Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Maurice Malpas......  (Read 13969 times)
swindon_chick

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 20:42:40 »

I've never heard of the fella!
Hopefully this is all some kind of joke or mislead.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 20:57:19 »

Quote from: "swindon_chick"
I've never heard of the fella!
Hopefully this is all some kind of joke or mislead.

Malpas was a stalwart of the Sweatie scene 80's and prob 90's. looks like a Sturrock appointment.....probabaly Blair's godfather or something.
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #17 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 21:00:03 »

hmmm

"Others thought to have been interviewed include former Town midifleder and Leyton Orient boss Martin Ling, ex-Swindon defender and now Southampton youth coach Dave Hockaday and Colchester United no 2 Micky Adams."

FROM THE ADVER... surly if we spoke to Ling it would have been revealed by L.O.
OneAndrewFitton

« Reply #18 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 21:00:22 »

Definitley has sturrock written all over it......remember when he recommended bobby williamson to plymouth he was a failure and got sacked after about a year, i wouldn't take sturrock's advice.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 21:03:47 »

Quote from: "OneAndrewFitton"
Definitley has sturrock written all over it......remember when he recommended bobby williamson to plymouth he was a failure and got sacked after about a year, i wouldn't take sturrock's advice.

Fitton is perfectly entitled to do exactly what he chooses, all we can do is watch, then stop going until Malpas has gone then, then protest to get him out.  I'll give it 10 games.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #20 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 21:05:41 »

Sounds like some dodgy reporting to me now. If Ling was interviewed then that would mean that Hearn allowed the approach..... and if so then why appoint somebody that nobody has heard of over Ling?

Asides from money of course (NO PLEASE NOT THE CHEAP OPTION)
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 21:08:42 »

Sounds like the cheap option to me. I would rather have Byrne and Williams to be honest than this guy looking at his record and thats saying something.

Cant believe we can do no better than this-stinks of penny pinching
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 21:13:27 »

It's a small world...

Malpas "resigned" from Motherwell over plan by the new owner to oust his number 2 and replace him with Scott Leitch. After Malpas 'quit', Nijholt was said to have applied for the post stating he could work with Leitch as he knew him from his Swindon days.

(Surely Nijholt was pre Leitch though?)

Anyhow, can say that appointing Malpas would fill me with excitement. In the same way the appointing David 'Billy Mitchell' Byrne wouldn't. I'd go with it, but is this really the answer to the problem?

Incidently, he did unite the Motherwell fans. But not in a good way
http://www.welltrustfc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=24328&hl=aurice+malpas
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #23 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 21:13:34 »

Quote from: "STFC Bart"
Sounds like the cheap option to me. I would rather have Byrne and Williams to be honest than this guy looking at his record and thats saying something.

Yeah bring back the old Consortium  :roll:
lebowski

« Reply #24 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 21:15:26 »

i agree gazza.

jose veiga for manager.
kaufman

« Reply #25 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 21:16:37 »

was there not a bit in fiitons interviews when talking about people who he interviewed saying that he learnt a few things/got some great opinons from someone older in the game?
could be wrong,

help me out, i cant remember now
returnofthereds

« Reply #26 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 21:17:09 »

This piece of news isn't the inspired managerial choice that we were all hoping for. But a few weeks ago we were dead in the water with the real threat of having no club at all until Mr F came to the rescue. If that's who he chooses then so be it.
kaufman

« Reply #27 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 21:17:30 »

was there not a bit in fiitons interview today when he was talking about people who he interviewed saying that he learnt a few things/got some great opinions from someone older in the game?
could be wrong but might have been him

help me out, i cant remember now[/quote]
glos_robin

« Reply #28 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 21:17:59 »

It couldn't be that he is doing some unofficial scouting or representing someone else.....

I think RS and the press as a whole are at the stage where if any ex manager turns up to an STFC game they are going to put 2+2 together and get 98. They don't have a clue so will just start speculating
sonic youth

« Reply #29 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 21:19:32 »

Quote from: "STFC Bart"

FUCK OFF

malpas doesn't sound like a great option but anyone that isn't allen will get my backing
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: