Pages: 1 ... 3108 3109 3110 [3111] 3112 3113 3114 ... 4010   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9215991 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #46650 on: Saturday, July 2, 2022, 07:49:00 »

Looks like we’re trying.

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/20251223.swindon-town-sent-incredible-offer-jack-payne-convince-re-sign/
Freddies Ferret 2.0

Ignore
« Reply #46651 on: Saturday, July 2, 2022, 08:24:26 »

Do we think we have actually put in a better offer than those in leagues above us so the conundrum for payne is more money lower level or less money league 1 football?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #46652 on: Saturday, July 2, 2022, 08:34:51 »

Do we think we have actually put in a better offer than those in leagues above us so the conundrum for payne is more money lower level or less money league 1 football?

He’s a footballer.
His consideration will be money. I can’t imagine he’ll care what division he’d be playing in.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #46653 on: Saturday, July 2, 2022, 08:47:16 »

But he did say, IIRC, that he wanted to settle, so if the terms offered are as good as last season, that might tip the balance for him.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #46654 on: Saturday, July 2, 2022, 08:48:32 »

Make him club captain as well - not sure whether that would have any real impact on him signing or not but give it a go!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #46655 on: Saturday, July 2, 2022, 08:51:23 »

There is trying and then there is Swindon trying.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #46656 on: Saturday, July 2, 2022, 08:53:00 »

He’s a footballer.
His consideration will be money. I can’t imagine he’ll care what division he’d be playing in.

More importantly he's a lower league footballer who's at an age when it's probably dawned on him that the big time of the PL and the upper reaches of the Championship may not be achievable for him.

In those circumstances, where progress up the league's seems less likely to offer the chance of one big contract to set you up for life,  you've got to maximise your earnings on every contract, if your post 35 life isn't going to see you end up as a cabbie or a postman, which is unlikely to support your lifestyle and pay the mortgage.

..never go back.
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #46657 on: Saturday, July 2, 2022, 09:00:33 »

It was an incredible offer in the words of SdM, as mentioned on here before he comes across as a spiv and to date I have seen little substance in what he has communicated, therefore I'm taking this with a heavy pinch of salt. The cynic in me says that this is a statement to nullify the backlash when Payne doesn't sign by vilifying Payne as greedy

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #46658 on: Saturday, July 2, 2022, 09:03:07 »

I’ll reserve judgement until it becomes blindingly apparent we’ve assembled a right shit squad.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #46659 on: Saturday, July 2, 2022, 09:32:25 »

but not really quantifiable. Just subjective.

It could be top end league 2, it could be half of what other top league 2 teams can offer.

I think he'll pop up in league 1. if someone like Charlton offered similar wage (maybe better bonus)  to us he's got to be mad not to.

if he were to end up here, that would be a massive sign of intent. I've written off those chances long ago
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #46660 on: Saturday, July 2, 2022, 09:49:40 »

But he did say, IIRC, that he wanted to settle, so if the terms offered are as good as last season, that might tip the balance for him.

Yeah but ‘wants to settle’ is all bullshit sound bites to appease the fans. How many footballers can you name that turned down more money or a higher division because they were ‘settled’ in the area?

Just a load of crap like ‘believe in the project’ and other such nonsense.

Footballers care about money, nothing else..:.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #46661 on: Saturday, July 2, 2022, 10:08:24 »

It was an incredible offer in the words of SdM, as mentioned on here before he comes across as a spiv and to date I have seen little substance in what he has communicated, therefore I'm taking this with a heavy pinch of salt. The cynic in me says that this is a statement to nullify the backlash when Payne doesn't sign by vilifying Payne as greedy
This is the reason I wouldn't give interviews. 
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #46662 on: Saturday, July 2, 2022, 10:23:53 »

The way I read it is that Payne is probably 90% off but Sandro's press release is an attempt to try and cut some slack from fans. I.e say at least we've done our part, but Jack hasn't.

May have been better off saying nothing.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #46663 on: Saturday, July 2, 2022, 10:39:21 »

The way I read it is that Payne is probably 90% off but Sandro's press release is an attempt to try and cut some slack from fans. I.e say at least we've done our part, but Jack hasn't.

May have been better off saying nothing.

No win situation.

We say nothing & fans will claim we didn’t make enough effort to get him to stay and moan like fuck
We say something & fans will claim it’s just a token effort to make it look like we’ve made him a good offer when we haven’t and moan like fuck
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #46664 on: Saturday, July 2, 2022, 10:45:19 »

No win situation.

We say nothing & fans will claim we didn’t make enough effort to get him to stay and moan like fuck
We say something & fans will claim it’s just a token effort to make it look like we’ve made him a good offer when we haven’t and moan like fuck

Yeah that's fair. I suppose by coming out at least we are bing 'open and transparent'

Pages: 1 ... 3108 3109 3110 [3111] 3112 3113 3114 ... 4010   Go Up
Print
Jump to: