Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: note to commentators  (Read 2914 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, April 1, 2008, 22:21:14 »

Quote from: "Batch"
Quote from: "janaage"
Not been a great match though eh?

They (United) did what was needed. Soaked up the pressure and damaged them on the counter.

Professional performance, United can be a bit of a damp squib away in Europe.

Anybody can beat Roma  Cool
STFC Village

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, April 1, 2008, 22:38:42 »

David Pleat does my swede in
flammableBen

« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, April 1, 2008, 22:41:39 »

I have to admit to liking Motson. Although he does seem to be getting gradually more eccentric. I used to like it when he had Trevor Brooking sat next to him. Always seemed like a nice combination that.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, April 1, 2008, 23:14:00 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
I have to admit to liking Motson. Although he does seem to be getting gradually more eccentric. I used to like it when he had Trevor Brooking sat next to him. Always seemed like a nice combination that.
John Motson is the Sun's football section personified. A walking, talking tabloid if you like. Ok sometimes but goes off talking bollocks way too often
Barry Scott

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, April 1, 2008, 23:32:12 »

I laughed at that game. I enjoy the premiership, but have no "second team", but always support any Prem teams in Europe.

That game would've been puke for the Roma fans, they couldn't finish for toffee, dominated possession in large parts and lost 2-0.

Harsh, but funny to know how it feels when not caring about either team.
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 08:44:43 »

i do hate the David Pleat wankathon all over ronaldo for 90 minutes. Infact i have all the itv shit that comes out, as if everyone is pro united. BOLLOX
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 09:53:42 »

Romas final ball was woeful.  The seemed to have done all the hard work but when it came to decent crosses/finishes basically hitting the target they just couldn't do it.

Anyway, back on topic, it annoys me the way the commentators have been saying, job done, pretty much through the semis etc. Its only 2 goals (away ones I'll give them that)  however its not exactly a mountain to climb for a team like Roma.

Will Totti recover in time for the 2nd leg as I think he had a thigh injury?  Not sure what the extent of the injury was.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 10:51:14 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
Quote from: "flammableBen"
John Motson is the Sun's football section personified. A walking, talking tabloid if you like. Ok sometimes but goes off talking bollocks way too often

Motson's a prick-he knows statistics but knows fuck all about football

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: