Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brez  (Read 12755 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« on: Thursday, January 10, 2008, 15:20:16 »

I see that Byrne is saying that there have been more enquiries for Brez from Championship and premiership clubs.

I think at this point in time it would be promotional suicide to sell him, here we have a keeper who is at the top of his game playing extremely well and someone who every players has confidence in.

If we keep him then surely he is still worth just as much if not more at the end of the season, and if he is part of a promotion winning team or a team that just missed out of play-off's then his value will only rise.

If we sell then we have to find another keeper, even if Smith is nearly fit, that does not know the team so has to get used to and every player takes time to settle in and we would not have time to scout keepers as we would need one straight away if he goes.

So I suppose what I'm saying is as we do not desperately need money then keep him until the end of the season when there may be more clubs interested and increase his value.

WE ARE NO LONGER A SELLING CLUB WE ARE TOLD

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, January 10, 2008, 15:26:04 »

if we have championship ambitions then keeping players like brez,ifil. and adding players like cox should push us in the right direction
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, January 10, 2008, 15:33:05 »

We will always be a selling club, every club below the very top level always will be to one extent or another.

What works in our favour is the newfound financial stability means we dont have to sell to try and stay in business, meaning we can ask for better fees for our better players.

I'd sell him for a million if that million went back into team building
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, January 10, 2008, 15:34:32 »

What if Reading came in for him with £1M + Cox? Would you sell?
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, January 10, 2008, 15:39:19 »

Quote from: "Tails"

Id drive him there myself, Smith is perefectly adequate when fit

matty

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, January 10, 2008, 15:40:45 »

I would if the £1M (or most of it) went back into rebuilding the team especially as P.Smith is pretty decent himself and we could strengthen in other areas.
Spud

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, January 10, 2008, 15:51:25 »

If selling Brez means that we could strengthen the team in 2-3 areas then it's a no brainer....sell him.

At least now Fitton is running things we wont get ripped off like we usually do at Swindon.
fatbury

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, January 10, 2008, 15:55:14 »

Brez will be sold as soon as Phil Smith is fit and thats about 1 week away ...

expect a bid for Jerel as well ...
Spud

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, January 10, 2008, 15:58:07 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
Brez will be sold as soon as Phil Smith is fit and thats about 1 week away ...

expect a bid for Jerel as well ...

lottery numbers?

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, January 10, 2008, 16:02:03 »

fatbury in calculated guess shocker :shock:  Wink
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, January 10, 2008, 16:02:06 »

Quote from: "Bushey Boy"

Id drive him there myself, Smith is perefectly adequate when fit

But Smith isn't fit at the moment so selling Brez would surely be the wrong decision.

I think if we get offered £1m then we are under selling him, he must be worth a minimum of £1.5m, so surely to force us to sell now with no backup keeper the deal should be £2m with add-on's - a record fee for STFC, anything less and I think it would be the wrong move.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, January 10, 2008, 16:08:57 »

I think £1m would be a cracking price for Brez. I'd love him to stay because I think he is a great keeper, but you have to be realistic. We are a small loss making club. I think Fitton wants us on an even keel.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, January 10, 2008, 16:10:43 »

The best thing about having a few clubs interested is we can now play them off each other and probably get a fair whack for him. To be fair, I think we'd be stupid to turn a sum like £2M down.
red macca

« Reply #13 on: Thursday, January 10, 2008, 16:21:36 »

As much as i rate brez and think he is quality i think alot of people forget he is 28 years old and i dont think we would get a much better fee for him this time next year for example
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, January 10, 2008, 16:24:02 »

What if Reading came in for him with £1M + Nicky Hammond? Would you sell?

No way, still have flash backs to Peterborough away (was it), flapping away all afternoon one early 90's Sunday.

It would make sense to sell if the offer was £1m up front, not £250k plus add ons, a flat mill and we'd have a deal.  Be sad to see him go as we haven't seen the best of him since injury, would love him to get back to his best then go (for the right price).
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: