Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2 more games AKA the overeaction thread part 2 billion  (Read 7400 times)

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, March 24, 2008, 19:24:18 »

Quote from: "STFC dave"
Perhaps he's not the touchline raving type. Byrnes barking Instructions out anyway, if Both of them were doing so at the same time they'd be moaned at all the same. I think Byrne still holds a lot of influence in the decision making, which is why he seems so intent on shouting instructions. And throwing paddys when Brez's kicks go out of play

nah.i'd bet my mortage that if byrne was in charge we'd be back to 4,4,2 straight away.this is malpas's team and byrne wont rock the boat as malpas could boot him out.
its just his natural emotions during a game coming through
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, March 24, 2008, 19:25:59 »

Byrne sounded quite behind the 4 - 3.71 - 2.19 formation in the Trust podcast.  I know he's never going to slag it off, but the feeling i got was that he still had some input in deciding it

Things get better but they never get good

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, March 24, 2008, 19:27:15 »

again nah.he said it was malpas's way he wanted them to play.he's hardly going to slate his boss is he?
DMR

« Reply #18 on: Monday, March 24, 2008, 19:28:07 »

Gills and Rovers away, fuck the home games.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, March 24, 2008, 19:31:14 »

Quote from: "arriba"
again nah.he said it was malpas's way he wanted them to play.he's hardly going to slate his boss is he?

Hmm agree to disagree on this then. Still, the original point still stands - Malpas will never be on the touchline bawling out instructions, thats by and large the assistant managers job, at any club

Things get better but they never get good
lebowski

« Reply #20 on: Monday, March 24, 2008, 20:01:25 »

I thought we were a lot better in the second half, and unlucky not to get a goal really.

Byrne spent the first half sat behind Fitton, in front of Paul Sturrock, and we were awful. Second half, he was on the touchline up to his usual antics, and we were better. Coincidence? (Perhaps more down to the switch to 4-4-2)

Sofi was quite awful, to be honest, but then he isn't a right sided player. My issue with the change was that we were chasing the game and should be taking off a defender, not a midfielder.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, March 24, 2008, 20:02:55 »

I actually didn't feel like going today, but I've got a season ticket so it'd be a waste if I didn't.

I'll probably do Gills away, mostly just for the craic and for a good day out with my mates. Football doesn't enthuise me any more, so much for the "Swindon experience".

And back on the Malpas band-wagon, my biggest gripe with him is his lack of charisma - in public at least. Wise was a loveable cheeky cockney and told everything as it was. Sturrock was mostly the same, you could tell when he was pissed off and he was charismatic in the way he dealt with the press. Malpas just seems devoid of emotion. All you sense from his interviews is "meh". If he's anything like that in the changing room then you can understand how the players seem underwhelmed. Yes, Byrne's a bit of a livewire, but he doesn't pick the team or decide their contracts.

We need Martin Allen.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #22 on: Monday, March 24, 2008, 20:05:25 »

I don't think Sturrock has much personality
lebowski

« Reply #23 on: Monday, March 24, 2008, 20:07:10 »

I agree, I see a lot of similarities between Malpas and Sturrock! Sturrock spent most of the game sat on the bench whilst Blackley and Summerfield ranted and raved!

But whichever stick you want to beat Malpas with...
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, March 24, 2008, 20:07:14 »

Quote from: "Samdy Gray"

We need Martin Allen.

I hate to say it but i actually agree  Sad
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, March 24, 2008, 20:09:04 »

And I was shot down in flames when I dared to suggest Martin Allen would be the best choice of manager after Sturrock left. But meh  Shrug
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, March 24, 2008, 20:10:38 »

Quote from: "pumbaa"
And I was shot down in flames when I dared to suggest Martin Allen would be the best choice of manager after Sturrock left. But meh  Shrug

I'm not fond of him but to be fair he would at least be able to motivate the players. Something MM doesn't seem to be able to do.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, March 24, 2008, 20:14:29 »

Quote from: "Si Pie"
I don't think Sturrock has much personality

But he certainly has more than Malpas IMO.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, March 24, 2008, 20:16:24 »

Martin fucking Allen, have you all gone insane? (no offence Pumbaa)

You want a manager with personality?  Is that it, ffs fella's get a grip, all this slagging off MM is starting to piss me right off.  It's like now that Diamond Mike has gone everyone's out to find the new anti-hero.

If MM did go I wonder who'll be next on the hit list?
glos_robin

« Reply #29 on: Monday, March 24, 2008, 20:17:00 »

lets not kid ourselves Fittons not going down the stupid money route in the summer at least half of todays starting line up will be 1st team regulars next season so if he cant get them to play for our survival in this league what are the chances of him getting them playing next season. All chairman make mistakes so maybe Fitton should just admit he has and start again as MM has done nothing to suggest he is the right man for the job.

Results have gone to pot, performances have gone to pot and most telling of all the team spirit has gone to pot.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: