Pages: 1 ... 3458 3459 3460 [3461] 3462 3463 3464 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8968327 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #51900 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 08:32:44 »

After all the shit we’ve had I cannot believe that people wouldn’t want him back. That season under Cooper he was immense. A massive fuck up to play him at Wembley but with experience on his side I can see him being a really good fit in L2, as long as his injury record isn’t too bad.

Short memories and a habit of our fans to only remember the bad attributes of a player once they have decided to move on..  jilted lover syndrome.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #51901 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 08:33:01 »

It as the Trust fella on here who first mentioned NT.

Can’t see LT and Kinsella in the same team, though.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #51902 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 09:06:50 »

Rumour in the local press is they have an option for another year which they will exercise so they can get a fee for him.
NT for free, yes please, for a fee, no thank you.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #51903 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 09:14:33 »

Fair enough, hasn’t been reported here yet
Peterbough local rag stating the retained list will be announced before the weekend but nothing so far, as of this morning.

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-united/the-changes-darren-ferguson-would-make-if-he-stays-at-peterborough-united-4155057

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #51904 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 09:32:01 »

Peterbough local rag stating the retained list will be announced before the weekend but nothing so far, as of this morning.

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-united/the-changes-darren-ferguson-would-make-if-he-stays-at-peterborough-united-4155057

Because of this I assume their forum is full of fans stating what a shambles the club is?  Wink Cheesy
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #51905 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 09:34:47 »

Their forum is deader than Rolf Harris
Peter Venkman

« Reply #51906 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 09:39:13 »

Their forum is deader than Rolf Harris
For a club of probably fairly comparable size to us ther forum is shite.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #51907 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 09:53:50 »

Posh are more pox size. Smaller.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #51908 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 11:00:02 »

Short memories and a habit of our fans to only remember the bad attributes of a player once they have decided to move on..  jilted lover syndrome.
More like the other way round. Players that are criticised while here usually become sadly missed a year(or sooner)afterwards. Personally I never thought NT was as half as good as most fans seemed to think when he was here, Swindon bred( football wise) and one fist pump against the Shitty notwithstanding.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Peter Venkman

« Reply #51909 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 11:19:27 »

More like the other way round. Players that are criticised while here usually become sadly missed a year(or sooner)afterwards. Personally I never thought NT was as half as good as most fans seemed to think when he was here, Swindon bred( football wise) and one fist pump against the Shitty notwithstanding.
I think it comes down to whether people pick up on the good side or bad side of players.

Often the obvious faulys in players is overlooked for the good things they did and visa versa.

If you were a fan of a player when he was here then you will wish his return, and exactly the opposite is true as well.

For me sometimes with ex players its "better the devil you know" but that doesnt mean I hanker for ex players to return unless I feel they have unfinished business with us.

adje

Ignore
« Reply #51910 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 11:30:09 »

I think it comes down to whether people pick up on the good side or bad side of players.

Often the obvious faulys in players is overlooked for the good things they did and visa versa.

If you were a fan of a player when he was here then you will wish his return, and exactly the opposite is true as well.

For me sometimes with ex players its "better the devil you know" but that doesnt mean I hanker for ex players to return unless I feel they have unfinished business with us.
Of course mate. The only ex player's return I'd "hanker for" is probably James Milner!🙂

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #51911 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 12:29:39 »

I'd love to get the Thompsons back. Those two and Austin firing us to promotion. Yes please.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #51912 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 12:33:19 »

Pompey fans on Louis Thompson.

What went wrong with Thompson? I seem to recall he started off well..

I rate Thompson but I think our central midfield is very strong and the money is better spend elsewhere. Can't imagine he comes cheap.

I must admit I am a bit surprised that Thompson & Reid are not being retained. I know there is more creativity needed in our midfield and that Thompson is not that type of player but, I think, he is handy when the team needs to dig in. He offers the brawn when its needed and he is a good player as well. There again, I suppose, with the new players coming in Midfield will be fairly stocked.

As for Thompson I think, from what I have seen, he seemed to be the same player and will quite likely stay at this level.

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #51913 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 12:43:44 »

I'd seen a few on twitter saying Louis hasn't been as bad with injuries lately too.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #51914 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 12:45:51 »

I'd seen a few on twitter saying Louis hasn't been as bad with injuries lately too.

Yeah, was out from a nasty tackle rather than continual breakdowns. According to their fans.
Pages: 1 ... 3458 3459 3460 [3461] 3462 3463 3464 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: