Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Next Season  (Read 5485 times)
red macca

« on: Monday, February 18, 2008, 15:39:23 »

A long way off granted but lets say we dont get in the playoffs which i dont think we will .

Where do wee need to improve to aim for the play offs ?

I reckon a new left back vincent is good but we could do with better imo .

Right winger for competition more than anything else, two new strikers and two new centre midfielders.

What do you reckon
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, February 18, 2008, 15:41:05 »

A decent creative midfielder as a matter of prioirty and another striker

I come from a land down-under
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #2 on: Monday, February 18, 2008, 15:50:53 »

A pacey striker.

Another right winger.

A creative central midfielder [x2?]

Another left back.

That's for a serious promotion push, obviously keeping the main base of this squad as it is now and getting rid of the players we really don't need (Sturrock; Pook; etc.).
flammableBen

« Reply #3 on: Monday, February 18, 2008, 16:18:55 »

I'm going to support the reserves next season.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, February 18, 2008, 16:24:34 »

The midfield needs sorting. On their day all are good, but I'm not convinced by any of our wingers ability to be consistent. And obviously Easton and Peacock need a player to complement their hard work <insert obvious joke here>.

I think we are a striker short, assuming Corr is unfit. If Paynter can get his confidence up maybe he can do the job though?
returnofthereds

« Reply #5 on: Monday, February 18, 2008, 16:34:00 »

Gonna need a new keeper when Brez leaves.
Dont think smithy is good enough,not if we want to establish ourselves up a level.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, February 18, 2008, 16:43:21 »

another central midfielder....another striker....
adje

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, February 18, 2008, 16:49:29 »

...yep,I've now seen Ashikodi and I'm not impressed

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, February 18, 2008, 16:54:57 »

disagree about vincent he's missed badly when not in the side.keeps it simple and goes about his job well.a leader and a talker too.

we need a 20+ goal scorer.cox could be that man but aint there yet.
a centre mid better than what we have is the most crucial player we need imo.
apart from that we are pretty strong i reckon.but if player lack form-ie roberts, then obviously those areas will need replacing.
red macca

« Reply #9 on: Monday, February 18, 2008, 17:00:15 »

Quote from: "arriba"
disagree about vincent he's missed badly when not in the side.keeps it simple and goes about his job well.a leader and a talker too.

we need a 20+ goal scorer.cox could be that man but aint there yet.
a centre mid better than what we have is the most crucial player we need imo.
apart from that we are pretty strong i reckon.but if player lack form-ie roberts, then obviously those areas will need replacing.
understand what your saying about vincent but part of that is due to not having a real capable replacement .In my opinion Next season we need to sort something out in the striker department when one is suspended we are fucked at the moment, Ashikodi has showed nothing sturrock not good enough and we just cant rely on corr at all
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, February 18, 2008, 17:00:29 »

neither Vincent or Nicholas are good enough, neither are the central mids, also one more striker, we should then be there or thereabouts
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, February 18, 2008, 17:39:46 »

We have 3 good strikers in Corr, Cox and Paynter but maybe another one wouldn't do any harm. We deffo need a creative centre mid though. A left back is not as urgent as the midfield but it would be nice to get one in. Think we are fine out wide though.
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, February 18, 2008, 18:18:46 »

Quote from: "suttonred"
neither Vincent or Nicholas are good enough, neither are the central mids, also one more striker, we should then be there or thereabouts

Easton?
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, February 18, 2008, 19:12:51 »

Quote from: "returnofthereds"
Gonna need a new keeper when Brez leaves.
Dont think smithy is good enough,not if we want to establish ourselves up a level.

Disagree. Can't remember Smithy giving a bad performance when given an opportunity, whereas Brez has made quite a few blunders this season.

For a proper promotion push, ie a real go for an automatic spot, we'll need a major overhaul. With the exception of Cox, Aljofree, Ifil and possibly Easton, the squad we've got at the moment (Based on what they've done this season) don't cut it.

As someone else said, we've got too many players who only seem able to play to their full potential once every 3, 4 or 5 games and you don't win promotion with players like that.......................

It's All Good..............
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, February 18, 2008, 20:04:33 »

When we played forest we competed really well,the game was won with a moment of quality,i would rather we baught a couple of quality players other than six squad players,the players weve got are good honest players,but not many can change a match with a moment of quality like tysons goal .
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: