Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's all laugh at Pox  (Read 14106 times)
Summerof69

Ignore
« on: Sunday, July 27, 2008, 21:25:14 »

www.bluesqfootball.com are giving away free DVD's of highlights of last seasons Blue Sq Premier season, you know the one where the Pox win's the league by Christmas.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
ScillyRed

« Reply #1 on: Monday, July 28, 2008, 09:14:04 »

Wasn't that the

' If the conference league was a boxing match the referree would have stopped the fight by now'

season.

Knockout !!

Should have been

'Pub team and you know you are'  Bye
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2008, 08:31:51 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/o/oxford_utd/7527287.stm
Rich Pullen

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2008, 08:33:47 »

Manchester United

Devlin, Gray, Derbyshire (Gill 85), Eckersley, Chester, Evans (James h/t)), Eikrem (Dudgeon 85), Drinkwater, Macheda (Norwood 58), Hewson, King (Brandao h/t))

Superstars. They haven't produced a decent batch of youngsters since the mid-90's.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2008, 10:09:29 »

What an impressive result.  Those kids took one hell of a errr, drawing.

Even when it's men against boys the Pox fail to win.

(having said that I still think they'll go up this year)
flammableBen

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2008, 10:31:54 »

Didn't we get trounced 4-1 by a Man U XI a few years back?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2008, 10:34:58 »

Didn't we get trounced 4-1 by a Man U XI a few years back?

Yep, Duke scored and we eventually made into the Play-Offs.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 29, 2008, 13:25:01 by Rich Pullen » Logged
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2008, 13:17:25 »

5 man u fans tried to storm the home end at this friendly at the weekend apparently, so ive been told.
Spencer_White

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2008, 17:17:15 »

Does this result mean that Buckingham Town would beat Man United?

Rich I was too busy laughing at Oxfords line up to notice who Man Yoo played.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2008, 23:55:20 »

Rich I was too busy laughing at Oxfords line up to notice who Man Yoo played.
nowt wrong with our lineup.

our trouble over the last three or so years is that we look fine on paper, but play shit. hopefully with the bald eagle moving upstairs and young firestarter patterson installed as manager it will be an improvement this season. jamie guy will take the piss out of this league, i doubt we'll keep him for long. the other signings so far sound good too, though i've not seen them play.
Spencer_White

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, July 30, 2008, 11:40:21 »

nowt wrong with our lineup.

our trouble over the last three or so years is that we look fine on paper, but play shit. hopefully with the bald eagle moving upstairs and young firestarter patterson installed as manager it will be an improvement this season. jamie guy will take the piss out of this league, i doubt we'll keep him for long. the other signings so far sound good too, though i've not seen them play.

Hmmm. Not to sure about this good on paper thing. Maybe its because they really are not good?

Had this ourselves when we got relegated in 2006. At the time there were players we thought were good who just werent up to it. Best examples Sean O'Hanlon and Rhys Evans. Add in a few Micheal Pooks, Gareth Whalleys, Tony Thorpes and you have yourself a mediocre/lower half div 3 side. The only one who proved to have any worth above League 1 was Rory Fallon. Jamie Cureton will always be shite really, hes just lucky.

Your side now are where they are because they deserve to be there. The team who got you relegated in 2006, how many are playing league football now?

No shame in it, its just taken me a year to figure out Jon Paul McGovern isnt very good. But he'd walk into your team, be your best player by a mile.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, July 30, 2008, 13:12:10 »

No I don't think so. Obviously we've shipped out some shit over the last couple of seasons, but there have been a number of players who've not done well for us yet have moved onto league clubs and established themselves as regulars. Lee Bradbury, Jude Stirling, Chris Zebroski, Lee Mansell, err probably a few others too. Tim Sills looked poo for us but has gone on to be one of the leagues top scorers last season.

"Your side now are where they are because they deserve to be there"

I wasn't under any illusion that the situation was any different to that but thanks for clearing things up for me. As I said we've been playing shit for years.
Spencer_White

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, July 30, 2008, 18:10:48 »

But they are fine on paper?

Face it mate, players who go to Oxford dont go on to have good careers do they?  A few of the oldies have managed to come back, Bradbury, Mooney.

OUFC - players graveyard.

Haldane might do OK for you in non league. Being serious, he is very simmilar player to our Pook.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, July 31, 2008, 10:20:10 »

boring
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, July 31, 2008, 13:22:36 »

if you want to play that game

http://www.swindonweb.com/?m=133&s=638&ss=644&c=3500&t=WONDER+GOAL!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: