Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Playing music after we score  (Read 5698 times)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, April 7, 2008, 11:59:51 »

Quote from: "Colin Todd"
If they must do it then they should at least try to personalise it to each player and have a bit of a laugh with it like we did in the late 90's if i remeber correctly

Signing I I iffy iffy I
HAY!  you've got to hide your love away

Cant remember any others. I think we were shit and never scored then

The Mighty Quinn was always played just before the teams came out under Jimmy Quinn i think?
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, April 7, 2008, 12:04:01 »

I heard it for the fitst time on Saturday too, probably because I normally go in the Townend and the PA is a little bit shit in there but had tickets for arkells on Saturday.

For the record, I hate it.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, April 7, 2008, 12:19:45 »

We've been doing it for years. Always used to be 'eat my goal' which I quite liked, but the James Brown number is a bit cringeworthy and just reminds me of Jeff Stelling making a tit out of himseld on Soccer Saturday.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, April 7, 2008, 12:21:05 »

It could be worse. A lot of teams recently have been playing Chelsea Dagger by the Frattellis. And a lot still have Tom Hark, which has to be the most annoying song ever.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, April 7, 2008, 12:43:56 »

Quote from: "Iffy's Onion Bhaji"
If they must do it then they should at least try to personalise it to each player and have a bit of a laugh with it like we did in the late 90's if i remeber correctly

Signing I I iffy iffy I

The Mighty Quinn was always played just before the teams came out under Jimmy Quinn i think?

I used to hate that with a vengeance.

It was a perfect example of how the club  lost its connection to the fans in the McMahon years.  Jimmy Quinn wasn't especialy popular amongst the hardcore, after the manner in which he jumped ship to Leicester,  after a good season in 87/88.  This was, of course, the second time he'd done this , after going to Blackburn..

He was one of the few ex players from that era, who got fearful stick from the South Ciders.  Most others eg Kammy, Bambi got their due approbation..

Coincidentally, he pitched up twice the following season, firstly with Leicester, then with Bradford City, we beat them both, which added to the stick he got.

The following season, or maybe the one after, he played for the Hammers at the CG, bagged a brace, one of which included a blatant foul on Digby.  Didn' t notice the muted celebration thingy. It ended  2-2.

By the time Quinn arrived as boss, there was no one left at the club,  other than Eddie Buckley, who knew anything of these days.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, April 7, 2008, 13:02:02 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

Signing I I iffy iffy I

It was a perfect example of how the club  lost its connection to the fans in the McMahon years.  Jimmy Quinn wasn't especialy popular amongst the hardcore, after the manner in which he jumped ship to Leicester,  after a good season in 87/88.  This was, of course, the second time he'd done this , after going to Blackburn..

He was one of the few ex players from that era, who got fearful stick from the South Ciders.  Most others eg Kammy, Bambi got their due approbation..

Coincidentally, he pitched up twice the following season, firstly with Leicester, then with Bradford City, we beat them both, which added to the stick he got.

The following season, or maybe the one after, he played for the Hammers at the CG, bagged a brace, one of which included a blatant foul on Digby.  Didn' t notice the muted celebration thingy. It ended  2-2.

By the time Quinn arrived as boss, there was no one left at the club,  other than Eddie Buckley, who knew anything of these days.
Was Eddie Buckley still there when Quinn was in charge? :shock:

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, April 7, 2008, 18:01:29 »

Quote from: "Tails"
We also play a big train horn.

That's fine, music is a no-no.  The same applies at cup finals after the final whistle...we can make own noise without singing along to Queen.

I've just realised I'd love the chance to be annoyed by this, as it would mean we've won a cup final (and yes I include the Paint Pot...be delighted to win it).

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, April 7, 2008, 18:48:31 »

I can't remember music ever being played after a goal in the last couple of years. I don't like it.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, April 7, 2008, 19:07:21 »

Quote from: "SwindonTartanArmy"
Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

Signing I I iffy iffy I

Was Eddie Buckley still there when Quinn was in charge? :shock:

Eddie was still around in Kingy's latter days.

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, April 7, 2008, 20:23:52 »

the bloke on the mike is a bellend. and the music sounds diobolical coming out of the pathetic speakers in the ground.(when they work!)
either sort it out or just leave it all switched off!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #25 on: Monday, April 7, 2008, 20:30:08 »

I think the bloke is just trying to get the crowd a bit hyped up. However it never really works

"Good afternoon the Arkells Stand"

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, April 7, 2008, 20:38:20 »

name the teams,give us some scores, and shut the fuck up!
we dont want some tosser who thinks he's jimmy tarbuck!
Run_the_bath

« Reply #27 on: Monday, April 7, 2008, 21:59:35 »

has anybody noticed the dancing man that pops out of the digital scoreboard for about 5 seconds when we score?
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, April 7, 2008, 22:05:34 »

No, but Colin Hendry comes out when there's a yellow card.
Run_the_bath

« Reply #29 on: Monday, April 7, 2008, 22:09:08 »

wow thats cool ive never noticed that. who comes out for red? dave kitson...Huh?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: