Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 10 point plan  (Read 10865 times)
lebowski

« Reply #30 on: Sunday, January 20, 2008, 11:12:13 »

the 10 point plan pretty much encapsulates the entire operational process of running a football club.

what does that tell you?!
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, January 20, 2008, 11:25:15 »

Sturrock raised the multi coloured seating issue when he first arrived, he said it looked like a 'tired football club'. Obviously nothing got done at the time.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #32 on: Sunday, January 20, 2008, 11:30:01 »

I also made the point that those seats are in disgraceful condition and that's the main reason they need replacement.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, January 20, 2008, 11:35:52 »

And as the different coloured seats are in the Arkells, where it's always half empty, they show up more Cheesy

I think the 10 point plan is a good start. Small steps.........

It's All Good..............
broomfield

« Reply #34 on: Sunday, January 20, 2008, 12:04:12 »

At least the new board have recognised the immediate issues and have an idea how to resolve them.

We would have waited until hell froze before the last lot had admitted the obvious.....

Sir Seaton was at the game by the way...........
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, January 20, 2008, 12:42:27 »

I've heard the Oxford Utd board have just announced their very own 10 point plan.

Jim Smith and Darren Patterson are a little worried though as getting three wins and a draw by the end of the season isn't going to be easy!!!
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, January 20, 2008, 13:47:44 »

Quote from: "janaage"
I've heard the Oxford Utd board have just announced their very own 10 point plan.

Jim Smith and Darren Patterson are a little worried though as getting three wins and a draw by the end of the season isn't going to be easy!!!

ReadingRed

Pragmatist clapper

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Sunday, January 20, 2008, 17:33:45 »

Seems to me that not having deafening music blaring out till kickoff made for a much better "Matchday Experience" yesterday - anyone else agree?
Or am I getting old?
deltaincline

« Reply #38 on: Sunday, January 20, 2008, 17:58:35 »

Quote from: "ReadingRed"
Seems to me that not having deafening music blaring out till kickoff made for a much better "Matchday Experience" yesterday - anyone else agree?
Or am I getting old?

You may well be getting old RR, but the lack of shit music belting out pre-match was welcome yesterday. Now, if someone could get rid of that cunt of an announcer (who clearly loves the sound of his own yokel voice) and also get shot of the embarrassing fucking mascot as well, I'd be well happy Wink
sonic youth

« Reply #39 on: Sunday, January 20, 2008, 18:07:33 »

get rid of that fucking scoreboard too...and put the clock right on the SB
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #40 on: Sunday, January 20, 2008, 18:11:44 »

Quote from: "ReadingRed"
Or am I getting old?

I think it was more of a case that the usual PA was broken and they were using the safety announcement PA yesterday, but yes it was nice to be able to ignore tha announcer etc and just chat.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Sunday, January 20, 2008, 18:16:46 »

funny because yesterday I could actually hear the bloody PA system in the Kingswood....makes a change!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, January 20, 2008, 19:07:44 »

The best thing about the 10 pt plan is, as others have observed, that it's none of it rocket science - it's simple and achievable, but shows they know what they're doing, that they've taken the time to evaluate what's wrong and what they can easily do to improve matters and I don't think I'd be going out on a wild speculation to guess that in each area they have a definite plan of how to fix it. Or at least start introducing changes that will produce measurable improvement in each area. Christ, it's almost going to be like a properly run business! Aren't there Football League regs that prohibit that? If they carry on like this, they may even be able to turn round that massive loss into break-even or maybe even a profit. And actually that's the point, for six years we've been told it's impossible to do anything other than run the club as a complete shambles whereas actually when you get some proper businessmen come in and look at the thing properly, they immediately come up with a list of simple things that can be implemented straightaway to start turning things round.
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #43 on: Sunday, January 20, 2008, 21:37:08 »

Nothing new and we have heard most of it before in this 10 point plan however you can't help but actually believe it will be achieved this now.
NW6Red

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Sunday, January 20, 2008, 21:48:14 »

All good stuff that, together with the players' performance yesterday, has made me feel very optimistic about the future. Which is a very odd feeling, I can tell you.

Also, for those who were worried about James Wills having any influence, I think the explicit admission that the club was badly run before will hopefully put minds at rest. They might let him choose which cups to drink the tea out of if he's lucky.

Oh, and nice avatar, Reading Red.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: