Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: "Deal is getting done":Fitton  (Read 14922 times)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, December 11, 2007, 13:29:10 »

A few more days then hopefully. What is promising is Fitton saying we don't need to worry about the deal getting done. I won't jump for joy yet though.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, December 11, 2007, 14:02:44 »

All sounds positive.

I hate to say it but whats the odds on another "last minute minor* ammendment to the deal"?

* for minor in STFC board language read - the addition of a figure between £3m -£8m to the selling price
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, December 11, 2007, 14:20:08 »

Quote from: "Colin Todd"
All sounds positive.

I hate to say it but whats the odds on another "last minute minor* ammendment to the deal"?

* for minor in STFC board language read - the addition of a figure between £3m -£8m to the selling price

Going on past experience, which is all we have, I'd say it was a cast iron certainty. I ain't getting excited yet, that's for sure.
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, December 11, 2007, 14:22:49 »

If Diamandis is involved it could happen that another "LAST" minute clause is inserted
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, December 11, 2007, 14:31:31 »

Quote from: "STFC Bart"
If Diamandis is involved it could happen that another "LAST" minute clause is inserted

Bart I have not been very critical of you in the past as despite the repetitive nature of your posts I have still shared the same opinion as you on most board room stuff but you really must change the record.  They re-approached Fitton to re-open talks and even the greedy bastard that is Diamond Mike was involved so let us all enjoy the glimmer of hope we have.  As long as Fitton continues to say things are moving positively then thats enough for me.
figgis

« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, December 11, 2007, 15:09:18 »

maybe he added a last minute clause saying any more last minute clauses and the deals off.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, December 11, 2007, 15:14:36 »

what about clauses added in the last hour?
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, December 11, 2007, 15:18:12 »

Quote from: "stfctownenda"
Quote from: "STFC Bart"

Bart I have not been very critical of you in the past as despite the repetitive nature of your posts I have still shared the same opinion as you on most board room stuff but you really must change the record.  They re-approached Fitton to re-open talks and even the greedy bastard that is Diamond Mike was involved so let us all enjoy the glimmer of hope we have.  As long as Fitton continues to say things are moving positively then thats enough for me.

Keep spinning that disc, Bart, I'm still dancing. Until they're gone, there's always the chance this deal could go the same way as all the others. By getting Fitton back to the table they have kept the wolves from the door once more, and who's to say that isn't all they're after from these talks? How can anyone have confidence in this lot not scuppering this deal?

I really hope Fitton gets this done and boots the bastards out, but hope is all it is and I read nothing in his quotes today that makes it anything more. Nothing, in fact, that I didn't read before the last talks collapsed.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, December 11, 2007, 15:44:58 »

I don't think that stfctownenda is disagreeing with Bart, nor is anybody else for that matter.

The thing is that Bart can't half go on and on and on, repeating the same thing over and over and over. he reminds me of being nagged by my mum. "I know mum, I am sorry and I agree with you that I should not have forgotten to take my key with me last night, but FF'S stop going on about it cos once is enough OK?"
kevjoycreed

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, December 11, 2007, 15:47:06 »

Quote from: "Tails"
This is really promising news, especially as it's from Fitton himself. Good of the adver to keep contacting him for updates.

To be fair, good of Fitton to keep updating the Adver.
Fittons updates are by far more believable than anything coming directly from the club, and this latest one seems quite positive. I am begining to let myself think it might acctually happen this time round.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, December 11, 2007, 16:05:24 »

Quote from: "BANGKOK RED"
I don't think that stfctownenda is disagreeing with Bart, nor is anybody else for that matter.

The thing is that Bart can't half go on and on and on, repeating the same thing over and over and over. he reminds me of being nagged by my mum. "I know mum, I am sorry and I agree with you that I should not have forgotten to take my key with me last night, but FF'S stop going on about it cos once is enough OK?"

Much better worded, thanks BR  Cool
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, December 11, 2007, 16:13:41 »

Quote from: "kevjoycreed"
This is really promising news, especially as it's from Fitton himself. Good of the adver to keep contacting him for updates.

Fittons updates are by far more believable than anything coming directly from the club, and this latest one seems quite positive. I am begining to let myself think it might acctually happen this time round.

Yes that's true, I'm warming more to Fitton more and more.. I think he'll do well for us. Just really hope it all goes through.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, December 11, 2007, 16:17:48 »

Quote from: "kevjoycreed"

Yes that's true, I'm warming more to Fitton more and more.. I think he'll do well for us. Just really hope it all goes through.

Absolutely, and let's not forget that with Fitton not even being on the board (yet), that he is not obliged to keep us in the loop whatsoever, so I would imagine that when/if he does take over then his PR relationship with the fans will be second to none.

MAN I hope that he can pull this off.
kirky62

« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, December 11, 2007, 16:17:58 »

AF - Please please please be good to your word and get the deal done - hopefully before Saturday so we can all celebrate. This must now happen. SSW/MD - Dont stop it happening now. SSW - If the deal goes through you will still be considered as the man who put a lot of money in to the club and kept us afloat during difficult times. For that you will be thanked and not forgotton.  Emotionally the last few weeks have been worse than anything I have ever experienced before as the possibility of not having our football club to support has dawned on me - and that will be the same for every one of us. You dont know how much something means to you until you no longer have it. If - no when - this takeover happens the fan base will unite and get behind the new owners and team. Once again AF - MAKE IT HAPPEN.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, December 11, 2007, 17:21:04 »

Fuck that, I lost my respect for SSW a long time ago.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: