Pages: 1 ... 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 ... 448   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Films films filmsy films.  (Read 1238473 times)
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #1725 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2009, 19:17:26 »

watched city of ember today, childrens film but really enjoyed it, if anything it could have been another 20 minutes, seemed to end rather too quickly.

Watched that the other day, good stuff it was too. Only took an interest in it when I read it had Bill Murray in but turned out to be pretty good.
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #1726 on: Thursday, June 25, 2009, 12:02:38 »

So, transformers last night was pretty much what I expected. Fun to watch at the cinema, good CGI, lots of action... Not a brilliant plot but I didn't really get bored.

I'd read the bad reviews and although I've got the first one on dvd, I don't think it's that good so I went with low expectations and didn't take it seriously. I have to say though, there is some pretty ridiculous stuff in this film.

Here is a selection of some of the most outrageous stuff...

* Megan Fox wearing extreme amounts of lip gloss
*Shia LeBouf getting straddled by a species-esque deceptacon
* A comic duo of transformers who talk in black accents\slang
* An old transformer with a walking stick who talks in a northern accent and says "bollocks"
* Megan Fox carrying a little transformer around like it is a Paris Hilton style chiuaua
* 4 or 5 robots combine in an ultra-mega tranformer that then begins hoovers up half the sahara desert
* Oh yeah btw transformers can teleport.
* The crazy conspiracy theory dude (think the dad from Independence Day) character radios to warships in the ocean who have no idea who he is and asks them to launch a top secret weapon in order to "save a gazillion lives"
* Transformers fight on (and trash) the great pyramid
« Last Edit: Thursday, June 25, 2009, 14:10:19 by Spy » Logged
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #1727 on: Thursday, June 25, 2009, 12:14:42 »

I also watched Transformers last night. Thought a certain part of the film dragged, then once that got resolved the conclusion of the film went far too quickly.

Was a good fun filled action packed film though. Agent Simmons (conspiracy theory guy) and the voice of Jetfire (the old transformer) are both played by John Turturro.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #1728 on: Thursday, June 25, 2009, 12:17:36 »

John Turturro.

"Let me tell you something, pendejo. You pull any of your crazy shit with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you, stick it up your ass and pull the fucking trigger 'til it goes click..... nobody fucks with the Jesus."
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #1729 on: Thursday, June 25, 2009, 12:26:00 »

A classic film and who could also forget the wonderful tv series Monk?

On an aside I see Jeff Bridges is to be in a film called The Giver. Anyone ever read this? Seemed to copy a fair bit from Nineteen Eighty-Four.

On another aside, I will watch The Wrestler tonight.
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #1730 on: Thursday, June 25, 2009, 12:40:20 »

Was a good fun filled action packed film though

Not everyone thought so...

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/reviews/transformers-revenge-of-the-fallen-michael-bay-147-mins-12abrgigantic-matt-aselton-97-mins-15-1711232.html  Eek

What part did you think dragged?

1984 has influenced a lot of sci-fi.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #1731 on: Thursday, June 25, 2009, 13:30:28 »

So, transformers last night was pretty much what I expected. Fun to watch at the cinema, good CGI, lots of action... Not a brilliant plot but I didn't really get bored.

I'm looking forward to that. I am sure that I'd enjoy as I'll take it as it is: Action + big robots + explosions and stuff.

Just watched wall_E again with my little girl. It is actually a good little movie, with a nice story that is cleverly done.
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #1732 on: Thursday, June 25, 2009, 13:40:48 »

I've had Wall-E downloaded for a while but haven't watched it. Tried to start once but put something else on instead. I've only heard good things about it but for some reason I've got it into my head I'd find it too slow\boring.
flammableBen

« Reply #1733 on: Thursday, June 25, 2009, 13:50:13 »

Wall-E was the best film released last year.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #1734 on: Thursday, June 25, 2009, 13:53:51 »

Wall-e was one of the rare occasions Ive been to the cinema with the daughter and not fallen asleep.

Great film. 

Never knowingly overstated.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #1735 on: Thursday, June 25, 2009, 13:55:45 »

I'll try not to give anything away...The bit before the very end, with the pillars.

Spy

Ignore
« Reply #1736 on: Thursday, June 25, 2009, 14:08:15 »

I think my bad impression came from a review I read where it was said not much happens or theres no speaking or something for the first 20mins... but the same review gave the film 4 or maybe even 5 stars and I don't even think they meant it as a criticism.
Gelbfüßler

Was gücksch?

Ignore
« Reply #1737 on: Thursday, June 25, 2009, 14:11:12 »

Wall-E was the best film released last year.

What he said, absolutely quality film.

Wir lassen uns unsere Liebe nicht nehmen
Nicht von den Bullen und nicht vom DFB
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #1738 on: Thursday, June 25, 2009, 14:36:37 »

I've had Wall-E downloaded for a while but haven't watched it. Tried to start once but put something else on instead. I've only heard good things about it but for some reason I've got it into my head I'd find it too slow\boring.

It is a slow starter.

Having said that, it is one of those movies where the beginning is the best bit once you know the story. It is also very re-watchable.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #1739 on: Thursday, June 25, 2009, 14:39:43 »

I'm d/ling Wall-E now off the back of this, I'd best enjoy it... Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 ... 448   Go Up
Print
Jump to: