Pages: 1 ... 3474 3475 3476 [3477] 3478 3479 3480 ... 3964   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8868225 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #52140 on: Wednesday, June 7, 2023, 16:29:42 »

Probably right mate... so many imponderables (as a wise man once said)... i.e stuff we can never possibly know... I just like to err on the side of optimism... Sometimes they come off...

"The optimist and the pessimist always end up in the same place. The optimist just has a better time getting there"...

No i'm totally with you there. There are so many factors to take into consideration. Morrison is from Plymouth so you can't rule out the possibility he might want to come back south as he gets closer to retirement.

Unfortunately I guess a footballers career is quite short so money is going to be an important consideration, especially for those that are not in the 'elite' bracket.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #52141 on: Wednesday, June 7, 2023, 16:33:59 »

Or is ultimately disappointed 😉
I'd rather have that optimistic high then live with the disappointment (which I'll get over pretty quickly.... I've had loads of practice!) than be a miserable bastard and always think the worst. Either way, I don't get a choice, that's just how. I'm wired🙂🤦
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #52142 on: Wednesday, June 7, 2023, 16:55:08 »

Morrison is from Plymouth so you can't rule out the possibility he might want to come back south as he gets closer to retirement.

I think football fans put too much emphasis on players wanting to return to where they are from, it's a small anecdotal survey but literally none of my friends have moved back home after moving away for work/university.

Probably more accurate way of looking at it is where his Missus is from and/or where he has spent most of his career living?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #52143 on: Wednesday, June 7, 2023, 17:00:25 »

I think football fans put too much emphasis on players wanting to return to where they are from, it's a small anecdotal survey but literally none of my friends have moved back home after moving away for work/university.

Probably more accurate way of looking at it is where his Missus is from and/or where he has spent most of his career living?
Indeed... On that very point which you quite rightly made... 278 appearances for Cardiff makes me think that perhaps he's bought a very nice house in that area and maybe his family are settlled there... Not a million miles from SN1...
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #52144 on: Wednesday, June 7, 2023, 17:02:29 »

We just need to keep talking about it and we will make it happen 😂
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #52145 on: Thursday, June 8, 2023, 07:54:13 »

If we signed Morrison, I’d really believe we’re serious this season.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #52146 on: Thursday, June 8, 2023, 08:06:49 »

I'm thinking that the 'who do you think of when we show this kit' is just a way of the club to interact with the fans on twitter/SM whilst there isn't a lot happening. we'll see if Morrison or Hal Robson-Kanu come through the door and prove me wrong! Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #52147 on: Thursday, June 8, 2023, 10:31:12 »

Nathan Thompson signs for Stevenage.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #52148 on: Thursday, June 8, 2023, 10:37:37 »

Good, he's shit, past it and we should never ever ever look back. etc etc.

adje

Ignore
« Reply #52149 on: Thursday, June 8, 2023, 10:48:47 »

Good luck to him. Just their sort of player I think

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #52150 on: Thursday, June 8, 2023, 10:53:54 »

I know players think differently to us that have never actually been involved in the professional game but I just can't see any scenario where I'd consider joining any organisation where I'd be answering to Steve Evans.  I'm so glad he's never been in our dugout, despite any success he's found elsewhere, I really hope it stays that way in the future.
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #52151 on: Thursday, June 8, 2023, 10:58:52 »

I know players think differently to us that have never actually been involved in the professional game but I just can't see any scenario where I'd consider joining any organisation where I'd be answering to Steve Evans.  I'm so glad he's never been in our dugout, despite any success he's found elsewhere, I really hope it stays that way in the future.

I’ve thought about this a bit before and whilst he’s a character with an obvious past and tendencies to rile up opposition fans, we’ve only ever experienced him from an opposition fans point of view. I wonder if it would be different if he was our manager and we had to look at it differently. I reckon opposing fans probably had similar views of Di Canio here with all the theatrics and extras that wind up opposition fans but we loved him here. Although I understand there are distinct differences between the two.

Either way, both views are completely different to a player playing under him and it could be that for the most part he’s a decent manager to play under. Who knows.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #52152 on: Thursday, June 8, 2023, 11:05:38 »

I know players think differently to us that have never actually been involved in the professional game but I just can't see any scenario where I'd consider joining any organisation where I'd be answering to Steve Evans.  I'm so glad he's never been in our dugout, despite any success he's found elsewhere, I really hope it stays that way in the future.

I would hope that the actual persona that is in the dugout is not a reflection of the man in 'real life'. Obviously that's how he will ultimately be judged as an opposition fan and I don't think he would be someone i'd like to work for based on that, but he does get results, and for a Professional athlete, that's often the be all and end all.

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #52153 on: Thursday, June 8, 2023, 11:13:42 »

There was a video of the Crawley players after he left that certainly implied he wasn’t popular

Things get better but they never get good
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #52154 on: Thursday, June 8, 2023, 13:21:25 »

Disappointed no Nathan Thompson. No idea if we were ever seriously in for him though.
Pages: 1 ... 3474 3475 3476 [3477] 3478 3479 3480 ... 3964   Go Up
Print
Jump to: