Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Southampton  (Read 23177 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, July 9, 2008, 07:35:16 »

I see that Southampton are obviously struggling for funds, they have just done a deal with Spurs over the £5m in add-on's they would be entitled to later down the line on the Bale transfer and taken a settlement, and they also done the same with Arsenal taking a settlement.

Rupert Lowe up to his old tricks I suspect, I'd be surprised not to see the club going into Admin sometime during the season at this rate.
fatbury

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, July 9, 2008, 07:37:57 »

any players we can grab on the cheap then? Wink
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, July 9, 2008, 14:59:54 »

The amazing thing going on at Southampton is the contract offers that they have made
to players.For instance,they signed up Lee Holmes on a 5 year deal at premiership wages!

Secondly,Paul Wotton signed from Plymouth and was given a 3 year deal,for a 30 yr old
and paying him 3K more per week than he was on at Plymouth! Last week, they then
get rid of 6 first team and squad players.Total schizophrenic behaviour by Lowe,no wonder
Lawrie Mac has resigned from his club vice presidency,as he wants nothing to do with
the returning Lowe regime.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 9, 2008, 15:03:23 by alanmayes » Logged

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, July 9, 2008, 16:08:57 »

They have also signed an unknown young keeper from Spurs on a 5 yr deal - who is gettin gthse players in though as the managment team do not know english football so will surely take them time to get to know players that are about and their ability
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, July 9, 2008, 20:16:30 »

I see that Southampton are obviously struggling for funds, they have just done a deal with Spurs over the £5m in add-on's they would be entitled to later down the line on the Bale transfer and taken a settlement, and they also done the same with Arsenal taking a settlement.

Rupert Lowe up to his old tricks I suspect, I'd be surprised not to see the club going into Admin sometime during the season at this rate.

Struggling for funds is an understatement.  Friends of mine got season tickets a while back for next season and since then they have closed the stand they had tickets in and relocated them to another stand to save money.  They need investors fast or else administration is on the horizon.

Times like this make me wonder how we managed to get so lucky.
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, July 9, 2008, 20:47:38 »

Struggling for funds is an understatement.  Friends of mine got season tickets a while back for next season and since then they have closed the stand they had tickets in and relocated them to another stand to save money.  They need investors fast or else administration is on the horizon.

Times like this make me wonder how we managed to get so lucky.

Totally agree with your last point. After all the shit we went through, looking at other clubs like Luton, Rotherham etc with the points deductions and all that somehow we came out alright.
flammableBen

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, July 10, 2008, 10:54:35 »

Totally agree with your last point. After all the shit we went through, looking at other clubs like Luton, Rotherham etc with the points deductions and all that somehow we came out alright.

It's because the old board really weren't that bad and we were all just overreacting a bit. True Story
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, July 10, 2008, 11:13:49 »

It's because the old board really weren't that bad and we were all just overreacting a bit. True Story

What ben said

Things get better but they never get good
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, July 10, 2008, 15:19:58 »

My dad played was on Southamptons books many moons ago...he cannot believe how they have fallen....theyve had to close a stand for next season just to save a few pounds.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, July 10, 2008, 15:34:04 »

My dad played was on Southamptons books many moons ago...

My gramp was at Southampton in the early 50's, could have been a pro-footballer but couldn't give up the fags.

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, July 10, 2008, 15:47:42 »

so was dell boy
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, July 11, 2008, 16:40:19 »

Dell boy scored in the FA Cup for them didnt he?
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #12 on: Friday, July 11, 2008, 16:45:41 »

Apparantly my grandad was on the books at southampton then.
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, July 11, 2008, 16:48:52 »

my grandad once read a book just south of hampton sometime during the 50s.

officially blacker than the night.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #14 on: Friday, July 11, 2008, 16:55:16 »

My dad once wrote "Southampton" down on a piece of paper without any making any errors. I was so proud.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: