next to the Kassam. Cunts.

Any suggestions as to how I can 'leave my mark'......
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Thursday, August 21, 2008, 20:14:04 »

I asked my Company to book me a hotel room in Oxford as I have a two day course up there shortly. Asked them to book a nice little hotel down by the river, near to a nice pub.....and what do the cunts do?Huh?Huh???

Simple. When you leave just take a piss up the wall. Sorted.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Thursday, August 21, 2008, 20:17:03 »

spray can. stfc in big red letters.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Thursday, August 21, 2008, 20:21:39 »

I was just going to load up with ex-lax the night before and take a huge shit on the pitch. Childish really. I like mex's suggestion though......
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Friday, August 22, 2008, 10:38:54 »

take apart the stand at the goal end of the pitch brick by brick, then reassemble it at the other end? that'd really confuse them!

janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Friday, August 22, 2008, 11:27:36 »

The Oxford Mail are trying to claim that the 6-3 voctory over Eastbourne was Oxford's 4th time they've hit 6 goals in the league. 

In the league???  Do their journalists not realise that Pox have not been a league member for a couple of years now, and are just a non-league club?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #103 on: Friday, August 22, 2008, 13:20:05 »

The Oxford Mail are trying to claim that the 6-3 voctory over Eastbourne was Oxford's 4th time they've hit 6 goals in the league. 

In the league???  Do their journalists not realise that Pox have not been a league member for a couple of years now, and are just a non-league club?

Positive propaganda is the way forward for Oxford... The fact they conceded 3 to Eastbourne at home would worry me.

I browsed their forum and a suprising amount are still quite optimistic. I checked how many games the Conference Champions lost over the decade... Oxford will have to do very well indeed from now on.

2007/08 Aldershot lost 7
2006/07 Dagenham & Redbridge lost 7
2005/06 Accrington Stanley lost 7
2004/05 Barnet lost 8
2003/04 Chester City lost 4
2002/03 Yeovil Town lost 3
2001/02 Boston United lost 8
2000/01 Rushden & Diamonds lost 6
1999/00 Kidderminster Harriers lost 9

Obviously the Play-Offs is an option but they're leaking goals quite nicely so hopefully another season in the Non-Leagues is on.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Friday, August 22, 2008, 13:27:22 »

I went to a conference there a couple of years ago, and left an old badge hidden in the room, hopefully thats inspired a new york mets style hex on them.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: