Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 41   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Season ticket sales  (Read 64311 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Monday, July 21, 2008, 11:40:03 »

Still working on it,how about

Late sales rush would be just the ticket for Town

Ooh, damn that's good. You should be a shoe-in.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Monday, July 21, 2008, 12:33:05 »

Whilst I still maintain we will do the 6,000, I can't help thinking that the club could have done more. I waqs dissapointted that there was no push at the Pompey game. A lot of newbies seemed to be there with Kids.... The ideal target audience. Ok it was mentioned over the tannoy, but most couldn't hear that anyway. Should have at least been handing out leaflets at the turnstiles.
It would also have been a good idea to have the ticket office open after the match. In fact it should be open after every match (as should the shop). (I had a job to spend anything at the Pompey game)
Finally, how much would it cost to run an advert on GWR ? & what about some volunteers leafleting their local streets.

From the Dark Side
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 09:07:08 »

Why isn't the shop open after the match? Orient open theirs after games (even midweek matches).  Why are we as a club turning away revenue.

Not only home fans may buy things in there after but neutral/away fans (maybe the slightly more geeky football fan) may buy items in the shop after a match.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 09:09:50 »

As far as I'm aware, the ticket office and shop are open after every home match (during the league season).
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 09:12:43 »

Ah, right, great. 
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 11:01:02 »

So just over 600 to go to get to 5,000, which would be a great achievement imo, anythin over 4,500 would be good though.  As others have said 6,000 always seemed a little bit too many but if we could crack 5,000 I'd be well happy.

Really need a final 10 day push to get the 60 a day average.

I know that not every ST is £229/269, but for the purpose of illustrating a point, if we reach 5108 (which seems within reach) that is the same total wonga @ £269 as 6000 @ £229. So how about a tiered discount scheme for the final week?:-

5300 = £259
5500 = £249
5750 = £239
6000 = £229

All giving nigh on the same total.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 11:05:36 »

Either way, money a side not shifting 6,000 shows us how poorly supported we really are.

Less season tickets than Port Vale and less than a 3rd of what Huddersfield have sold. Pathetic really.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 11:15:12 »

7548 for the Pompey friendly may be an indicator of better things to come. And as far as I'm aware PV and 'udders have never been Greek tragedies. Town still have a lot of affection to win back or attract.

Like this new board, TEF I mean ... how do you get your avatar back?
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 11:20:23 »

Either way, money a side not shifting 6,000 shows us how poorly supported we really are.

Less season tickets than Port Vale and less than a 3rd of what Huddersfield have sold. Pathetic really.
That assumes we won't shift the 6,000. I still think we will, although I think we have missed some opportunities to move more

From the Dark Side
flammableBen

« Reply #324 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 11:43:47 »

That assumes we won't shift the 6,000. I still think we will, although I think we have missed some opportunities to move more

I'm not so sure. Yeah they've missed opportunities, especially if what people are saying about there being nothing at the Pompey friendly is true. But when do you get into diminishing returns on something like this? It's not like it hasn't be mentioned or advertised at all, there may well be people who don't know they are cheap, but are they the same sort of people who are likely to invest in a season ticket?

Unfortunately the club never managed to generate an exiting bubble around the offer. Something which other clubs seem to have done. I'd put this down to years of distrust and negativity surrounding the club within the town over the last several years. It's not something you can instantly turn round with a sexy season ticket offer. And new holders are always going to be a bit harder in a town where few people have any ties to the place.

Reeling people back in with Match Day Ticket offers is always going to be a better way of hooking back in support. Much more accessible, without a big 23 Saturday/evening commitment.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 11:45:55 »

lets be honest, £200+ is still a lot for a two part payment

Things get better but they never get good

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 11:53:27 »

its not a faliure to reach 6000 imo.the town end tickets were not at an attractive enough price for alot of those who go in there to buy one.there are other reasons too which have been argued over and over which come into play.but i am confident that with the already increased sales on previous years,and a decent start to the season, we will get good gates this season.
flammableBen

« Reply #327 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 11:58:18 »

its not a faliure to reach 6000 imo.the town end tickets were not at an attractive enough price for alot of those who go in there to buy one.there are other reasons too which have been argued over and over which come into play.but i am confident that with the already increased sales on previous years,and a decent start to the season, we will get good gates this season.

I agree arriba. But there's no harm in analysing the situation. And anyway, as Phil says (although I think he's more confident of it that anybody else), we could still make it yet. I'm sure they'll be a big deadline approaching story in the adver.

The deadline is July 31st ya? A Thursday? Does that mean people who get paid the last Thursday of the month aren't getting paid until the 31st? That must be a bit of a cunt.
Lumps

« Reply #328 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 12:29:19 »

I've got a feeling that the queues will be mental this weekend and at the Cardiff game next week.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 12:32:15 »

i think your all being hopelessly optimistic, and we'll sell 4800

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 41   Go Up
Print
Jump to: