Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A Total Boycott is all we have left.  (Read 14333 times)
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #90 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2007, 17:26:29 »

Quote from: "arriba"
if all those that boycott stand out the back of the arkells making as much noise as possible, it will have an effect for sure.
bollocks to the team need our support etc.as we are, we will be in a relegation battle as well as on the brink of financial ruin anyway.

arriba even boycott's the forums  Wink
flammableBen

« Reply #91 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2007, 17:27:04 »

I'll boycott and sit in the pub, but my spirit will be there.
OneAndrewFitton

« Reply #92 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2007, 17:28:50 »

We really need to push this boycott thing......i and plenty of others have emailed Andy Cryer.....i will happily contact the bbc, all newspapers, sky sports etc, the message needs to get out to everybody and also hopefully other swindon fans will follow suit.....we need a few thousand to boycott and stand outside the arkells protesting......this is what it has come down to.

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2007, 17:30:14 »

numbers boycotting wont be a problem.getting them to stand outside the ground will be.i still reckon numbers could be decent mind
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2007, 17:32:13 »

Quote from: "OneAndrewFitton"
if all those that boycott stand out the back of the arkells making as much noise as possible, it will have an effect for sure.
bollocks to the team need our support etc.as we are, we will be in a relegation battle as well as on the brink of financial ruin anyway.

I was thinking the same.....fuck the game......we won't have a club left soon anyway at this rate.....all boycott and stand outside the arkells for the whole game chanting and getting our point across.

We have nothing to lose. HRMC wre only stopped from winding us up, by the arrival of AF, so will certainly do it if they see the owners have wilfully refused to sell.
Relegation is not an option, if the takeover doesn't happen.

From the Dark Side
OneAndrewFitton

« Reply #95 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2007, 17:33:07 »

numbers boycotting wont be a problem.getting them to stand outside the ground will be.i still reckon numbers could be decent mind

I think the numbers will be good, after having 800+ behind the arkells last saturday, if we can get 1,500-2,000 behind the arkells that really would have a good effect.
sonic youth

« Reply #96 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2007, 17:36:10 »

i think you'd struggle to get a couple of hundred.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2007, 17:37:36 »

I won't be going until this lot are gone now.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2007, 17:39:04 »

I think the numbers will be good, after having 800+ behind the arkells last saturday, if we can get 1,500-2,000 behind the arkells that really would have a good effect.

Without wishing to piss on your party, you've no chance....if people boycott like me they'll just do something else....
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2007, 17:39:20 »

Count me in.  If those who feel they want to go to the game hear enough singing outside, they may organise a walkout 10 mins before the end?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2007, 17:40:19 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

Without wishing to piss on your party, you've no chance....if people boycott like me they'll just do something else....

Agree Reg. If i don't go on Saturday (and it's looking that way now) then i won't be showing up at th CG at all.
OneAndrewFitton

« Reply #101 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2007, 17:44:18 »

Well hopefully just the boycott will be enough then but if only a few hundred boycott then it will not be enough.
sonic youth

« Reply #102 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2007, 17:45:22 »

pardon?
glos_robin

« Reply #103 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2007, 17:47:53 »

A boycott would work if enough did it but as the past protests have shown not enough people will do it. In my mind maximum disruption needs to be caused even if it means getting the match delayed or stopped altogether....
OneAndrewFitton

« Reply #104 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2007, 17:49:21 »

I think the idea of running on the pitch and delaying the game would be good, it would get national media coverage on Sky Sports News, BBC etc, even if only around 500 people went onto the pitch, right now a ban wouldn't worry me as we have nothing to lose and the police won't arrest all those people.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: