Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Southampton  (Read 23421 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, April 2, 2009, 21:36:03 »

I can't see the Football League letting Southampton get away with it, they'll change the rules and back date them if they have to. At least the Football League have some bollocks in dealing with this kind of shit, if it was the FA they would just bottle it as usual.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, April 3, 2009, 07:47:56 »

Every team in England should have a Matt Le Tissier.

About 1996 time he was just unbelievable, the goals he was scoring. Got to the point he couldnt even be bothered to celebrate them anymore.

The Blackburn one is my favourite.

One of my all time favourite footballers. Can watch his goals over and over again.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, April 3, 2009, 09:28:07 »

but fuck me was/is he ugly !!!

Wise men say........
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, April 3, 2009, 09:43:14 »

Hate Southampton, hate Le Tissier, I hope they go bust and get booted out the league.

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, April 3, 2009, 10:17:30 »

Hate Southampton, hate Le Tissier, I hope they go bust and get booted out the league.

Any reason why? How can anyone hate Le Tiss, a footballing genius!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, April 3, 2009, 10:43:01 »

Any reason why? How can anyone hate Le Tiss, a footballing genius!!
dunno why I hate le Tiss. I think it was just that I found him to be a lazy cunt of a footballer. As for southampton, mainly due to them always stealing our youngsters.

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, April 3, 2009, 10:48:58 »

dunno why I hate le Tiss. I think it was just that I found him to be a lazy cunt of a footballer. As for southampton, mainly due to them always stealing our youngsters.

Fair enough. You can't argue that despite being a lazy cunt he certainly had the talent to make something happen and was very loyal to the Saints - something we rarely see these days.

SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Friday, April 3, 2009, 10:54:40 »

Fair enough. You can't argue that despite being a lazy cunt he certainly had the talent to make something happen and was very loyal to the Saints - something we rarely see these days.
he certainly was loyal and had an eye for the spectacular goal. But he is still a cunt Cheesy

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Friday, April 3, 2009, 11:06:09 »

Never sure it was loyalty, more like he was afraid of moving away from what he knew, and tbh he was the big shark in the small Dell pond, which he probably wouldn't have been at mot other top flight clubs, he was given the licence there to do whatever he wanted, which would have been knocked out of him at say Liverpool.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, April 3, 2009, 11:07:35 »

he certainly was loyal and had an eye for the spectacular goal. But he is still a cunt Cheesy

And he has got a very big nose.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, April 3, 2009, 13:28:08 »

What got done to Luton and Rotherham was grotesquely unfair and doing the same to Southampton wouldn't make it more right. The problem is, as Andrew says, that the FL punish the wrong people, ie the club and hence the fans/players rather than the chancers who put them in this position. Wouldn't be at all surprised to find out this is just a phoenix flip scam like Bates pulled at Leeds - ie put the holding co into admin then a "new" consortium emerges from the wings to buy the club as an asset from the remains of the holding co for a nominal fee (£1 being the favourite). Then the holding co gets liquidated, and along with it any debts the club owes the holding co. Then looky here, turns out the "new" consortium is actually a couple of front men who "decide" to appoint Messrs Lowe and Wilde to the "new" board of the suddenly less indebted football club. If that does turn out to be the case, under current regs, the FL would almost certainly wallop Southampton the club. What they should be doing as a start point is ensuring that Lowe, the former directors of Luton and their ilk are never allowed to be involved in football again. In any capacity.

And some form of system of personal bonds, to be foreit on this kind of eventuality, might be more effective in deterring the cut'n'shut merchants of the football boardroom world.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, April 3, 2009, 14:33:02 »

At a lot of clubs the fans are as much to blame as the board as they all have un-reasonable expectations. It might be the board that sign the contracts to bring in players they can't afford in an attempt to get promotion, but the fans don't complain or argue until it all goes wrong.

Southampton are my second club (my dad and brother are big supporters) and I've been to loads of their games. But they've gone in to administration, their finances are a mess and they need to be punished the same as every other club has been over recent seasons.

Not that the points deductions have any real effect though. They need to put rules in place to stop clubs getting in to financial difficulties in the first place - more open accounting to start with and then financial controls on debt levels. With harsh penalties if they don't play by the rules - demotion to League 2 for example, banned from cup competitions etc.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, April 3, 2009, 15:12:49 »

Not that the points deductions have any real effect though. They need to put rules in place to stop clubs getting in to financial difficulties in the first place - more open accounting to start with and then financial controls on debt levels. With harsh penalties if they don't play by the rules - demotion to League 2 for example, banned from cup competitions etc.
But again, that punishes the clubs, the fans and the players when the people actually responsible for the mess just walk away scot-free. And, worryingly, free to do the same thing to another club.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, April 3, 2009, 15:32:20 »

But again, that punishes the clubs, the fans and the players when the people actually responsible for the mess just walk away scot-free. And, worryingly, free to do the same thing to another club.

This is the crux of the problem in my mind, that the football authorities have failed to come to grips
with over the years.Personally, i've always felt sorry for all of the clubs which have had points
deductions, from a fans perspective and have wanted those individuals to be held to account.

It's not just Bournemouth,Rotherham and Luton who have suffered recently,think back to Wrexham
and all of the shenanigans that went on there, with an owner who wanted to sell the ground to
developers and then to walk away.Back in the 80's we saw a similar thing almost happen with
Fulham and QPR involving one particular individual who jumped from one club to the other.

As a side note,this weekend Luton are taking almost 40,000 fans to Wembley for the JPT final.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, April 3, 2009, 16:25:28 »

In the case of Southampton, the majority of their financial problems were caused by the board that took over when Lowe was forced out. The fans played a major role in forcing Lowe out of the club which makes them partly responsible in my book. Again, its the demand and expectations of the fans which play a major role in a lot of clubs downfalls.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: