Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A Total Boycott is all we have left.  (Read 14337 times)
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, December 19, 2007, 15:00:08 »

I'm sure that if this deal is not completed by Saturday, it will be dead in the water. Then all we will have to look forward to is a firesale in January, with huge "Admin" costs, followed by liquidation.
I have therefore reached the conclusion that the only thing we as supporters can do is to stop the cashflow, so that the bloodsuckers at the club are no longer maintained & given sucour by our gate receipts.
I therefore intend to stop attending all home matches, until the club is in safe hands. I do intend to be at the county ground, but outside protesting.
Trouble is that any protests inside the ground, means that we have to pay for the privelege. They get our money, & won't give a fig about any FA fines, because the club won't be about to pay them.
I hope that this is unneccesary, but am raising the subject now, as a warning to the present owners. Sell or lose our financial support.

From the Dark Side
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2007, 15:02:54 »

I will deffo boycot
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2007, 15:03:29 »

The last league game I went to was Rovers at home and wont be attaending another until takeover is complete.
magic8ball

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2007, 15:04:15 »

50 or sixty fans boycotting isn't enough. Unless you can reach large numbers and persuade them to boycott, its futile.
sonic youth

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2007, 15:08:54 »

i honestly believe a boycott in terms of stopping cash flow will have no effect whatsoever.

the only way it would be effective was if those boycotting spend the entire game outside the ground chanting and attempting to disrupt the game in whatever way possible. block the players/directors entrances for example.

another option would be for people to leave on an agreed time, halfway through the second half perhaps. this is something else brighton did and it was pretty effective.

Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2007, 15:11:52 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
block the players/directors entrances for example.

Hmm... can anyone get hold of some 10ft concrete blocks and a heavy-lifting crane?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2007, 15:12:40 »

I haven't been to one home game all season.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
red macca

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2007, 15:14:15 »

Tramp
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2007, 15:14:45 »

I've started a poll on Thisis, not generally the most radical of sites & so far 90% are supporting a boycott.
Obvoiusly it needs large numbers to be effective, but even the threat of it might concentrate some minds.
As for the disruption outside of the ground, totally agree. I'd also suggest a picket!
http://forum.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=2191

From the Dark Side
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2007, 15:15:25 »

Quote from: "magic8ball"
50 or sixty fans boycotting isn't enough. Unless you can reach large numbers and persuade them to boycott, its futile.

Agree with you there. It's got to be on Brighton scale - ie, the vast majority - or it just won't work.

It is something that would be much more effective than a on-the-pitch protest partly because the media can run the pictures without worrying about rights etc. It also, of course, would hit them in the wallet which is where it hurts.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2007, 15:16:47 »

Quote from: "Terry Tibbs"
Quote from: "magic8ball"

Agree with you there. It's got to be on Brighton scale - ie, the vast majority - or it just won't work.

It is something that would be much more effective than a on-the-pitch protest partly because the media can run the pictures without worrying about rights etc. It also, of course, would hit them in the wallet which is where it hurts.

Money is the only thing that they are concerned with

From the Dark Side
magic8ball

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2007, 15:17:25 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
i honestly believe a boycott in terms of stopping cash flow will have no effect whatsoever.

the only way it would be effective was if those boycotting spend the entire game outside the ground chanting and attempting to disrupt the game in whatever way possible. block the players/directors entrances for example.

another option would be for people to leave on an agreed time, halfway through the second half perhaps. this is something else brighton did and it was pretty effective.

The biggest issue Swindon have, is that we simply can't seem to get the same numbers that they had at Brighton. In that clip, they had a crowd of just 3,500, but managed to get around 1,000 outside protesting. We get 6,000 in the ground, and 200 protest after the game.

We need to make the average Swindon supporter, who doesn't spend their lives looking at internet forums, understand what the repercussions of all this could be if it isn't sorted out very soon.
Barry Scott

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2007, 15:18:10 »

Can't see a boycott having any effect either. In many ways, i personally see it as the easy option. i didn't attend the last home game and it was a case of out of sight, out of mind.

Going to the games will get me worked up. We need to be worked up to generate some negative emotion towards this board and help fuel any protests.

That's another reason why i want Byrne and Williams to continue to manage. I couldn't really give a shit about results at the moment, positive or negative, i still feel shit.

If we lose more and more, i can only hope that it causes other supporters to get off their lazy arses (i'm one) and join the protests and show real anger and hatred towards this fucking board.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2007, 15:19:17 »

Isn't your lunch break up yet Bazza?
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2007, 15:20:11 »

People shoul dhave got off their asses 18 months ago.

I have been warning about Diamandis for the past 2 years- but it fell on deaf ears
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: