Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 10 point plan  (Read 10797 times)
anglia red

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, January 21, 2008, 18:18:15 »

sorry last line should say will NOT be getting a Swindon shirt for my Birthday tomorrow

ome on you reds
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, January 21, 2008, 18:28:33 »

To be fair, I don't think the new board will yet have had time to sort out the stock situation in the club shop.  And keeping the shop fully stocked would hardly have been a top priority for the last lot during their final days 'in charge'.

I'm sure things will improve between now and the end of the season.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, January 21, 2008, 19:17:50 »

Quote from: "Ardiles"
To be fair, I don't think the new board will yet have had time to sort out the stock situation in the club shop.  And keeping the shop fully stocked would hardly have been a top priority for the last lot during their final days 'in charge'.

I can;t see things improving on the stock situation between now and the end of the season, I suspect the board wil lbe looking for new kit suppliers and working with them to produce new ranges of merchandise and to keep stock levels topped up, the shop staff probably need re-training as they won't be used to managing their stock levels etc
lebowski

« Reply #63 on: Monday, January 21, 2008, 19:19:22 »

personally i think that the lotto range is superb.

i would almost consider wearing some of it myself.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Monday, January 21, 2008, 19:31:05 »

Quote from: "Ardiles"

spot on, good post my son
sonic youth

« Reply #65 on: Monday, January 21, 2008, 19:55:54 »

the club shop needs gutting out and refitting properly. the layout is quite poor and it's painfully cramped on a matchday.

the tills need to be replaced with something half decent, not a glorified calculator that has been stolen from a charity shop. in fact, the till we had at CRUK was more advanced the the club shops. a proper system to maintain stock needs to be implemented - EPOS, innit? - so that items can be kept in stock properly or stock can be ordered appropriately depending on time of year, forthcoming matches/events and so on and so forth.

i haven't checked the online shop for years because it's horrifically out of date. it needs to be kept current so that the significant number of exiles are able to see what we have for sale without needing to visit the clubshop - which often seems to be closed when i pass it.

memorabilia or one-off items could be sold via ebay - not neccesarily only signed shirts but "unique" items.

perhaps even knock through the wall between the ticket office and club shop - how many visit the ticket office on a weekly basis but don't step foot inside the club shop, therefore remaining blissfully unaware of what's on sale? admittedly it's the usual gubbins but they're not going to buy anything if they don't go in there.

simple things like the car stickers were even cocked up somehow - all completely ruined by the barcodes on the reverse.
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, January 21, 2008, 20:01:18 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
the club shop needs gutting out and refitting properly. the layout is quite poor and it's painfully cramped on a matchday.

the tills need to be replaced with something half decent, not a glorified calculator that has been stolen from a charity shop. in fact, the till we had at CRUK was more advanced the the club shops. a proper system to maintain stock needs to be implemented - EPOS, innit? - so that items can be kept in stock properly or stock can be ordered appropriately depending on time of year, forthcoming matches/events and so on and so forth.

i haven't checked the online shop for years because it's horrifically out of date. it needs to be kept current so that the significant number of exiles are able to see what we have for sale without needing to visit the clubshop - which often seems to be closed when i pass it.

memorabilia or one-off items could be sold via ebay - not neccesarily only signed shirts but "unique" items.

perhaps even knock through the wall between the ticket office and club shop - how many visit the ticket office on a weekly basis but don't step foot inside the club shop, therefore remaining blissfully unaware of what's on sale? admittedly it's the usual gubbins but they're not going to buy anything if they don't go in there.

simple things like the car stickers were even cocked up somehow - all completely ruined by the barcodes on the reverse.

You should get the marketing job that's going SY
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, January 21, 2008, 20:25:13 »

What do you mean Sonic, surely that'd mean people who are queuing for tickets would be warm and dry (instead of standing outside the ticket office freezing their respective nuts/minges off), and would possibly notice something they might consider purchasing.

That's crazy talk!!
sonic youth

« Reply #68 on: Monday, January 21, 2008, 20:26:48 »

crazy perhaps but it's just so crazy it might just work.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Monday, January 21, 2008, 20:31:14 »

Well I'm not sure I like the idea of some bloke taking away my right to queue outside in the wind and rain, by making me stand in the club shop whilst waiting to be served.  Next you'll be pouring a nice cup of tea down the throats of the waiting customer!!!

It'll never work and I feel a protest (outside) coming on!!

Wink
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #70 on: Monday, January 21, 2008, 20:40:13 »

Quote from: "janaage"

Next you'll be pouring a nice cup of tea down the throats of the waiting customer!!!

Now there's an idea janaage, cheap yet how effective would that be?
sonic youth

« Reply #71 on: Monday, January 21, 2008, 20:43:48 »

but what if they don't like tea?

you better get your protest organised sharpish jan, try asking those busybodies at the trust. the weather will be improving soon
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2008, 11:27:12 »

It's not rocket science is it, a visit to a theme park usually brings most answers on how to combine a ticketing and merchandise operation.  Stuff to buy next to the ticket entry point, rides that have an exit that makes you walk through a shop closely themed to that ride etc.

I know there are certain issues relating to rent prices etc, but it still amazes me a decent way of selling matchday tickets hasn't taken hold in the Town Centre.  Come on, even a cheap half way house could be attempted in the Tourist Info Centre to keep costs down if necessary.  Get your ticket next to a pub, no need for tea.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2008, 11:39:59 »

Their "Point of sale/impulse buy" approach is non existent.  All the stock near the till is covered in the old badge, not compelling anyone to buy anything they didnt come in for.

Im sure Fitton etc. have some good ideas though.

Id like to see sponsors sewn onto shirts next season though as opposed to plastic that washes off and I think they'd also do well to sell shirts/kit/merchandise in a town centre location as well like they used to.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: