Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brez  (Read 12959 times)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, January 10, 2008, 18:17:02 »

Quote from: "Batch"
Quote from: "Power to people"

Hopefully under Fitton  / Malpas we can have a bit of honestly and no more undiscolsed sales

But there are good reasons for an undisclosed fee at the time of sale. Like protecting the fact that you have just got £1m (e.g.)  to spend on replacement players - thus ensuring every bid we make isn't met with 'you've got more than that'.

Agree with Jan re: selling him for installments - they are a no no.

Yeah-but when have we ever spent money on replacement players?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #31 on: Thursday, January 10, 2008, 18:18:17 »

Quote from: "Dachauer"
£750,000+ and I would sale him, providing Phil Smith is 100% match fit at the time

SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, January 10, 2008, 18:23:48 »

BUY BUY BUY!

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, January 10, 2008, 18:27:22 »

Dont care who offers what, its about time STFC grew some testicles and told teams to fuck off.

Brez is a good keeper and you wont find many better at this level  now he's back on form....he's only going to get better.

Selling him would not improve our team or squad. It would be a step backwards.

No Deal!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, January 10, 2008, 18:31:19 »

I'd sell Brez but only if the price was right. In other words 1mill at least or they can all fuck off. With that amount it wouldn't be hard to find a half decent replacment. Probably only need 250k for a decent keeper at this level.
STFCBIKER

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, January 10, 2008, 18:45:44 »

Quote from: "DV"
Dont care who offers what, its about time STFC grew some testicles and told teams to fuck off.

Brez is a good keeper and you wont find many better at this level  now he's back on form....he's only going to get better.

Selling him would not improve our team or squad. It would be a step backwards.

No Deal!

What he said.

If we want to be in the Championship in 3 years then we need a championship quality keeper.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, January 10, 2008, 18:47:42 »

Phil Smith returned to training today incidentally.
farmer geoff

« Reply #37 on: Thursday, January 10, 2008, 19:20:09 »

would you sell him to a club which allows us to have him back on loan for the rest of the season? If he does move to a championship/premiership club i can see him only warming the bench
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, January 10, 2008, 19:26:22 »

Sell him.

Smithy Rules!

/
W56196272
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, January 10, 2008, 20:10:27 »

Quote from: "jayohaitchenn"
Quote from: "Dachauer"
£750,000+ and I would sale him, providing Phil Smith is 100% match fit at the time

SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL

dammit :groan1:  I keep getting the wrong tense

I come from a land down-under
mattboyslim

« Reply #40 on: Thursday, January 10, 2008, 20:17:34 »

People talking £2m are way too high in my opinion.  I'd accept around £750k, provided it was used for squad strengthening.  As others have said keeping Smith and Brez is a bit greedy, I think Smith would only settle for second choice when he thinks back to Crawley 18 months ago and realises where he is now.  Personally I can't see it happening in the window as it would seem unlikely to have Smith 100% match fit by then, even if he is training, one little set back and we'd be buggered.
lebowski

« Reply #41 on: Thursday, January 10, 2008, 20:20:03 »

on the vague subject of phil smith...

on sunday i woke and put on the tele, it was that something for the weekend program. they showed a clip from an old program, "back to the floor" i think it was, from where theo pathitis first took over at millwall and he was going around helping out the match day catering, and then training catering. first in line for his gruel was a young phil smith.

actually it might have been a couple of sunday's ago, i can't really remember.
Reeves for King

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, January 10, 2008, 21:10:43 »

Sell him. Get the money. Snith does a fine job.

here's the man himself when you need him?
lebowski

« Reply #43 on: Thursday, January 10, 2008, 22:22:46 »

when i read the story the first thing i thought was that we are trying to encourage a bidding war.

a club is closing in on him. don't miss out. show us the money.

i honestly think we could get £1million+ for brezovan.

that is over a quarter of our annual turnover.
lebowski

« Reply #44 on: Thursday, January 10, 2008, 22:23:50 »

plus, phil smith is a more than adequate goalkeeper.

in fact he's brilliant.

we are very lucky.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: