Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 41   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Season ticket sales  (Read 64320 times)
flammableBen

« Reply #330 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 12:33:23 »

i think your all being hopelessly optimistic, and we'll sell 4800

I think that you're being hopelessly optimistic and it'll turn out we've sold 12. They'll have counted some twice.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 13:03:47 »

I hope we can reach 5000 unfortunetly I can;t see us getting to 6000 but either way it is still a fantastic achievment to get to that amount
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 13:13:58 »

i don't think it is a fantastic achievement. Failure to match up with Port Vale has left me rather disappointed, and pissed off with the hoardes of stayaway fair weather fans who despite having most of their concerns dealt with (price, no Andy King/McMahon, board with integrity, no League 2) still can't be fucked, knowing full well if we get a big draw in a cup or happen to do well they'll be back claiming to have been Town through and through.

I think 5000 season tickets is a poor show.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 13:21:47 »

Recently we've had a shit team, shit ground (by that I mean atmosphere, food, general "CG experience), & a shit board.

Only the board has definitely changed for the better.  If one of the other two can change in the first few months of the season the "crowds" will come back, if both change then they'll definitely come back.

We need to get a buzz around the club from now on, and that can be generated by enhanced match day experience at the CG, or superb results on the pitch, or both.
flammableBen

« Reply #334 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 13:24:50 »

i don't think it is a fantastic achievement. Failure to match up with Port Vale has left me rather disappointed, and pissed off with the hoardes of stayaway fair weather fans who despite having most of their concerns dealt with (price, no Andy King/McMahon, board with integrity, no League 2) still can't be fucked, knowing full well if we get a big draw in a cup or happen to do well they'll be back claiming to have been Town through and through.

I think 5000 season tickets is a poor show.

Do these hoards of stayaways fair weather fans really exist though? Yeah our attendances will increase if we have a big cup draw, but in my experience these people don't claim to be hardcore fans; at most they might say they look out for our results. I think polarising fans into stay-aways and season ticket holders is oversimplifying things, the extra attendances at big games are mostly just people looking for a good afternoon out. They might come back for another game if it's good (which is great and should be encouraged), or they may not, but they don't have a responsibility to buy a season ticket just because there's an offer on.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 13:25:43 »

I know people are fickle - maybe a few signings may have generated a little more interest??
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 13:46:40 »

Whats this obsession with Port Vale? Why not compare with some of the other clubs in league two and league one, and see how we stand in the whole scheme of things.....
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 13:53:50 »

Whats this obsession with Port Vale? Why not compare with some of the other clubs in league two and league one, and see how we stand in the whole scheme of things.....

Mainly because they ran a similar scheme. As a club we like to think of ourselves as on an equal footing or better than them regarding our average home attendances. Vale should also be limited due to the average Stoke resident being more financially challenged than the average Swindon resident. They should find it harder picking up 'nuterals' given Stoke FC are a premiership club right on their doorstep.

We know Bradford and Huddersfield have sold shed loads but with (I think) far lower prices. I'm not sure of anyone else who has run a scheme like ours (other than Vale).
« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 13:55:42 by Batch » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 13:54:04 »

Because PV are a similar size club to us, who've opted to run a similar cheap season ticket offer.  In scientific terms it's a fair test.
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 13:59:25 »

What I am getting at before you all whip yourselves to death, put aside the offer for the minute, why not just simply look at it as "we have the x th  highest SDT ticket sales in League 0ne"...
you never know, we may be quite high....glass half full and all that...

I personally cant be arsed to dig out the figures for all the other clubs and check...if indeed we have the second lowest in league one or thereabouts, then yes I will agree, we currebtly have shite support...

LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 14:04:12 »

I just wanted to moan, and picked Port Vale because of the reasons above. We should have outsold them easy.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 14:10:47 »

port vale tickets were £183 with a 3 monthly option (over May,June and July) and their target was 5000 (Lorne St stand £20 more mind you)
14-18 £89
9-13  £45
u 9    free
That's a significantly cheap deal - notably u9s are free anyway on matchday tickets
How many of those would be youngsters - that would be an interesting comparison
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #342 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 16:08:31 »

I reckon most people are moaning because they're going to miss out on an even cheaper ticket  Tongue

Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 16:10:30 »

yeah and a free T shirt
JOHNNY REEVES

« Reply #344 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 18:03:12 »

and a decent left back.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 41   Go Up
Print
Jump to: