Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Next Season  (Read 5486 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, February 18, 2008, 20:04:33 »

When we played forest we competed really well,the game was won with a moment of quality,i would rather we baught a couple of quality players other than six squad players,the players weve got are good honest players,but not many can change a match with a moment of quality like tysons goal .
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, February 18, 2008, 20:04:48 »

When we played forest we competed really well,the game was won with a moment of quality,i would rather we baught a couple of quality players other than six squad players,the players weve got are good honest players,but not many can change a match with a moment of quality like tysons goal .
adje

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, February 18, 2008, 20:58:20 »

Quote from: "herthab"
Quote from: "returnofthereds"
Gonna need a new keeper when Brez leaves.
Dont think smithy is good enough,not if we want to establish ourselves up a level.

Disagree. Can't remember Smithy giving a bad performance when given an opportunity, whereas Brez has made quite a few blunders this season.

For a proper promotion push, ie a real go for an automatic spot, we'll need a major overhaul. With the exception of Cox, Aljofree, Ifil and possibly Easton, the squad we've got at the moment (Based on what they've done this season) don't cut it.

As someone else said, we've got too many players who only seem able to play to their full potential once every 3, 4 or 5 games and you don't win promotion with players like that.......................

Agree with that-though I'd add Comminges to the list

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, February 18, 2008, 21:06:30 »

A new ground.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, February 18, 2008, 21:07:47 »

I'm not fussed about a new ground, especially if it was moved.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, February 18, 2008, 23:02:33 »

Quote from: "adje"
Dont think smithy is good enough,not if we want to establish ourselves up a level.

Disagree. Can't remember Smithy giving a bad performance when given an opportunity, whereas Brez has made quite a few blunders this season.

For a proper promotion push, ie a real go for an automatic spot, we'll need a major overhaul. With the exception of Cox, Aljofree, Ifil and possibly Easton, the squad we've got at the moment (Based on what they've done this season) don't cut it.

As someone else said, we've got too many players who only seem able to play to their full potential once every 3, 4 or 5 games and you don't win promotion with players like that.......................

and Billy Paynter and Lee Peacock.....and JP McGovern.
McLovin

« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2008, 08:44:50 »

I don't think we'll get anywhere under Malpas... so i say we'll need a new gaffer. I know it's early days, but i just get a gut feeling that he hasn't got what it takes motivationally or tactically to get the best out of a team
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2008, 08:51:44 »

Motivation does seem to be an issue.....
red macca

« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2008, 09:07:44 »

Quote from: "DV"

If we play with peacock as a regular centre midfielder we wont push for the playoffs. He is not attack minded enough
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2008, 10:33:09 »

How do you know motivation seems to be a problem? Team seems pretty up for most games to me...
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2008, 10:37:24 »

Neither of us said we knew, only opinions.
fatbury

« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2008, 10:39:07 »

dare I say it .... another manager? :|
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2008, 10:59:22 »

Points per game:

Malpas = 1.57

Byrne = 1.11

Sturrock = 1.47
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2008, 11:37:44 »

Quote from: "red macca"
Quote from: "DV"

If we play with peacock as a regular centre midfielder we wont push for the playoffs. He is not attack minded enough

if we dont play with Peacock as a regular centre midfielder we arent strong enough in the middle and teams will walk through our midfield, like Forest did Saturday.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2008, 11:39:52 »

Not if he isn't motivated enough DV
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: