Pages: 1 ... 3103 3104 3105 [3106] 3107 3108 3109 ... 3964   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8869272 times)
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #46575 on: Thursday, June 30, 2022, 21:54:50 »

If he goes to Pompey or Charlton, then fair enough.

I'll find it incredibly hard to take if he rocks up at Crawley.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #46576 on: Thursday, June 30, 2022, 21:55:03 »

Have we ever been able to keep a star player, especially one whose contract is coming to an end? Evidence clearly indicates that we can’t compete with Charlton this close season so anyone getting angry if Payne heads to the Valley has got to reassess their expectations about the club.

The last regime was Lee power, so if you wanna take transfers and keeping players seriously in that regime then crack on.

Nobody mentioned getting angry about charlton.

Let’s see some ambition. Because the last few signings are the furthest thing from ambition. Take a look round us and see what other clubs are doing 👍.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #46577 on: Thursday, June 30, 2022, 21:57:50 »

When Power took over he talked a lot about running the club in a sustainable way, how did that work out?
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #46578 on: Thursday, June 30, 2022, 22:21:12 »

When Power took over he talked a lot about running the club in a sustainable way, how did that work out?

Bang on.

The same LP that paid nothing for players, sold them, pocketed the cash, told us it’s being reinvested as wages and loans ain’t cheap whilst ensuring we have a brand new squad every season with 5 academy loans….

The joys
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #46579 on: Thursday, June 30, 2022, 22:47:04 »

The last regime was Lee power, so if you wanna take transfers and keeping players seriously in that regime then crack on.

Nobody mentioned getting angry about charlton.

Let’s see some ambition. Because the last few signings are the furthest thing from ambition. Take a look round us and see what other clubs are doing 👍.

You said if there isn’t room to keep star players then god help us.

Devine intervention isn’t going to stop Payne or any other out of contract player bettering themselves elsewhere. Fuck me, I’m sure we’d all like to see some ambitious signings that indicate we’re going for a top three finish but evidence so far suggests this isn’t going to happen. Of course there’s plenty of time to replicate a Williams or two, but I just can’t be arsed to get exercised about the prospect of not re-signing an out of contract player who is likely to advance their career and increase their bank balance elsewhere.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #46580 on: Friday, July 1, 2022, 05:25:25 »

Payne is a good player, undoubtedly, and I’d rather we kept him than not

BUT

We had him last year and didn’t go up. We had him the year before and got relegated. None of the promoted teams last year had a jack Payne

Sign a decent replacement, or a decent squad that performs to a higher level than last year, and it won’t matter where Payne is. And we won’t know if we have succeeded in that for a few months

Things get better but they never get good
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #46581 on: Friday, July 1, 2022, 05:38:52 »

With some of the grumblings on here about Clem being a broke ass bitch (eyes on Mango) can someone clear this up. Have we not cleared some of the debt to lift the embargo and are the accounts not looking a lot healthier now? Is that not down to Clem putting money into the club or is it the attendances and FL loan? I have no idea.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #46582 on: Friday, July 1, 2022, 06:08:16 »

Leicester forum now saying it’s not Braybrooke cos he’s still on holiday - or, at least, he was when that pic appeared.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #46583 on: Friday, July 1, 2022, 06:28:15 »

miles.

I think the embargo was lifting anyway. But yes the external debts have cleared considerably.
---
What's not clear is what the internal debt is, because the accounts for this season won't be out until next year.

If it turns out we (the club) owes Clem money there's nothing wrong with that. Well, unless he's charging 40% of something, but I most sincerely doubt that!
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #46584 on: Friday, July 1, 2022, 06:33:48 »

miles.

I think the embargo was lifting anyway. But yes the external debts have cleared considerably.
---
What's not clear is what the internal debt is, because the accounts for this season won't be out until next year.

If it turns out we (the club) owes Clem money there's nothing wrong with that. Well, unless he's charging 40% of something, but I most sincerely doubt that!

The embargo was caused by the club taking EFL loans, the embargo only lasted for 1 season.  Which is why the club doesn't need to pay it off before the 4 years are up. 
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #46585 on: Friday, July 1, 2022, 06:56:13 »

If it hasn't clicked for some of you, the goal, the aim and the most important thing is the long term sustainability, which means clearing debts, maintain a budget, Not spunking money on one player. 

Now I have seen grumblings about the transfer policy with our incomings so far, It's still early in the pre season, contracts have only just ended at clubs up and down the country, oh and the transfer window doesn't shut till September, we have only just ticked into july FFS!

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #46586 on: Friday, July 1, 2022, 07:05:28 »

If it hasn't clicked for some of you, the goal, the aim and the most important thing is the long term sustainability, which means clearing debts, maintain a budget, Not spunking money on one player. 

Now I have seen grumblings about the transfer policy with our incomings so far, It's still early in the pre season, contracts have only just ended at clubs up and down the country, oh and the transfer window doesn't shut till September, we have only just ticked into july FFS!

HOW DARE YOU POINT THIS OUT! You are absolutely on the money, as you were, stand easy.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #46587 on: Friday, July 1, 2022, 07:10:08 »

Positive post and doing the best to hang onto this.
Today marks the day when players contracts terminate thus next 2 weeks are pivotal.

Booked some trains this week. Ffs why ohh why do I do this shit. It’s not healthy.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #46588 on: Friday, July 1, 2022, 07:34:54 »

With some of the grumblings on here about Clem being a broke ass bitch (eyes on Mango) can someone clear this up. Have we not cleared some of the debt to lift the embargo and are the accounts not looking a lot healthier now? Is that not down to Clem putting money into the club or is it the attendances and FL loan? I have no idea.

Eyes on 🥭?
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #46589 on: Friday, July 1, 2022, 07:42:20 »

Thanks for a bit of perspective. I'm not saying that everything is or will be perfect, but a lot of people seem to be addicted to anxiety.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 ... 3103 3104 3105 [3106] 3107 3108 3109 ... 3964   Go Up
Print
Jump to: