Pages: 1 ... 3292 3293 3294 [3295] 3296 3297 3298 ... 4031   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9278526 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #49410 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2022, 13:10:19 »

If Lindsey and Sandro took a punt on Tomi Adeloye who aged 26 had never made an impact previously at a couple of football league clubs and is yet to score a goal at league level.....

YET......  

Both don't think a punt on somebody who has scored nearly 200 goals at league level and well over 30 at Premier League level and who has made the England international squad too a few years back is worth the risk then I am sorry but I do not respect their judgement on signings at all.

Injury history or not, surely hes worth a gamble, we only have to foot his wages for 6 months anyway not like its a season of wage contributions.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #49411 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2022, 13:16:20 »

If you think of the team that went up with Wellens a few years back we are currently a shadow of that time.
I was fortunate to be in the UK and watched 5 games live including Orient away.
Town played that day with swagger the football was exciting  fast aggressive football.
Think the Beast made his first appearance there
Doyle Yates Igoe with an inform Conroy and Baudry to name but a few
Woolery scored as well.
If the current DOF and Manager thinks we are good now... They would think we were Argentina 4 years ago.
My point is simple this current team does not seem to have a winning feel about.
Whether its injury problems or lack of imagination its just not happening.
Sorry Clem this  situation won't fix itself either.
Time to either piss or get off the pot and move on.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #49412 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2022, 13:31:24 »

FWIW, Ryan Whelan a journo who was on the ball with the McKirdy transfer has tweeted:

"Internal Sources State:

The rumours that Sandro etc have said no to the transfer are untrue. NO-ONE at the club has said no. We are still in December and have a strategy for the January Window, whether Charlie Austin is involved in that strategy or not is currently not known. But the rumours regarding internal push back and disagreements have been completely rejected. It's felt that rumours are being used to destabilise the club and are used as a weapon against Sandro"

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
I JBZelieve We Will Win
JBZ reborn

Ignore
« Reply #49413 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2022, 13:38:30 »

FWIW, Ryan Whelan a journo who was on the ball with the McKirdy transfer has tweeted:

"Internal Sources State:

The rumours that Sandro etc have said no to the transfer are untrue. NO-ONE at the club has said no. We are still in December and have a strategy for the January Window, whether Charlie Austin is involved in that strategy or not is currently not known. But the rumours regarding internal push back and disagreements have been completely rejected. It's felt that rumours are being used to destabilise the club and are used as a weapon against Sandro"

Interesting
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #49414 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2022, 13:54:25 »

who, why, what

marvellous
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #49415 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2022, 14:02:25 »

So we need to watch this space with hope the management of the club got a handle on the future.

Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #49416 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2022, 14:03:38 »

If you think of the team that went up with Wellens a few years back we are currently a shadow of that time.
I was fortunate to be in the UK and watched 5 games live including Orient away.
Town played that day with swagger the football was exciting  fast aggressive football.
Think the Beast made his first appearance there
Doyle Yates Igoe with an inform Conroy and Baudry to name but a few
Woolery scored as well.
If the current DOF and Manager thinks we are good now... They would think we were Argentina 4 years ago.
My point is simple this current team does not seem to have a winning feel about.
Whether its injury problems or lack of imagination its just not happening.
Sorry Clem this  situation won't fix itself either.
Time to either piss or get off the pot and move on.

Don’t remember Sammy Igoe and Jerel Ifil playing in the Wellens side.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #49417 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2022, 14:13:25 »

so who is lying? Pages of responses to Sandro and Lindsey refusing CA apparently not true.

DMC any response to Ryan Whelan statement?
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #49418 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2022, 14:55:51 »

Quagmire
Suggest you are right
I did mean Grant and Isgrove and thinking about it  Anderson scored and not Wooley.
Must be old age😉
DMC

« Reply #49419 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2022, 14:57:55 »

so who is lying? Pages of responses to Sandro and Lindsey refusing CA apparently not true.

DMC any response to Ryan Whelan statement?
Not really mate tbh no. I still believe Charlie Austin would have signed for us 3/4 weeks ago, I still believe that Clem rates him and the financials are not a problem.

Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #49420 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2022, 15:46:58 »

"Internal Sources State:

Re. the last part, wasn’t it the ‘Broadbent lounge’ breaking ranks to tell everyone about this? If true then I wonder if their cosy access will be revoked. Fair play to them if so, as they are often accused of being in the clubs pocket so this dispels that.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #49421 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2022, 16:00:16 »

If I was Sandro, with my limited job specific history to fall back on, I'd be more worried about my performance delivery than some rumours to be honest.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #49422 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2022, 16:10:02 »

Not really mate tbh no. I still believe Charlie Austin would have signed for us 3/4 weeks ago, I still believe that Clem rates him and the financials are not a problem.

the manager and head of recruitment have made it clear you are not wanted

the way the 2 of them have dealt with it has been really unprofessional and rude.

As of yesterday lunch time CA had an offer from Rovers on the table. He met Clem in Brisbane a month ago and Clem was happy to approve deal. As if yesterday the guys on the footballing side said they don't want him. No suprise that they may be persuaded.

He would play for a normal league 2 wage

These are very much in the know, from the horses mouth quotes that you have been writing. I'm sure you wouldn't say how you know these. But can you confirm that what Ryan Whelan says is definitely not true?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #49423 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2022, 16:10:39 »

Can't wait for the outrage if Mr Austin doesn't sign for us.

Twitter will pop.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #49424 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2022, 16:30:01 »

Can't wait for the outrage if Mr Austin doesn't sign for us.

Twitter will pop.
I can just picture it now…scarf jointly held aloft with Mr Barton Popcorn
Pages: 1 ... 3292 3293 3294 [3295] 3296 3297 3298 ... 4031   Go Up
Print
Jump to: