Pages: 1 ... 2855 2856 2857 [2858] 2859 2860 2861 ... 3972   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8953177 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #42855 on: Tuesday, July 27, 2021, 00:36:52 »

It would seemingly appear that I have hacked into Legend-Lounges account  Pint

Nah, that's equivalent to a first paragraph for you.  Wink

LL, the trouble is with Swindon is that there are too many plastic prem fans. This recent hot weather has brought the tats out. I've already seen a few LFC liver bird tats, a couple of Man U badge tats. Something I've never understood, feeling the need to support a club because they are currently winning stuff.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 27, 2021, 06:10:41 by 4D » Logged
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #42856 on: Tuesday, July 27, 2021, 00:38:57 »

I feel the same when I see someone in a Oxford shirt😀

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #42857 on: Tuesday, July 27, 2021, 06:38:56 »

LL, the trouble is with Swindon is that there are too many plastic prem fans. This recent hot weather has brought the tats out. I've already seen a few LFC liver bird tats, a couple of Man U badge tats. Something I've never understood, feeling the need to support a club because they are currently winning stuff.

There has been for some time a proliferation of prem shirts in all weathers but you are right in as much as the hot whether brings out more. As I see it there really has been nothing to encourage the younger fans to pledge their life long allegiance to Swindon Town and by association, their parents. I didn’t add to my lengthy post yesterday that the club reminded me of the old working men’s clubs, run by old men for old men, without any foresight as to the future survival of the club, hence why there are hardly any left.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #42858 on: Tuesday, July 27, 2021, 07:12:00 »

There has been for some time a proliferation of prem shirts in all weathers but you are right in as much as the hot whether brings out more. As I see it there really has been nothing to encourage the younger fans to pledge their life long allegiance to Swindon Town and by association, their parents. I didn’t add to my lengthy post yesterday that the club reminded me of the old working men’s clubs, run by old men for old men, without any foresight as to the future survival of the club, hence why there are hardly any left.

Football is too readily accessible for people to have to come to the CG to see some football.

Sky probably show around 10 lives games over a weekend. Glory hunters can probably watch 95% of ‘their’ teams games from home.

We are now at a point where the younger generation are being born to the Sky generation.

We can’t compete against the glory supports but we need to offer a product they will come and watch occasionally. With regards to football, the best product is a winning product.

Until we have some sustained on pitch success our fan base will not grow.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #42859 on: Tuesday, July 27, 2021, 07:38:32 »

You can't beat live football supporting your local club imo. Obviously a lot don't think like that.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #42860 on: Tuesday, July 27, 2021, 07:51:48 »

You can't beat live football supporting your local club imo. Obviously a lot don't think like that.

True, but you have to start going for that to kick in.

For those of us that are a bit older the only way to see live football was to actually go to a game, whereas now it’s about going to the pub with your mates.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #42861 on: Tuesday, July 27, 2021, 07:51:59 »

Billy Clarke

Any substance to this? Been a decent striker in the past although goal scoring record in recent seasons not been quite as good although that may be due to being used as a sub and in more of a wide role.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #42862 on: Tuesday, July 27, 2021, 08:06:28 »

Any substance to this? Been a decent striker in the past although goal scoring record in recent seasons not been quite as good although that may be due to being used as a sub and in more of a wide role.
I think this is in reference to him being linked every summer since 2005
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #42863 on: Tuesday, July 27, 2021, 08:07:13 »

It can be changed though, we just need a period of sustained success. I live in Swansea and have seen the rise from the Vetch with a few thousand people watching to them playing in the Prem with over 10,000 fans. If we could get to the Championship one day and mount a push to the premiership, we'd fill the CG every week.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #42864 on: Tuesday, July 27, 2021, 08:21:16 »

True, but you have to start going for that to kick in.

For those of us that are a bit older the only way to see live football was to actually go to a game, whereas now it’s about going to the pub with your mates.

I'm fancying going on Saturday, I've missed it.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #42865 on: Tuesday, July 27, 2021, 09:05:57 »

I think this is in reference to him being linked every summer since 2005
Yes, he's the new Steve Lomas...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #42866 on: Tuesday, July 27, 2021, 09:34:24 »

Scott Twine or Ben Gladwin...........

Who would you want to pick in the team to face Scunthorpe in 10 days time ?

A Grant for me every time

That's an interesting concept. Give a choice of Scott Twine or Ben Gladwin and pick Anthony Grant? Well I suppose he is the general!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Flashheart

« Reply #42867 on: Tuesday, July 27, 2021, 09:35:59 »

That's an interesting concept. Give a choice of Scott Twine or Ben Gladwin and pick Anthony Grant? Well I suppose he is the general!

I went for Luongo.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #42868 on: Tuesday, July 27, 2021, 10:41:50 »

The answer is obviously Simon Ferry.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #42869 on: Tuesday, July 27, 2021, 10:44:26 »

I went for Luongo.

Nice! Louis Thompson would be a reasonable shout as well I guess.

Although this is all about opinions, although worth remembering that an opinion without 3.14 is an onion.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 2855 2856 2857 [2858] 2859 2860 2861 ... 3972   Go Up
Print
Jump to: