Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: "Deal is getting done":Fitton  (Read 15056 times)
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, December 11, 2007, 11:14:36 »

'Deal is getting done': Fitton
Exclusive By Andy Cryer
Comment
ANDREW Fitton has reassured Town fans the takeover deal is "getting done" but was remaining coy on setting any deadlines.

The Town suitor and Ramsbury businessman told the Swindon Advertiser this morning lawyers were still ironing out legal issues but was confident there is no need to worry.

Fitton admitted everyone was being "deliberately coy" over setting any deadlines or time frame for the completion, to avoid further panic if these were not met.

He said: "The deal is getting done. I don't think the fans need to worry about this matter particularly."

The Swindon Advertiser understand completion is still a few days away but Fitton's negotiations have bought the club more time at the hands of their creditors.

Town were on the financial brink on Thursday afternoon after Fitton withdrew from talks but a U-turn the next day has given new hope for the debt-ridden club.

10:58am today
Evening Advertiser
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, December 11, 2007, 11:17:19 »

No deadlines have been set, so how long will it take. I can see this going on well into the new year.... :-))(

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, December 11, 2007, 11:21:31 »

I'll believe it when it is complete and only then

I come from a land down-under
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, December 11, 2007, 11:23:59 »

Quote from: "Sippo"
No deadlines have been set, so how long will it take. I can see this going on well into the new year.... :-))(

No deadlines are in the public domain, I'd imagine they have been set internally though.

The main thing is Fitton hasn't said it is stalling....
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, December 11, 2007, 11:26:43 »

That statement from Fitton means more than all of Holts statements put together.
hansgruber

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, December 11, 2007, 11:28:32 »

Can't understand why the creditors are giving them more time though. This could go on for months yet.

How is this club still trading? I can't see any suppliers/contractors doing any work or providing goods without cash up front
Barry Scott

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, December 11, 2007, 11:33:03 »

Quote from: "hansgruber"
Can't understand why the creditors are giving them more time though.

If they don't wait, we fold, they get almost nothing. If they wait they get their money back. Patience is something our creditors, thankfully, seem to have.
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, December 11, 2007, 11:34:51 »

I'm still not sure I am ready to be crossing my fingers.  I'll wait a bit longer.
hansgruber

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, December 11, 2007, 11:36:52 »

Quote from: "Barry Scott"

If they don't wait, we fold, they get almost nothing. If they wait they get their money back. Patience is something our creditors, thankfully, seem to have.

True. It's just frustrating that they (the board) can just say - "we're worth nothing so wait", whilst holding out for cash to take over the club from BEST/Fitton. And trading in the meantime (presumably on credit as mentioned above)
STFCere

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, December 11, 2007, 11:56:27 »

so fittons said theres no need to worry takeover is being completed etc etc...so this leads us to the inevitable question...still protest like hell on saturday? or take the foot off the pedal? is there a danger the protests could put him off?

ing on Sabin: "He's the new Thierry Henry"

Gazza on life in China: "I'm enjoying every day. I've tried everything: duck's head, chicken's head, chicken's feet and bats and hopefully, if I keep that up, I'll be flying."

'The first 90 minutes are the most important.' - Bobby Robson
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, December 11, 2007, 12:05:15 »

Quote from: "STFCere"
so fittons said theres no need to worry takeover is being completed etc etc...so this leads us to the inevitable question...still protest like hell on saturday? or take the foot off the pedal? is there a danger the protests could put him off?

Protests supporting Fittons takeover will be the order of the day.  With plenty of vocal support for him we will show how wanted he is and how we think he can take the club forward.  This will strengthen his desire to takeover and also show the current board that if things collapse they have a whole fanbase against them.
sonic youth

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, December 11, 2007, 12:32:00 »

Quote from: "Barry Scott"

not sure i want to rely on HRMC patience anymore....
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, December 11, 2007, 12:59:38 »

If takeover isnt complete by Saturday (Fitton comfirms its complete not the board)  then I will go to protests but not the game.
red macca

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, December 11, 2007, 13:15:57 »

Protest to back fitton and i will be their .
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, December 11, 2007, 13:20:51 »

This is really promising news, especially as it's from Fitton himself. Good of the adver to keep contacting him for updates.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: