Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A Total Boycott is all we have left.  (Read 14316 times)
sonic youth

« Reply #105 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2007, 17:50:48 »

you don't even go to games.

anyway, you wouldn't get 500 people on the pitch either. 50 odd would be plenty to delay the game if everyone ran to the centre-circle
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2007, 17:51:13 »

Quote from: "OneAndrewFitton"
I think the idea of running on the pitch and delaying the game would be good, it would get national media coverage on Sky Sports News, BBC etc, even if only around 500 people went onto the pitch, right now a ban wouldn't worry me as we have nothing to lose and the police won't arrest all those people.

Just a thought -  if people were outside the ground protesting this would dilute the security making it easier for those inside to get on the pitch
glos_robin

« Reply #107 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2007, 17:51:15 »

The protests have taken a long time to gather momentum, a boycott would take longer.... and time is something we don't have.
I just think we need to become as disruptive as possible
OneAndrewFitton

« Reply #108 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2007, 17:52:51 »

Quote from: "santa youth"
you don't even go to games.

anyway, you wouldn't get 500 people on the pitch either. 50 odd would be plenty to delay the game if everyone ran to the centre-circle

I go to away games.....i live too far from swindon to go to many home games....when this lot have fucked off then maybe i would make the effort but not while they are still here.
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2007, 17:53:11 »

Quote from: "Dazzza"
Slightly irrelevant but I had a response from HMRC today, which read along the usual lines of blah, blah we cannot disclose information on an individual case via email.  However, they had simply forwarded the email back to me kindly leaving a paper trail that spoke volumes.

No surprises but our “case” (not paying the CVA) has been allocated to a regional office and investigating officer which I would imagine is tantamount to the issue of a WUP order.  Meh no surprises really but it hits home that if the arse falls out of today’s deal we’ll have a pebble dash of a bathroom to clean up.

On another note does anyone buy the fact this is due to solicitors?  Sounds like a monkey/chimp/skeleton/bill/Bill has fallen out of the closet and they are drastically trying to pave the way around it.

Dazza - you should post that, or pass on the exact wording to Andy C/Ed H ... HMRC have been very careful not to talk, but if they've done it accidentally it would be good to read it.
sonic youth

« Reply #110 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2007, 17:53:57 »

Quote from: "redbullzeye"
I think the idea of running on the pitch and delaying the game would be good, it would get national media coverage on Sky Sports News, BBC etc, even if only around 500 people went onto the pitch, right now a ban wouldn't worry me as we have nothing to lose and the police won't arrest all those people.

Just a thought -  if people were outside the ground protesting this would dilute the security making it easier for those inside to get on the pitch

especially if things were synchronised.

people outside trying to get in one of the entrances, people inside jump on the pitch

chaos ensues.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2007, 17:55:37 »

I'm sure they've called in extra stewards since reading this.
glos_robin

« Reply #112 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2007, 17:55:55 »

people outside trying to get in one of the entrances, people inside jump on the pitch

chaos ensues.

Exactly the sort of thing I had in mind we need to hit them on a number of fronts, getting a ban is of little consequence to me as either Fitton takes over or I won't be at the CG anymore anyway. Chaos is an absolute must.....
sonic youth

« Reply #113 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2007, 17:56:31 »

oh well nevermind then.
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2007, 18:01:30 »

chaos ensues.

Spot on Sonic.  Group in one place, sing "we're not paying anymore" etc disperse and walk round to the other side of the ground and group up for more singing.  We'd all stay warm and they would have a fit not knowing what was happening next. If we could get a chant going with those inside it would be brill - like "we're the car park, we're the car park, we're the car park  over here"
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2007, 18:47:52 »

Quote from: "Samdy Gray"
I'm sure they've called in extra stewards since reading this.

Good that means that Not selling the club is already hitting them in the pocket

FAO Paul D, did you get my PM ?

From the Dark Side
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2007, 18:59:02 »

All sounds good in theory, but I'm not sure how many you'll get stood outside the ground for the whole match. If you did get a decent number then chanting at half time etc when it is quiet INSIDE the ground would be quite effective.

As for the pitch invasion, who ever said it "only" needs 500 is clearly deluded as to how many people will resort to illegal measures.
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2007, 19:02:10 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
All sounds good in theory, but I'm not sure how many you'll get stood outside the ground for the whole match. If you did get a decent number then chanting at half time etc when it is quiet INSIDE the ground would be quite effective.

As for the pitch invasion, who ever said it "only" needs 500 is clearly deluded as to how many people will resort to illegal measures.

Good point - we could do the first 15 minutes, then bugger off for a pint/xmas shop/shag/spliff then turn up at half time, sing a bit then off for another break then all back together for the last 20 mins and post match
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2007, 23:35:07 »

Good point - we could do the first 15 minutes, then bugger off for a pint/xmas shop/shag/spliff then turn up at half time

You're going to be hard pushed to do all that in half an hour - unless there's a one-stop "Beer and Christmas presents and Shagging and Spliffs" shop opened near the CG. If there is, I want to know!
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2007, 23:48:13 »

Quote from: "pauld"

Good point - we could do the first 15 minutes, then bugger off for a pint/xmas shop/shag/spliff then turn up at half time

You're going to be hard pushed to do all that in half an hour - unless there's a one-stop "Beer and Christmas presents and Shagging and Spliffs" shop opened near the CG. If there is, I want to know!

Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: