Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Playing music after we score  (Read 5700 times)
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, April 9, 2008, 11:04:19 »

Oh I dont sit in the Townend anymore

When my dad got to 60 and realised he qualified for an OAP rate season ticket we moved to the Intel stand!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, April 9, 2008, 11:13:43 »

Quote from: "Jamiesfuturewife"
Oh I dont sit in the Townend anymore

When my dad got to 60 and realised he qualified for an OAP rate season ticket we moved to the Intel stand!

Fair enough....I hate sitting, so prefer the TE, but you do get as better view, from the sides.

Do you have a blanket to cover your legs, when its cold?  They used to be de rigeur amongst the sitting ladies in the old seated bit of the Shrivenham Road.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, April 9, 2008, 11:31:58 »

No but Id like one - my boyfriend says taking a flask is bag enough and If I take a blanket I may as well bring some knitting -  I actually fell asleep briefly during the first half on Saturday so perhaps having a blanket wrapped round me would be tempting fate

I wonder how the two old dears are I used to sit behind in the Townend - I love those old girls
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, April 9, 2008, 17:16:50 »

Quote from: "Ardiles"
One of the most bizarre seasons in living memory.  I remember the opening game at home to Port Vale, sitting in a brand new 'Intel' Stand and thinking 'this is going to be easy'.  How wrong.

You and me both, Ardiles.  Lovely sunny day, too.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, April 9, 2008, 17:19:04 »

Quote from: "donkey"
Quote from: "Ardiles"
One of the most bizarre seasons in living memory.  I remember the opening game at home to Port Vale, sitting in a brand new 'Intel' Stand and thinking 'this is going to be easy'.  How wrong.

You and me both, Ardiles.  Lovely sunny day, too.

First game of the season is always a lovely sunny day.  Its one of the few dependables left.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, April 9, 2008, 17:33:58 »

Like northampton this season, lovely weather.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, April 9, 2008, 20:27:50 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Quote from: "adje"
Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Quote from: "Minnesota Fats"
Ah Pete Lewis against Bolton

I'm sure it got featured on the Big Breakfast the following morning. Ahhh.... the memories are flooding back.
The ever dashing Gaby Roslin always ensured I had semi as I trotted off to school all those years back.

As for the game in question was McMuck or someone sent off in it?
I'm sure that dopey c*** Jason McAteer played a part as well.

I'm not sure  it was the game in question, but I recall the game when Mcmahon got the red....he did the now dodgy studs showing single foot challenge,  it was a dirty wet night and the pitch was soggy....he ploughed a furrow fit for a team of medieval oxen.  MacAteer tripped  over the divot.

Cunts then scored a winner in the last minute....was it Wanker John?  I wont be too unhappy to see them get relegated....funnier had it been Newcastle, mind

It was Alan Thompson-we played brilliantly that night but it was just another step towards relegation

That's one of those seasons, which I've tried to forget....on the one hand, we had a fairly decent squad, but all belief seemed to drain away. Nevertheless came within 13 mins of a cup final, and wouldn't have gone down except for it being 4 down, rather than the usual 3.

Winning 5-2 at the Hawthorn's was fun too.

Peter Thorne and Ty Gooden  :bow1:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: