Pages: 1 ... 3445 3446 3447 [3448] 3449 3450 3451 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8973610 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #51705 on: Friday, May 12, 2023, 08:56:13 »

Someone like Joshua Umerah from Hartlepool is top of my list for the type of player we need. A big battering ram to occupy a few defenders.
He did score 12 goals in a shit Hartlepool side but he looked like Adeloye when we played them, an absolute donkey with no control of his limbs, a poor mans John Akinde.

I would hope we can go for better than him.

I would agree that someone LIKE him would be good, but not him.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #51706 on: Friday, May 12, 2023, 08:57:46 »

Corrected.

I think he will score goals in L2 under the right style and tactics.

I'll be shocked to see it - he'll be at Torquay within a couple years
Peter Venkman

« Reply #51707 on: Friday, May 12, 2023, 09:00:50 »

I'll be shocked to see it - he'll be at Torquay within a couple years
Wrexham are said to be interested according to their forum, I do think he has goals in him, certainly at this level.

Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #51708 on: Friday, May 12, 2023, 09:02:33 »

Can we have a Wrexham klaxon every time they get a mention as being interested in someone?!
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #51709 on: Friday, May 12, 2023, 09:03:12 »

Wrexham are said to be interested according to their forum, I do think he has goals in him, certainly at this level.
He's currently having talks with FGR too according to one of his family members. Imagine he will get a decent L2 move based off of his name and prior form alone. Will likely be a make or break move wherever he ends up.
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #51710 on: Friday, May 12, 2023, 09:05:09 »

Umerah would be decent. He's strong and physical and much more like Simpson than any other striker we've had since.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #51711 on: Friday, May 12, 2023, 09:05:36 »

*I'm not including Charlie in that. He is anything but 'middling lower league' and I really hope he stays so MF can build the team around him...

I would like to see Austin staying, but I think building a team around a player that can't last 90 minutes and will probably struggle to play in >75% of games would be rather risky.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #51712 on: Friday, May 12, 2023, 09:06:41 »

Umerah was absolutely shite when we played them. If that is the level we are aiming at we can look forward to the National League in a year.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #51713 on: Friday, May 12, 2023, 09:07:48 »

Can we have a Wrexham klaxon every time they get a mention as being interested in someone?!

With the number of players who are apparently certain to go there for the money it appears that their squad next season will be bigger than Forest's is this season!
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #51714 on: Friday, May 12, 2023, 09:08:03 »

Umerah was absolutely shite when we played them. If that is the level we are aiming at we can look forward to the National League in a year.

Agreed. Some of these shouts  Cheesy
Peter Venkman

« Reply #51715 on: Friday, May 12, 2023, 09:10:33 »

This. No better than Adeloye.

JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #51716 on: Friday, May 12, 2023, 09:14:41 »

FWIW I was really disappointed to not see Adeloye given a few games in a row. Yes he looked crap, but it's hard to make much of an impact with the very little time he had on the pitch.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #51717 on: Friday, May 12, 2023, 09:17:40 »

FWIW I was really disappointed to not see Adeloye given a few games in a row. Yes he looked crap, but it's hard to make much of an impact with the very little time he had on the pitch.

It really makes no sense, especially if we are led to believe that he was a Sandro signing and that Sandro was providing Lindsey and possibly Morris with a list of players to choose from that clearly didn't include him!

Either way, neither Lindsey, Morris nor Mad Gav have fancied him, which tells a tale.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #51718 on: Friday, May 12, 2023, 09:22:46 »

Yet we persisted in playing a player who was only on loan to us from L1.

Yes Adeloye looked shocking at times but he came to us with Ayr fans saying he is a big target man, almost a battering ram type of player like Umerah. But we still didnt play him, especially as he is still contracted for another season at Town. At least put him in the shop window.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #51719 on: Friday, May 12, 2023, 09:31:08 »

Morris clearly had sidelined him unfortunately so when it got to the end of the season when we should have been giving our fringe players a chance, he got nowhere near the team. I personally would have liked to have seen more minutes of him as well.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 3445 3446 3447 [3448] 3449 3450 3451 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: